hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Me and Super leigh

Had a nice wee blether wi LG last night in the cream cookies (he likes a wee bet like the rest ay us :-) ) Asked what was happening for next season. He says not too sure the situation with Wolves but has been asked to stay by Pat and more importantly he is more than happy to stay if asked. He said "the gaffer knows what I can do". Fingers crossed eh !

2. Log in to remove the advert

Let's just hope Wolves make a big mistake and let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGavBragh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's just hope Wolves make a big mistake and let him go.
    Wouldn't be a mistake. He is absolutely garbage

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    Wouldn't be a mistake. He is absolutely garbage
    Yip, the guys pish. Hope wolves are reading this to make their descision. I would release him if I were them. total waste of space

No room at Hibs for racist thiefs.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Yip, the guys pish. Hope wolves are reading this to make their descision. I would release him if I were them. total waste of space
    Aye, yet to see him score a towering header. Wolves should cut their losses.

P.S. I am on the mobile how do I make that wink!

'Me and Super Leigh'......what were you all thinking?!

Aye great, gets sent home from East Mains for not being well, when there are 40 kids who have won an afternoon's training with Griffiths and McPake, yet he can manage to hang about in a bookies, aye the young fan's don't matter, loads of broken hearted young fans who are our future supporter.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Aye great, gets sent home from East Mains for not being well, when there are 40 kids who have won an afternoon's training with Griffiths and McPake, yet he can manage to hang about in a bookies, aye the young fan's don't matter, loads of broken hearted young fans who are our future supporter.
    oh dear. Unfortunately, great footballer does not necessarily maketh great pr merchant.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    To be fair, he has one of those every night when he gets home.

Clancy was class, top fella. Didnt think LG looked right v ict, give him a break.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Fish View Post
    Clancy was class, top fella. Didnt think LG looked right v ict, give him a break.
    Nowt wrong with players having a wee gamble, they are entitled to do so.
    However, if he has gone away sick from training or supposed to have been training with the kids, then hit bookies, that's a poor show. It would not be that long ago that Leigh would have probably have been one of those kids himself so maybe he need to have a wee think about responsibilities and who he is letting down, if this has happened.

No wonder Wolves don't want to sign him for next season

So because he has been sent home from work ill, which involves plenty of fitness work and running, he isn't allowed to leave his house?

He can be ill enough not to take part in training but not ill enough to be bed bound for the rest of the day surely?

Or would you rather he passed whatever illness he had on to the kids while being a grumpy lad and ruining there day because he isn't feeling 100%?

I doubt he would have accepted the invitation to train them in the first place if he didn't want to.

Oh and I'm sure young supporters would still have a great day with McPake and Clancy as well as having the chance to meet Leigh in the clubstore tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Fish View Post
    Not doubting that Clancy was class,but there was a lot of kids moaning that LG was not in attendance, most accepted the fact that he was sent home ill, but for him then to be out at the bookies beggars belief, kids would be really disappointed if they knew the truth.

I'm guessing you were there by your comment's and was the kid you had with you not unhappy because LG was absent?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    So because he has been sent home from work ill, which involves plenty of fitness work and running, he isn't allowed to leave his house?

He can be ill enough not to take part in training but not ill enough to be bed bound for the rest of the day surely?

Or would you rather he passed whatever illness he had on to the kids while being a grumpy lad and ruining there day because he isn't feeling 100%?

I doubt he would have accepted the invitation to train them in the first place if he didn't want to.

Oh and I'm sure young supporters would still have a great day with McPake and Clancy as well as having the chance to meet Leigh in the clubstore tomorrow.
    Going by comments passed he did just that

to be fair he has about 40 kids of his own at home so you cant blame him for not wanting to be a childminder for the afternoon..

wonder what my boss woud say if i was spotted in a bookies if unfit for work.
    bad show by LG if true

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Sent home for hanging baws more like.

Tbh. Can feel pretty crap but still do things. He nor hibs would probably have wanted a bug around the training centre especially with kids there.

So many perfect people on this board. And btw yes I appreciate this is more about the kids but what would you have said if you kids caught a bug because of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    Tbh. Can feel pretty crap but still do things. He nor hibs would probably have wanted a bug around the training centre especially with kids there.

So many perfect people on this board. And btw yes I appreciate this is more about the kids but what would you have said if you kids caught a bug because of the day?
    what would your maw huv said if you caught a bug whilst at the bookies ?

Give the guy a break. There are some right sad folk on here.

Maybe he had a bit of a cold or something and was sent home to avoid passing it around the squad?

No one knows for certain he asked to be sent home. Sending a player away who has a minor, but possibly contagious illness, seems sensible to me.

Not doubting that Clancy was class,but there was a lot of kids moaning that LG was not in attendance, most accepted the fact that he was sent home ill, but for him then to be out at the bookies beggars belief, kids would be really disappointed if they knew the truth.

I'm guessing you were there by your comment's and was the kid you had with you not unhappy because LG was absent?
    Aye was there mate. My laddie was just delighted to have the opportunity. Clancy is his new favourite player.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Some perfect folk on here who have never skived a day off work eh

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHO DAT! View Post
    No room at Hibs for racist thiefs.

And he obviously has some kind of gambling problem too, if i were a Wolves fan i wouldn't want.

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    wonder what my boss woud say if i was spotted in a bookies if unfit for work.
    bad show by LG if true
    It was 8pm at night !!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gillythehibby View Post
    It was 8pm at night !!

Vindicated.

Given what has happened to Sandaza it's clear that Wolves should immediately terminate Griffiths' contract for talking to a stranger about joining another club.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by gillythehibby View Post
    It was 8pm at night !!
    Should be hung out to dry. No way should he be out after 7. Tucked up in bed so he should be by 6:45pm.