hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Be honest......who left after 30 minutes?

A terrible, shocking start but must be gutted if you headed for an early exit.

Couldn't make the game so am not casting any stones...just wondered!

Great comeback, well done lads

2. Log in to remove the advert

couldnt blame anyone especially given our run of late and last May.
    However there was a long way to go, so a tad premature.

Testimonial Due
    Dunno if it counts - but I turned off and took the dog for a walk at 3-0. She ran off and after we got her back I logged on Hibs.net via my phone to confirm the disaster to find it 3-3 so rushed back turned on the lap top watched extra time only for the stream to crash just after Leigh's goal.

Would have stayed had I been there though.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by coco22 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A terrible, shocking start but must be gutted if you headed for an early exit.

Couldn't make the game so am not casting any stones...just wondered!

Great comeback, well done lads
    i left at half time to be honest, I just could not in my wildest dreams see 3/4 goals coming.
    I drove so I had the option to go, I had a re-run of the final in my head and i just couldn't
    face it. I know i will get called all sorts for it, but yeah I was one of them. ggtth

Wouldn't blame anyone for leaving early after that first half. The team once again had failed to turn up and were a disgrace to the shirt.

Thought about it but didn't.

FAO Pat Fenlon though 4-4 ****ing 2.

Left and im gutted about it now. Got the zebra finance form filled out and ready to post but it was goin in the bin no long ago

I will confess I left the pub at 3-1 after 75 minutes. Simply couldn't see it happening.

Got back to the flat and it was 3-3. Back to the pub. IMMEDIATELY.

Ecstatic and astonished and enormously proud.

My daughter left at half-time and watched the second half in the Montford. She said its stowed !

I was absolutely gutted at half time. But I still didn't post any bad comments about Pat or the team, although in my head I thought it.
    I just am one of life's annoying positive people- thats the attitude to have in life.

I know we were shocking- But never give up on anything you love, and Hibs I love you.

Booked flight for final, just incase so I'll see you all there And BTW I haven't seen Hibs get beat in 8 years!!!! (Nope I wasn't at last years final, my last game was win 1-0 hearts :) :)

Bloody Brilliant :pfgwa

ps. To all the jambos who posted on here and on my FB in the first half hour :fenlon

Thought about it, but stayed, phew!

First Team Breakthrough Yuillsy's Avatar
    Totally honest 5 of us left when the 3rd goal hit the net. Gutted now but still in Glasgow meeting friends so totally delighted.

@hibs.net private member hibeesjoe's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: catcabbage
    Me, my mate and my son left when the 3rd went in. Feel absolutely gutted about it now but it felt justified at the time. There must have been 100's if not 1000's walked out. That come back must have been 100-1 though so i take my hat off to every Hibee that stayed to watch it.

Was the proverbial "bawhair" away from leaving but didn't. Was going to give it till 70 and leave but just couldn't bring myself to go. So happy I stayed. Fenlon needs to wake up and smell the 442!

fighting (and not the team)

After the 2nd I seen 3 fights break out around me, anyone know why? Bet they feel like right twats! GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Should not have happened IMO because

1) issue over folks seemingly in the wrong seat should have been fully resolved by a steward - they appeared to leave them to it and it escalated

2) Ticketing - A family section should be for families. Folks in parts of the sections didn't appear to be in families rather (perhaps understandable in financial straights) folk going for blocks of cheaper tickets ?

i was there with my 6 yrs old son son for his first Hampden experience I luckily clocked the situation. And managed to remove him from the situ. Luckily he was distracted and didn't see it kickoff one guy got his nose bust I'm told someone from 2 rows behind and unrelated to the incident pamper him.

There were other instances where stewardds
    simply failed to do their job - calmly shepherd irate fans from the aisles so they don't end up being challenged by others and it escalated AGAiN.

Epic fail from the stewards and I will intimate this to Garry O'Hagan as the scenes were pretty discgraceful, yet avoidable. I've yet to tell the missus but for the first time ever I've thought maybe (outside OF/Hearts) its not a good idea to take him is I can't be more sure of the security arrangements. Stewards should have seen this coming a mile off.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeesjoe View Post
    Me, my mate and my son left when the 3rd went in. Feel absolutely gutted about it now but it felt justified at the time. There must have been 100's if not 1000's walked out. That come back must have been 100-1 though so i take my hat off to every Hibee that stayed to watch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    i left at half time to be honest, I just could not in my wildest dreams see 3/4 goals coming.
    I drove so I had the option to go, I had a re-run of the final in my head and i just couldn't
    face it. I know i will get called all sorts for it, but yeah I was one of them. ggtth
    I walked at HT but I stayed to the bitter end of THAT game. Never did I see us recovering from 0-3 going on more. We were a disgrace tbh.

I must admit if I wasn't working tonight i'd probably have been in the boozer by half time but I stayed.

Testimonial Due
    I left at half time and I have no regrets about doing so.

Felt physically sick at half time but it was great to see the way our support got right behind the team the second they started performing

roaring the team on is always a better idea than chucking scarfs away and storming out - but that first half embarrassment stretched us all to breaking point.

Players and support can learn from this - we'll win yhis cup if we dont bottle it - time to regroup and roar the team on in the final.

Anyway, on train fi Queen St now and it's bouncing!

Testimonial Due

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Lies!

@hibs.net private member
    Lies. Hope you're embarrassed.

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Left at 3-0. Never been so gutted - felt worse than after final. Enjoyed molesting strangers in pub when fourth went in tho to be fair.

at half time i asked my mate, (who has a betfair account on his phone) what odds he could get on a 3-3 draw after 90 minutes...he guessed at 80/1 but never put anything on as he was trying to control his inner chimp which was urging him to leave....we stayed and talked about the eejits that left...we discussed the liverpool/ a.c. milan euro final when liverpool came back from a 3-0 deficit...we talked about the dryburgh cup final in the early seventies when hibs held a 3-0 lead over celtic only to see the game going into extra time after a celtic comeback...we talked about hibs.net and how everyone would be spitting blood and demanding pat's head on a platter...but we stayed...we believed...and then we got our reward for being true supporters of this club.

if you left early you will go to your graves knowing that your lack of belief meant you missed one of the greatest comebacks in hibs history.

to those that stayed...i salute you!...YOU made it happen.

First Team Breakthrough TomoHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tamsen94
    Somebody threw their hibs scaf away and it landed on me

Dont understand why people would leave after half an hour, long way to go, and Falkirk tired and we were all out attack after the break.....

"Fans" throwing scarves away is a huge bugbear of mine....Clancy gestured near us to stop the booing....

All credit to the fans who stayed and were rewarded with an amazing second half, the fans definitely got right behind them, when it mattered most.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee62 View Post
    Lies!
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Lies. Hope you're embarrassed.
    Aye cos we were amazing in the first half and the international bar was ***** in the 2nd half and extra time.

Too embarrassed

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    We were close to leaving at the 3rd but stayed. Thank god

First Team Breakthrough HibeeDave's Avatar
    I stayed to the end, second half was amazing,I suffered more nerves when the penalty was saved and thought it just would not be our day aided with the disallowed goal. When we equalised i then truly believed there was only going to be one winner.