hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

How Do We Win Against Celtic? Etc. Etc.!

I've seen perhaps 10 games this season from my arm chair in Canada. I would say one of those performances was what we should expect from a Hibs team (Kilmarnock in the Scottish Cup). The rest have been gash.

So, how do we win against Celtic in the final? What team do we go with?

The one thing that impressed me about the performance against Kille was the way we kept our shape, passed the ball and more importantly worked tirelessly for 90 mins. Our movement off the ball and determination to close Killie down and not give them any space was also great. So, how do we replicate or even surpass this?

And what do we do about this lack of motivation until it really matters?! Does Pat have to take each of the players and sit them down individually to get them 'ready' starting now?

All these questions stem from my indecision over whether to fly back for the final!

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Get in about them, take the game to them......

Play with no fear, rise to the occasion and give everything we have.....A chance for this group of players to become legends
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Anything can happen.

Last week our works fitba team lost by twenty-one clear goals in our first ever game. Today we picked up a point. Nobody saw it coming.

We get up in their faces, we keep our shape, we believe that we can win and we go in with the attitude that we don't leave that pitch as anything other than winners.

As supporters we give huge support with no conditions attached.

We can do this. Let's do it.

First Team Breakthrough Green Cabbage 7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeHutch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen perhaps 10 games this season from my arm chair in Canada. I would say one of those performances was what we should expect from a Hibs team (Kilmarnock in the Scottish Cup). The rest have been gash.

So, how do we win against Celtic in the final? What team do we go with?

The one thing that impressed me about the performance against Kille was the way we kept our shape, passed the ball and more importantly worked tirelessly for 90 mins. Our movement off the ball and determination to close Killie down and not give them any space was also great. So, how do we replicate or even surpass this?

And what do we do about this lack of motivation until it really matters?! Does Pat have to take each of the players and sit them down individually to get them 'ready' starting now?

All these questions stem from my indecision over whether to fly back for the final!

GGTTH
    We need each and every player to really want the ball, express themselves, squeeze them for the ball as a unit and be in there faces that will win us the cup! Belieif is the key! As the late Eddie turnbull said you have to get the players to believe there every bit as good as he did in the seventies with the tornadoes

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    Start with the 11 who finished the game yesterday. Maybe keep Thomson ahead of Taiwo for previous experience reasons.