hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sportscene

Sportscene

That was embarrassing, what an utter shambles and as bad if not worse than last season, Fenlon stop talking the same old 'disappointing' line as YOU are clearly unable to motivate/tactically change things, I ain't looking forward to next week!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was embarrassing, what an utter shambles and as bad if not worse than last season, Fenlon stop talking the same old 'disappointing' line as YOU are clearly unable to motivate/tactically change things, I ain't looking forward to next week!!!
    I never watch Sportscene when we get beat. I've hardly watched it the past 3 years or so.

First Team Breakthrough
    I know. He always says that we didn't turn up or do enough to win the game. Motivation is part of a manager's job.

He is like Wenger. No awareness of tactics or motivation. He can find some good players thou, Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I know. He always says that we didn't turn up or do enough to win the game. Motivation is part of a manager's job.

He is like Wenger. No awareness of tactics or motivation. He can find some good players thou, Williams.
    He is like Wenger?!? Really? If only...

They highlights were brutal.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

He's as far away from Wenger as its possible to be. Arsenal always try and play football, when was the last time you could say that about us?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    He is like Wenger?!? Really? If only...

Wenger isn't that tactically aware. Makes a sub on 60 mins without fail. I was more meaning his interview style thou. Always blames the mentality of the players.

Wenger isn't that tactically aware. Makes a sub on 60 mins without fail. I was more meaning his interview style thou. Always blames the mentality of the players.
    You serious? Wenger's a superb manager. As for blaming it all on the PF, stop it please. The players have to take some responsibility. As soon as they cross the line, it's up to them. PF not blameless as it's his team, but not ALL his fault.

I'm watching MOTD 2, and the commentator has just come out with one of the funniest quotes ever. Steven Gerrard goes down after a challenge, could have been a penalty.

He then said Gerrard is not the kind of player who goes down easily.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by gillythehibby View Post
    You serious? Wenger's a superb manager. As for blaming it all on the PF, stop it please. The players have to take some responsibility. As soon as they cross the line, it's up to them. PF not blameless as it's his team, but not ALL his fault.

FFS! I am not saying wenger is bad! Watch his interviews, always talking about the players mental strength.

Not blaming paddy. But he sets the team up to play defensive then bemoans the fact they don't look like winners on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He's as far away from Wenger as its possible to be. Arsenal always try and play football, when was the last time you could say that about us?
    They also try to avoid winning anything. Hibs (and Fenlon I suspect) have won more than Wenger iin the last 11-12 years.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    They also try to avoid winning anything. Hibs (and Fenlon I suspect) have won more than Wenger iin the last 11-12 years.
    Hibs have won a league cup.

Arsenal have won 3 FA cups and 2 EPL titles (including one where they went unbeaten for the whole season).

One is more than five only in yamathematics.

Ltyf

Would be true to say that Hibs have won more than Arsenal in the last 7 years, but that would be to go down the Stevie "Fail" Fail route.
    Last edited by lapsedhibee; 08-04-2013 at 06:53 AM.

[QUOTE=jgl07;3558208]They also try to avoid winning anything. Hibs (and Fenlon I suspect) have won more than Wenger iin the last 11-12
    years.[/QUOTE

2 Premier league titles and 2 FA Cups in the last 12 years for the Gunners.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    So we're now slating the manager based on sportscene highlights . I thought they didnae like us at the bbc

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    So we're now slating the manager based on sportscene highlights . I thought they didnae like us at the bbc
    They don't but there is no hiding form the fact that the manager is not performing and neither are his players. And they are his players now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    They don't but there is no hiding form the fact that the manager is not performing and neither are his players. And they are his players now.
    Yes they are his players and they are under performing but you can't make a proper judgment on match from 5 minutes of highlights

Yes they are his players and they are under performing but you can't make a proper judgment on match from 5 minutes of highlights
    I'm no expert, but i'm guessing he based his opinion on the last 20 games, not just 5 minutes on sportscene?

Left by mutual consent!
    See post from Blackpool Hibs above.

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Game was even worse :(. I know it was Celtic but was a shocking display for a must win game. Just hope it was some sort of masterplan in the off chance we play them in the final. Also, I thought that they didn't show the managers interviews on sportscene.

Against Kilmarnock.

