hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar

Hibs-Celtic half and half shirts

Thinking back to the 2001 Final and remember hearing about a couple of guys who decided it would be a good idea to turn up at Hampden wearing half a Hibs shirt and half a Celtic shirt stitched together, and to sit in the Hibs end. They were, quite understandably, given it tight by the Hibs support and I think made a sharp exit.

Anyone else remember this, and what on earth possessed them?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Celtic seem to think we have a "friendship" with them. I've already heard a lot of pish about hampden being covered in green white and gold bla bla bla. Embarrassing.

To any Celtic fans, your club is a disgrace and I hope we absolutely destroy you 7-0 with Neil Lennon storming out of hampden in tears with SOL ringing in his ears.

I was subjected to the all tims together pish from an old Celtic supporter in Alfredo's yesterday. Boring!

Quote Originally Posted by Pames McJake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtic seem to think we have a "friendship" with them. I've already heard a lot of pish about hampden being covered in green white and gold bla bla bla. Embarrassing.

To any Celtic fans, your club is a disgrace and I hope we absolutely destroy you 7-0 with Neil Lennon storming out of hampden in tears with SOL ringing in his ears.
    Hate their idea that we are a mini version of them etc. I don't want hibs associated with those bigots in any way, shape or form!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I despise them and their terrorist-sympathising supporters more than the Huns and Hearts put together and they can ram their patronising 'green, white and gold' final nonsense up their arse.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    **** Celtic, hope we smash them on 26th May, hate them and their disgraceful fans. glory to the Hibees:pfgwa

Well based on those quick survey results I dont think we will be selling them at the shop.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    i can remember seeing a couple of folk wearing them, was it not some dodgy minister/priest that used to have a column in the evening news that started it all off?

cant mind what his name was but i can remember him having to leave his post for some reason

Overheard a conversation between two jakies on the bus: "It's gid we got Sellick in the final, doesny matter who wins now"

What the ****?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Walking back to the car after the '01 final I was treated to the most condescending crap ever from some Celtc supporters about how great it was that at least they wore green. Seemingly **** off was not the answered they expected.

I'd encourage sect 43 to make sure any display at the final makes it clear what our feelings on Celtc are.

A big banner saying 'first to wear the green, first to wear hoops, founded for charity not business, know your history!!'

Might be a tad tough to coordinate though.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'd encourage sect 43 to make sure any display at the final makes it clear what our feelings on Celtc are.

A big banner saying 'first to wear the green, first to wear hoops, founded for charity not business, know your history!!'

Let's just make it clear that without us they'd be nothing, they'd have never existed. Loathsome bunch they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Thinking back to the 2001 Final and remember hearing about a couple of guys who decided it would be a good idea to turn up at Hampden wearing half a Hibs shirt and half a Celtic shirt stitched together, and to sit in the Hibs end. They were, quite understandably, given it tight by the Hibs support and I think made a sharp exit.

Anyone else remember this, and what on earth possessed them?
    They were sitting a couple of rows in front of us. I think they were turfed out after the lesser greens first goal.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Hampden will look superb on the 26th. As for the half and half shirts, oh dear. Not surprised they neved caught on

First Team Breakthrough Pat 0-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    Hate their idea that we are a mini version of them etc. I don't want hibs associated with those bigots in any way, shape or form!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    ****my club and ****my fans. Not associated with them except at the formative years of their minging existence. They can get to **** and ram all the condescending pish up their Cameron Toll. Hope we shaft them good and proper.

Could we get the cards organised to read "If it Wisnae for the Hibees You'd Be Huns"?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pames McJake View Post

This.

*****. Anything less than 5-0 Hibs and I will be screaming for Paddy's sacking.

They are a tiresome bunch.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    ram all the condescending pish up their Cameron Toll.

I was there in 2001 and most of you won't like to hear it but I thought the atmosphere between both sets of fans that day was tremendous.

I was in the Horseshoe bar in Central station and the one off showing of mutual despising of Rangers and Hearts was brilliant.

I've not got a lot of time for the tims but I have to admit, I don't hate them as much as Rangers or Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I despise them and their terrorist-sympathising supporters more than the Huns and Hearts put together and they can ram their patronising 'green, white and gold' final nonsense up their arse.
    You cannae say that...............................they have a chip on their shoulder dont you know

Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    I was there in 2001 and most of you won't like to hear it but I thought the atmosphere between both sets of fans that day was tremendous.

I was in the Horseshoe bar in Central station and the one off showing of mutual despising of Rangers and Hearts was brilliant.

I've not got a lot of time for the tims but I have to admit, I don't hate them as much as Rangers or Hearts.
    I do seem to remember both fans enjoying a mutual 'no huns/hearts at Hampden' chant.

Left by mutual consent!

I'd encourage the opposite.

The first to wear green & first to wear hoops is more of a dig at Celtc than a celebration of our own heritage.

Let the players walk onto the pitch inspired by a Hibs display and not some petty 'we did it before you' nonsense.
    I have no doubt that the Celtc fans would be anticipating such a display with one akin to their 'success in green' or their love of all players Hibs.
    If they rise above this then I think they'll go for green and gold, the giant cross in the middle to 'celebrate' their 125th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyneside Hibs View Post
    I'd encourage the opposite.

The first to wear green & first to wear hoops is more of a dig at Celtc than a celebration of our own heritage.

Let the players walk onto the pitch inspired by a Hibs display and not some petty 'we did it before you' nonsense.
    I have no doubt that the Celtc fans would be anticipating such a display with one akin to their 'success in green' or their love of all players Hibs.
    If they rise above this then I think they'll go for green and gold, the giant cross in the middle to 'celebrate' their 125th anniversary.
    Spot on.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875

Then on that we will have to disagree. I think they are a bunch of condescendingunwashedhubcapstealingdrugdealingtwat s.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

this

although i do enjoy it when they beat hertz

I must admit to supporting the sellik, -------4 times a year ---whenever they play the yam fuds. I do however do the same for St Mirren,Dundee,Aberdeen, Motherwell etc etc etc

Stand up if you hate jam tarts should be good though :)