hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Facts

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic

The Facts

Right I'm sick off people jumping the gun every time we get beat! So here are the facts this season
    1. We are still in the cup and are going to Hampden
    2. We are undefeated against hearts this season
    3. Had it not been for some awful refereeing decisions we would have made the top six (pen against utd and goal against hearts would have given us 4 points and seen us top 6)
    4. We have signed a good Spl player for next season in Liam Craig and got rid of some dead wood like Doyle (even tho I kinda liked him)
    5. We are not about to go bust!

lot of reasons to still be happy with hibs. Yes we have been poor but we are miles better than we were last season and the year before that! Keep smiling and singing as there is still something for us to play for unlike the rest of the bottom 6

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right I'm sick off people jumping the gun every time we get beat! So here are the facts this season
    3. Had it not been for some awful refereeing decisions we would have made the top six (pen against utd and goal against hearts would have given us 4 points and seen us top 6)
    4. We have signed a good Spl player for next season in Liam Craig and got rid of some dead wood like Doyle (even tho I kinda liked him)

lot of reasons to still be happy with hibs. Yes we have been poor but we are miles better than we were last season and the year before that! Keep smiling and singing as there is still something for us to play for unlike the rest of the bottom 6
    Wel done for seeing some positives but re the highlighted bit - Naw....think about it...

This
    completely agree

Whilst I salute your indefatigability, the words "clutching" and "straws" spring to mind !!!!!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice Of Reason View Post
    Whilst I salute your indefatigability, the words "clutching" and "straws" spring to mind !!!!!
    I'd rather find something to be happy about than doom and gloom and calling for every player to be dropped and the managers head. We have something still to play for let's keep our heads up and enjoy a trip to Hampden! :pfgwa

I'd rather find something to be happy about than doom and gloom and calling for every player to be dropped and the managers head. We have something still to play for let's keep our heads up and enjoy a trip to Hampden! :pfgwa
    Well said :)

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    I'm not denying that today was poor as it was, but I'm not going to call for players to be punted or abuse the men who pull on our shirt and play for the club. We have a semi-final coming up and all people are doing is calling for Fenlon to go and saying we will get beat. How about we get behind the team and not abuse the management and the players.

Would you be so "happy" if you had been at the game today ?

(I wasn't there but have sympathy for the poor blighters who spent good money watching that bunch of gutless, spineless, under-performing goons.)

Nowt wrong with being positive to be fair, but recent results have been dreadful (and the performances have been equally as bad).

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    A team that doesn't create chances nor score goals is always going to struggle and that I'm afraid is a fact, regardless of the quality of the opposition.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar

I think you have been on the pop Billy.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Yip. We're pish but still have lots to play for.

First Team Regular

#

And they will still finish above us..open your eyes ...WE are murder the managers does not have a clue he has no tactical knowledge could not spot Messi as a player...How bad does it need to get before the peole on here see that we are in a crisis at ER.

"KEEP THE FAITH"

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein View Post
    This
    completely agree
    Well you're clearly not the guy you call yourself then!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Falkirk & their fans must be loving this.

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    Falkirk & their fans must be loving this.
    Exactly.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    sorry in my eyes not finishing in the top 3 was a failure this year, nevermind not getting in the top 6

I don't buy the team in transition stuff, its overly simplistic but when you have the 3rd biggest budget in the league there is absolutely no excuse

we still have the cup and im confident we will beat Falkirk but the league season is a complete and utter failure in my eyes

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    sorry in my eyes not finishing in the top 3 was a failure this year, nevermind not getting in the top 6

I don't buy the team in transition stuff, its overly simplistic but when you have the 3rd biggest budget in the league there is absolutely no excuse

we still have the cup and im confident we will beat Falkirk but the league season is a complete and utter failure in my eyes

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Love the Green View Post

Keep the faith, though ...

We were 9th when Fenlon took over (not 11th as many people seem to think) and we are 9th now. The way we are playing (3 wins in 20 league games) suggests we are more lilely to drop further down the table. Fenlon has been allowed to sign a barrowload of players, many of them completely pointless. He's had a good budget compared to almost every other team. Most other SPL managers have done better on less.

I'm not going to start criticising everyone at the club, but I will criticise two - Fenlon, and whoever appointed him and the other dud managers that came before him. If we had been as good at appointing managers as teams like Motherwell, we'd have had a great time the last few years.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

MUST be having a laugh. I think one league win in 2013 might have had something to do with it or does the ref lose us every game?

