First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Agree

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Who cared

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're in the SC Final.

Lighten up FFS.

Not going to be delusional and predict us to win it but at least a Eurotrip is on the cards!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Big time.
    Hibs greatest comeback ever? Was a privilege to be there to witness it.

It was a legendary comeback. At the moment that's all I care about

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Big time.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Yer glad we are in another final though aye ?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was certainly wallpaper paster for me, when Griffiths scored his second.
    Last edited by Phil D. Rolls; 13-04-2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Sorry trying to make this less offensive, but I can't get at the text.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post
    Do you think we should withdraw from the tournament ?

Interesting to see you agreed with yourself regarding the nodding smiley.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Do you think we should withdraw from the tournament ?

Interesting to see you agreed with yourself regarding the nodding smiley.
    Nothin worse on here than that. "I agree with me" WTF???

Best 2nd half performance for ages and we're there, that's all I want to think about just now.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Wow the first 45 were bad. But so what. We're in the cup final. It was a day I'll never forget

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Wow the first 45 were bad. But so what. We're in the cup final. It was a day I'll never forget
    Yep we got out of jail big time but bottom line who cares we are in the final and that is a great achievement given the very difficult draw we have had. The final is 6 weeks away we can improve and who knows, only 3 teams can now win the cup and we should be delighted we will be one of 2 who do it.

We just came back from 3-0 down in a Scottish Cup semi final.

Could we not have at least one night of positivity before we get back to drawing the knives out?

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    We just came back from 3-0 down in a Scottish Cup semi final.

Could we not have at least one night of positivity before we get back to drawing the knives out?

Ive just watched the 10minutes highlights and still getting my head round it. Unbelievable, legendary comeback. Like Liverpool vs AC Meelan but with more spectacular goals

It's only papering over the Gran Canyon if Fenlon doesn't learn from the second half how Hibs should be playing - a pacey 4-4-2.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Yer glad we are in another final though aye ?
    I'll be honest, I'm ambivalent about it. The money will come in handy, but right now all I can see is another horsing, whether it's Celts or Arabs. Our team is hopeless and our tactics are hopeless. We went three down in 30 mins against First Division opposition. Credit to the team for coming back, but there's no way we would have done that against SPL top-six opposition, and besides it would probably have been 4 or 5 by HT.

I wasn't glad we were in the final last year because I could see what was coming. We didn't face a single top-six SPL side on the road to the final ("just as well" or "unfortunately" depending on your point of view, since our record against them over the season was played 21, won 1). I don't need to remind anybody what happened when we eventually did.

The same applies this year, although the opposition has been slightly tougher. Our record against top-six is marginally better, but only because of early season results. Our current form (by which I mean form going back five months now) is every bit as woeful as last year.

Hence the thread title. For those who were irritated by the smiley, I put it in because I had nothing to add to the title, but the forum won't accept empty posts. I would have used an expressionless one if there was such a thing. I should have used a full stop.

If we actually go on to win the thing, that comeback will become legendary. Hibs fans are not daft, we know we have frailties and got things badly wrong in the first half, however, you cannot deny Pat Fenlon has taken 2 very average Hibs teams to successive Cup Finals and - whether by force or design - orchestrated the most amazing comeback Hampden has seen in years.

Gamer IDs

I'll be honest, I'm ambivalent about it. The money will come in handy, but right now all I can see is another horsing, whether it's Celts or Arabs. Our team is hopeless and our tactics are hopeless. We went three down in 30 mins against First Division opposition. Credit to the team for coming back, but there's no way we would have done that against SPL top-six opposition, and besides it would probably have been 4 or 5 by HT.

I wasn't glad we were in the final last year because I could see what was coming. We didn't face a single top-six SPL side on the road to the final ("just as well" or "unfortunately" depending on your point of view, since our record against them over the season was played 21, won 1). I don't need to remind anybody what happened when we eventually did.

The same applies this year, although the opposition has been slightly tougher. Our record against top-six is marginally better, but only because of early season results. Our current form (by which I mean form going back five months now) is every bit as woeful as last year.

Hence the thread title. For those who were irritated by the smiley, I put it in because I had nothing to add to the title, but the forum won't accept empty posts. I would have used an expressionless one if there was such a thing. I should have used a full stop.
    We now have a 1 off game tho against one of 2 sides that we have shown we can deal with this season. This Hibs team has beaten Celtic, and has been a dodgy penalty away from beating and completely outplaying Dundee Utd. Our 2nd half performance would have beaten most SPL club so right now I'll focus on that, enjoy today's other Scottish Cup Semi, then look forward to our 4th trip to Hampden in 2 years.

I agree with the posters who are still on cloud nine and don't want to come down. But when we do we need to ask ourselves as a support whether we are forceful enough in putting pressure on the current stewards of the club to explain their continuing underperformance.

One striker up top for 5 months is bad enough. But AT HAMPDEN AGAINST AN SFL SIDE? WTF!!!

Time we asked those responsible for hiring these coaches and players why they see that as acceptable.
    Last edited by RIP; 14-04-2013 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    I agree with the posters who are still on cloud nine and don't want to come down. But when we do we need to ask ourselves as a support whether we are forceful enough in putting pressure on the current stewards of the club to explain their continuing underperformance.

One striker up top for 5 months is bad enough. But AT HAMPDEN AGAINST AN SFL SIDE? WTF!!!

Time we asked those responsible for hiring these coaches and players why they see that as acceptable.
    Celebrate. Good times. Come on.

Understand what you're saying, but it's a defeatist attitude - the exact problem Hibs FC have been afflicted with over the years and that we need to shed. It sounds like you'd have Hibs apologise for stumbling through to the Final and just hand the trophy to Celtic or Utd. The highlighted bit is tosh. Aberdeen, Hearts and Killie is a tough route to Hampden.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Woke up this morning and thought yesterday was a dream. Absolutely delighted.
    However we were shown that football in Scotland is all about athleticism and pace: two things that Falkirk had in abundance. I hope Pat learns from this. Young Harris changed the game for us for that reason.
    Secondly, I'd be enquiring about lyle Taylor. He looks the part and would score a rake in the SPL.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

The Grand Canyon is 18 miles wide and a mile deep in places. Papering over it would be a massive achievement and coming back from 3 down in a cup semi ain't too shabby either, so well done Pat and the boys.

Now let's get solidly behind them for the final. If you're scared of getting beat don't go.

We CAN paper that canyon. Believe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/22138073#asset

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Just sitting down to watch the full match now.

We now have a 1 off game tho against one of 2 sides that we have shown we can deal with this season. This Hibs team has beaten Celtic, and has been a dodgy penalty away from beating and completely outplaying Dundee Utd. Our 2nd half performance would have beaten most SPL club so right now I'll focus on that, enjoy today's other Scottish Cup Semi, then look forward to our 4th trip to Hampden in 2 years.
    As you say, and I take some comfort from the fact that at least it's not Hearts or Rangers. If I was in the country I might even go, although I abandoned Hibs at Hampden after Dundee United in 2005. By that point I hadn't seen Hibs win at Hampden for thirty-two years. There had been more beatings, thrashings, and disappointments than I care to remember. I just couldn't take it any more.

Youngsters who think that it gets easier as you get older can forget it. It gets worse. So as Hibs supporters, you can look forward to decades of increasing pain.