hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member hibeesjoe's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: catcabbage

Fenlon (Merged post Celtic threads)

If Fenlon doesn't win the cup this season will he have a job after the summer? No improvement since that drubbing last may, bottom 6 and the worst hearts team in years are only 3 points behind us. Terrible

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Personally, I'm hoping he wins is the cup then resigns "in a blaze of glory" - the cup run has papered over the gaping cracks as far as some are concerned...

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Still think he needs the first 3 months of the new season. With Liam Craig coming in, it will be interesting to see who else comes in.

Would give him next season unless the beginning of the season is Calderwood-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would give him next season unless the beginning of the season is Calderwood-esque.

Hopefully he won't be here, clueless clown's had long enough to convince me that he's not got what it takes.

Dreadful standard of football and tactically inept, he's grossly underachieved in a very poor SPL.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

For me it's a no, we've seen the rot kick in again and he looks clueless as to how to end it, negative tactics and in a season with a poor Hearts team and without Gers, we'll be lucky to not finish 10/11th.

get someone in as soon as the season ends
    so any new manager can get a full pre season and transfew window

Gamer IDs

I really hope he can turn it around. Massive summer for Fenlon though if he is still here. Getting too at least the final and a few post split wins would be a start.

Should be given till January at least for me to show why he should be the manager of this football club. If there is genuinely nothing to show from hopefully some good business in the summer and half of next season then don't think he should still be in charge.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    Personally, I'm hoping he wins is the cup then resigns "in a blaze of glory" - the cup run has papered over the gaping cracks as far as some are concerned...

This is the mentality. Pat picks the wrong team week in week out. He lost to QofS in the league cup, FFS!

I don't trust him to raise the confidence level for the cup game! If we lose the Falkirk game - Fenlon out.

We need someone to pick the right players, picking deegan is shocking. The players need the hair dryer treatment after a poor performance.

Last 2 games were must win and he set up the team for damage limitation.
    Im sorry but I think his time is up !

Blog Entries
    while i would rather be in top 6 - maybe it will give the opportunity to plan for next season / blood more youngsters like Harris?

The down side is a loss of income from central revenues and bigger gates (Us ST holders getting only 1 of the original potential 4 free tickets for home cat A games) to help the ongoing rebuilding. If we were to suffer a loss next week we will see gates plummet to 6/7 k

Ironically next weeks game is probably more important than last years semi as expectation has been lifted only to get a large smack in the knackers

First Team Breakthrough famous_fife_hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeesjoe View Post
    If Fenlon doesn't win the cup this season will he have a job after the summer? No improvement since that drubbing last may, bottom 6 and the worst hearts team in years are only 3 points behind us. Terrible
    Why blame the manager? The problems go far higher than that. Other clubs, paying the same kind of wages can still attract better players. We are supposed to have the best facilities in the country, but we still can't attract players. There must be a reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by famous_fife_hibby View Post
    Why blame the manager? The problems go far higher than that. Other clubs, paying the same kind of wages can still attract better players. We are supposed to have the best facilities in the country, but we still can't attract players. There must be a reason for that.
    What players can't we attract that others can? I don't think it's attracting players that is the problem, it's attracting the right players. That's the manager's job.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    its obvious we have been picking the wrong managers in the last 5 - 6 years. However it s also obvious we have sacked some too quickly.

Fenlon has been given time, and I think he will get more time. He has IMO until Christmas this year to show why he should be boss.

what I would love to know is what happens to payers at hibs? I mean why do we have so many players who at first seem to be good signings then they turn terrible

mcpake, has been pretty poor for months. used to be a rock and fire the team up. now he seems uninterested.

Deggan - great start to the season, the hardman in the middle we had cried for for years. now nothing...

mcgivern - looked a great player in his first few games, now he blows hot and cold.....mostly cold.

doyle - him and leigh were clicking at the start, now he struggles to get a game.

the worst thing about it all is why the players cant do the basics, passing, crossing, throw ins. shooting.