Gamer IDs

and do you know for a fact we have the 3rd biggest budget? I'm sure even now hearts, Aberdeen and maybe even Utd have a higher wage bill than us. That however is not the point. Can I ask all the doom and gloomers to stay away from Hampden as I intend to enjoy myself sing and even have a wee drink b4 hand and I don't want to hear people giving players stick b4 they even kick a ball that day. The fact that we have people on here saying we will be beaten b4 we even kick a ball is ridicules! Keep the faith

First Team Breakthrough

6. We're still *****.

Left by mutual consent!
    and do you know for a fact we have the 3rd biggest budget? I'm sure even now hearts, Aberdeen and maybe even Utd have a higher wage bill than us. That however is not the point. Can I ask all the doom and gloomers to stay away from Hampden as I intend to enjoy myself sing and even have a wee drink b4 hand and I don't want to hear people giving players stick b4 they even kick a ball that day. The fact that we have people on here saying we will be beaten b4 we even kick a ball is ridicules! Keep the faith

First Team Regular
    STOP IT
    They will never have a larger budget than us...and as fo the dogs how can they have a bigger budget when they cant pay their players.
    Are you talking about the 85th minute.

"keep the faith"

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibbill2002 View Post
    6. We're still *****.
    Your right. Lets give up. Sell all our hibs stuff and become man utd fans as they win most weeks

The 3rd biggest budget is a rod, pardon the pun, the board made for their own back.

They openly stated we would have a higher budget than anyone outwith the old firm and Hearts.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I'm sure the Tash himself has mentioned that outwith the Old Firm and Hearts that we have a competitive budget compared to all other clubs in the SPL

Going by season ticket sales, attendances etc I'm more than confident we have the 3rd biggest budget in the league currently

As for doom and gloomer, anyone on here who knows me will tell you I'm the eternal optomist and always think Hibs can win any game(even V Barca I thought they might have an off day)

I have never shouted abuse or got on a Hibs players back at a game and the team gets nothing but support from me.

however that doesn't mean people cannot air genuine greviences or worries on a message board, that's what they are for, neither does expecting more from your club

At my work I am set targets and performance related scores that I must hit, if I didn't I would quite rightly be brought to task, at what point would you begin to be concerned with the way things are going?

I don't claim to have any of the answers but then again I'm not paid a shed load of cash to either, I'm just a punter who spends my money wanting to at least be a wee bit entertained and leaving knowing every player has given their all

Gamer IDs

I'm sure the Tash himself has mentioned that outwith the Old Firm and Hearts that we have a competitive budget compared to all other clubs in the SPL

Going by season ticket sales, attendances etc I'm more than confident we have the 3rd biggest budget in the league currently

As for doom and gloomer, anyone on here who knows me will tell you I'm the eternal optomist and always think Hibs can win any game(even V Barca I thought they might have an off day)

I have never shouted abuse or got on a Hibs players back at a game and the team gets nothing but support from me.

however that doesn't mean people cannot air genuine greviences or worries on a message board, that's what they are for, neither does expecting more from your club

At my work I am set targets and performance related scores that I must hit, if I didn't I would quite rightly be brought to task, at what point would you begin to be concerned with the way things are going?

I don't claim to have any of the answers but then again I'm not paid a shed load of cash to either, I'm just a punter who spends my money wanting to at least be a wee bit entertained and leaving knowing every player has given their all
    i totally get where you're coming from and agree but we have to stop all this as Falkirk will be loving it We must try and stay positive. I haven't been to many games this season as I work weekend in Aberdeen so that's prob why I'm not in a rage like most but all I'm trying to say as keep positive. Can you imagine what we will be like if we win the bloody cup lol

Left by mutual consent!

At my work I am set targets and performance related scores that I must hit
    , if I didn't I would quite rightly be brought to task, at what point would you begin to be concerned with the way things are going?

Must hit ... or what?

What were Fenlon's targets?
    What time-frames was he given
    Which ones did he not achieve?
    What is his review period?
    What is the penalty for failing to meet any targets (the sack? I assume that's what you are hinting at. Do you get the sack if you miss any of your targets?)

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    MUST be having a laugh. I think one league win in 2013 might have had something to do with it or does the ref lose us every game?
    Results and performances in last few months have been disappointing but major refereeing decisions did cost us points in big matches before split while we beat Celtic in the last game of 2012 and have beaten 2 SPL teams in cup in period you mention so not all has been gloom .