I'm no expert, but i'm guessing he based his opinion on the last 20 games, not just 5 minutes on sportscene?
    I was responding to the op who had just watched sportscene and started a thread called sportscene, so I was assuming on this occasion he was basing his criticism on the 5 minutes he had just watched on sportscene

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    "I don't think we showed up," lamented Fenlon. "I think we accepted we were going to be in the bottom six and we didn't give it a go.

"That's not good enough. That's what's been wrong at this football club, there's been acceptance of losing football matches. That can't continue.

"The season has been a bit of a failure. We wanted to be in the top six. We started off really well but we haven't shown enough hunger and desire in the last five or six weeks to maintain that.

"I feel you're judged on winning league games and we haven't won enough over the last six or seven weeks.

"We've got to have more commitment, more desire to stop goals going in, stop crosses coming into the box, stop people being able to turn too easily in the box and we didn't have that."

Hibs bid to reach their second straight Scottish Cup final, having lost last season's 5-1 against Edinburgh rivals Hearts.

"We've got a semi-final to look forward to, which is great," added Fenlon.

"It's a massive game, Falkirk are a decent side. I've watched them three or four times.

"We owe our supporters after last year's disaster in the cup final. We owe them another day to get back there and say 'can we put that right?'"

So why was that allowed to happen on your watch, Pat?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    "I don't think we showed up," lamented Fenlon. "I think we accepted we were going to be in the bottom six and we didn't give it a go.

"That's not good enough. That's what's been wrong at this football club, there's been acceptance of losing football matches. That can't continue.

"The season has been a bit of a failure. We wanted to be in the top six. We started off really well but we haven't shown enough hunger and desire in the last five or six weeks to maintain that.

"I feel you're judged on winning league games and we haven't won enough over the last six or seven weeks.

"We've got to have more commitment, more desire to stop goals going in, stop crosses coming into the box, stop people being able to turn too easily in the box and we didn't have that."

Hibs bid to reach their second straight Scottish Cup final, having lost last season's 5-1 against Edinburgh rivals Hearts.

"We've got a semi-final to look forward to, which is great," added Fenlon.

"It's a massive game, Falkirk are a decent side. I've watched them three or four times.

"We owe our supporters after last year's disaster in the cup final. We owe them another day to get back there and say 'can we put that right?'"

So why was that allowed to happen on your watch, Pat?

And sadly no mention of his team's inability to put the opposition under any pressure at all. That aspect of the game doesn't seem to doesn't seem to figure very highly in his thoughts.

Just watched the highlights( lowlights in reality ) on web, atrocious defending( no pace or positioning, what do they do in training ), zero midfield, even the commentator said Hibs didn't look like a team who needed to win to get top 6. It really looks like Fenlon set the team up to sneak a win like they did at ER and it backfired dramatically, ultra negativity is not what we ant at Hibs, we have gone from a half decent looking team to a team that looks like they're in a relegation fight. For some reason we tend to get managers who start off reasonably well, then are able to turn our team into the worst in the league by the end of the season, truly remarkable

The disconnect that seems to be appearing between what Fenlon's said he's asked them to do and how the players actually perform worries me. I don't know if the players are wilfully ignoring him, incapable of carrying out the instructions or do what is asked and are then blamed anyway. None of those options are particularly encouraging imo.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    The 5/6 minutes highlights were kind to Hibs

I was responding to the op who had just watched sportscene and started a thread called sportscene, so I was assuming on this occasion he was basing his criticism on the 5 minutes he had just watched on sportscene
    That was obviously the most recent game and having just watched the highlights it wouldnt have made sense to discuss another game, clearly my points are an overview and not based solely on the highlights.

I dont get the opportunity to go to many away games outwith PBS but I do attend every home game, my opinion is very much based on an overview of performance of late and not just the Celtic game, we are dreadful at present and my points still stand, he doesnt appear to be able to motivate or is tactically aware to get things back on track, not confident for Saturday.

I'll take the bait.Is the tactically unaware Wenger that you mention any relation to the Arsenal manager who has built 3 different teams in 15 years while getting them into the Champions League every season?

I'll take the bait.Is the tactically unaware Wenger that you mention any relation to the Arsenal manager who has built 3 different teams in 15 years while getting them into the Champions League every season?

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post

And winning sod all for the past 8 or so years into the bargain, yep keep building losing teams.