hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Pre final camp

Pre final camp

I remember Collins took the players on a 5? Day training camp just prior to the 2007 final, and although its hard to judge how much it contributed to that outstanding performance v Killie, it definitely did something.

Bearing in mind the players look so jaded at the moment (Cairney, Spoony, McPake most obviously) im thinking it would be a great idea to get the players away somewhere warm to work on fitness conditioning and tactics prior to the final.

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough 1875HFC's Avatar
    Pat took the lads to Ireland before the final last year, hope he changes his pre-final bonding location

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    A friend of mine suggested it was a mistake of PF to take the players to Dublin last year during the build up as they wouldn't realise the magnitude of the game. He was right.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember Collins took the players on a 5? Day training camp just prior to the 2007 final, and although its hard to judge how much it contributed to that outstanding performance v Killie, it definitely did something.

Bearing in mind the players look so jaded at the moment (Cairney, Spoony, McPake most obviously) im thinking it would be a great idea to get the players away somewhere warm to work on fitness conditioning and tactics prior to the final.

Thoughts?

Is Julian Clary going ??

First Team Breakthrough Moon unit's Avatar

Thoughts?
    Brilliant idea..we have several weeks to get the squad in the best shape they could ever be . Maybe Uncle Tom could foot the bill? The club really has to have a good go at this one! The remaining games are pretty meaningless, so it's a chance to experiment, give young guys a chance.... But ultimately ensure that they are Ultra fit for the big one!!!

Thoughts?

They've got 5 weeks and 5 freindly before the final. I'd give them a week off and then wrap McPake, Leigh and Claros up in cotton wool and only play them in bit parts to keep them fit.