Hibs need a proper clear out, and I mean proper in the summer. Fenlon has A LOT of work to do.

First Team Breakthrough
    We're never going to win every game but you can take the defeats when you try to win games rather than no lose and show some fight. There have been some games (St Johnstone, Motherwell, Celtic today, Dundee, SC Final) where we just show no fight and accept defeat.

For us to prosper we need to look to bring through our youth players to sell them on, we need to play watchable football to bring the crowds in and we need to be very clever with the transfer market. I've not seen signs that Fenlon will deliver any of this.

I know it takes time to build a good team but I've not seen very much at all that suggests Pat is the man to take us where we want to be.

My biggest concern would be given recent managerial appointments what makes anyone think the next manager could be any more successful than Fenlon.

Quote Originally Posted by famous_fife_hibby View Post
    I agree with this . Fenlon inherited a poor squad and I don`t think it`s much better now if at all . Fenlon must take some of the blame for signings but has he had enough backing financially to make good signings ? Many will say" but Motherwell etc with less money...." but I`d imagine we have to pay players more as it costs more to live in Edinburgh than towns outside Edinburgh or Glasgow . Is scouting network strong enough ? Are others in club doing enough to encourage players to join us ? Before Christmas we got good results until we got a few injuries ( Deegan , Clancy , McPake ..have all struggled since injuries too ) which was hardly surprising given lack of choices on bench - so weak squad in terms of quality and quantity .

Got to be given at least one more season, canny keep going through managers.

Left by mutual consent!

Fenlon Must Go

Coming back from Parkhead watching other gutless spinless performance.

Must win game. Hardly a shot on goal. 10 men behind ball.

And then listening to his usual pish on the radio.

Hats of to the 3 or 400 fans for going. Can't believe there wasn't more of these punters there that think fenlon doing a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Got to be given at least one more season, canny keep going through managers.
    It's not exactly a ringing endorsement, is it?

"Keep Fenlon because he's the latest in a line of mince managers"

What worries me is if we start next season like we are ending this we could be well adrift after the 1st round of games. What then? Another manager brought in in poor circumstances.

We change manager too often but Fenlon is the wrong man and sticking with him for the sake of continuity is stupid. Make a decision in the summer and personally I now hope he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Weir7 View Post
    Coming back from Parkhead watching other gutless spinless performance.

Must win game. Hardly a shot on goal. 10 men behind ball.

And then listening to his usual pish on the radio.

Hats of to the 3 or 400 fans for going. Can't believe there wasn't more of these punters there that think fenlon doing a good job.
    Aye sack our manager a week before our biggest game of the season.

Gamer IDs

I seen Kuqi was strolling around ocean terminal earlier so there's one wage that has been absolutely wasted

Hes had a season and a half now and really no improvement . Faces another rebuild in the summer and if we loose next week I think enough is enough. I can take getting beat if we are having a go at teams but he is far too negative and hasnt changed tactics from 451 after it worked once against Celtic When we loose Sparky ,Claros , Mcgivern etc for next season I can see us struggling at the start and I think hell get the bums rush anyway

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    I'm so sick of this knee jurk reaction from our fans. When ever we lose its a sack the manager talks. All these managers can't all be bad. There is something more to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    It's not exactly a ringing endorsement, is it?

"Keep Fenlon because he's the latest in a line of mince managers"
    Another season to prove he is not mince then.

I think our next big wage packet should be blown on a decent manager. A manager with a bit of anger, aggression, one that suffers no fool. Our managers have been far to fluffy and nice these last few decades, we need a hardman that'll accept no crap. A highly respected, almost feared character. A cup thrower. Far too many slackers in our squad, they don't give a toss.

First Team Breakthrough TomoHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tamsen94
    We lose to Falkirk next week he can just **** off. I hink we have giving him enough chances to turn our team around

Quote Originally Posted by hibeesjoe View Post
    I seen Kuqi was strolling around ocean terminal earlier so there's one wage that has been absolutely wasted
    No - that was him running !!!!