hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

East Mains and Ground completed.

We were told this was the final piece of the jigsaw, we'd now concentrate on the team. The training ground would hone the players better, the benefits would be seen on the pitch and the new stands would fill up nicely.

All we needed was a little patience we were told, what a crock of sheite that was. I have no arguments about us building both the stand or the training ground, but if this is us concentrating on the product we are putting on the park, we will have to be a lot more patient, while the likes of Ross County Motherwell and Inverness who i don't think have done either fly past us up the league.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Welcome to my world Gary! LOL

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I don't think we've sold anyone of note since the stand was completed, when we do the funds will be given to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we've sold anyone of note since the stand was completed, when we do the funds will be given to the team.
    Unfortunately we don't have anyone of note to sell.

We're stuck in a vicious circle.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We were told this was the final piece of the jigsaw, we'd now concentrate on the team. The training ground would hone the players better, the benefits would be seen on the pitch and the new stands would fill up nicely.

All we needed was a little patience we were told, what a crock of sheite that was. I have no arguments about us building both the stand or the training ground, but if this is us concentrating on the product we are putting on the park, we will have to be a lot more patient, while the likes of Ross County Motherwell and Inverness who i don't think have done either fly past us up the league.
    I think this has been happening, just we've been dribbling money down the urinal by paying overinflated salaries to ordinary players.

I was always under the impression we did not do that?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Does any one know how much it costs for the running of East Mains per year, and where does that money come from to keep it up and running.

There has been comparably good money spent on the team, at least 2 managers have commented we have outbid them on players.

The big problem is a lot of the money has been *****ed on the wrong players by the wrong managers.

I think the transfer market has died for the type of players we produced - even if we had produced another.

The great continually dipping recession hasn't helped either.

Add the two together and I suppose we're even lucky to be where we are now.

We keep seeing and saying how well fixed we are outside the OF but with fewer overheads the others are still keeping afloat instead of sinking deeper in the pooh.

If there ever is a recovery then our time could come :-D
    Space to let

Or be used to pay down the remaining club debt.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Does any one know how much it costs for the running of East Mains per year, and where does that money come from to keep it up and running.
    It was £500k a year a few years ago but I suspect that's been reduced along with a lot of the other costs. Even then, can't see it being much below £350k a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    It was £500k a year a few years ago but I suspect that's been reduced along with a lot of the other costs. Even then, can't see it being much below £350k a year.
    Any idea how that compares to what we were shelling out previously to rent other parks to train on?

I'd imagine favourably.

First Team Breakthrough Kenny1875's Avatar
    blackpoolhibs has flipped. I think he's having a nervous breakdown.

To be fair, it was pretty obvious at the time that the folk spouting this were talking pish. It's up there with the 'he just needs 3/5 years to build a team' argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny HFC View Post
    blackpoolhibs has flipped. I think he's having a nervous breakdown.
    I have flipped, all because of our flops.

IMO if anyone thought this would be a quick fix IMO they are wide of the mark.

Something like this wont happen overnight and I expect to see a notable difference in 5, 7, even 10 years for this club. As a business there will be a strategy short term and long term and I believe this falls into the latter. I believe this is a case of gradually increasing the money avalible for players wages and transfers over a period of years, and to see a tangable difference will take time.

Its not a case of now the stands up and EM is in place we should see an immediate upturn in fortunes IMO.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

I'm not really sure who your having a go at with that post. Do you think we should be spending more than we're bringing in or do you think that we're spending what we've got badly. We have wasted far to much money recently in paying off managers and player's and that has meant that the current manager's budget must have been lower than the previous manager. We've still got the cup this year (and some people would rather we got relegated and win the cup) and next year we won't have the massive squad rebuild to do

Left by mutual consent!
    Heard it was 500k a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

Cheers M, and where does this money come from.

Quote Originally Posted by connerg View Post
    half of that is just for new balls as they keep hoofing them out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I'm not really sure who your having a go at with that post. Do you think we should be spending more than we're bringing in or do you think that we're spending what we've got badly. We have wasted far to much money recently in paying off managers and player's and that has meant that the current manager's budget must have been lower than the previous manager. We've still got the cup this year (and some people would rather we got relegated and win the cup) and next year we won't have the massive squad rebuild to do
    I'm not really having a go at anyone, well maybe Petrie or whoever it is now who appoints the managers. We have spent good money on managers who have consistently brought in duds, thats a waste of money. I know we have the cup this season, and that could be the saving grace money wise for next season.

Should we reach the final, there will probably be the same deal they had last season, with anyone purchasing a new season ticket will be guaranteed a ticket for the final.

As i disagree with you on your last point, the team does need rebuilt again next season, we have McGivern, Claros, and Griffiths on loan with Thomson only playing for free til the end of the season. Some would say thats our 4 best players, we also have Deegan out of contract and a few others.

We will need every penny imo from a cup final appearance to build a team for next season.

Left by mutual consent!

The stadium and training ground was being done in better economic times and when there was more money in the Scottish game.

The bottom line is that Scottish football is no longer viable and a National league is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    The stadium and training ground was being done in better economic times and when there was more money in the Scottish game.

The bottom line is that Scottish football is no longer viable and a National league is the future.
    Thats not happening anytime soon, so for the moment we have to ask why clubs who don't have many fans, have not laid down superb foundations are streaking away from us on the park?

Cheers M, and where does this money come from.
    It's just one of the running costs presumably. Like the gas, electric, phone, etc.

As i disagree with you on your last point, the team does need rebuilt again next season, we have McGivern, Claros, and Griffiths on loan with Thomson only playing for free til the end of the season. Some would say thats our 4 best players, we also have Deegan out of contract and a few others.

We will need every penny imo from a cup final appearance to build a team for next season.

In many ways that's the most disturbing aspect of where we currently find ourselves.

Thats not happening anytime soon, so for the moment we have to ask why clubs who don't have many fans, have not laid down superb foundations are streaking away from us on the park?
    Basically, this is the crux of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by connerg View Post

They have better managers. Ones who are tactically flexible and can adapt to a game as it happens.

Probably.

At any one time Hibs have 8 age groups with between 14 and 20 laddies in training per group. That's 150 aspiring young footballers all playing football in a style coached by the Academy coaches. A style that delivered a cup and league double 19 squad.

When they get to 18, they hit the hoofball wall of Hibs managers piling men behind the ball in a failed bid to avoid the sack. The chances of any of them getting a decent run in the first team are negligible.

The idea behind the Training Centre was to allow managers like John Collins a chance to develop his stars of the future. This approach needs resurrected by the Board to turn Mowbray's vision of a home grown, performance focused football operation at Hibernian Football Club into a reality. If managers don't make it happen - they don't belong at our club.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I'm not really having a go at anyone, well maybe Petrie or whoever it is now who appoints the managers. We have spent good money on managers who have consistently brought in duds, thats a waste of money. I know we have the cup this season, and that could be the saving grace money wise for next season.

Should we reach the final, there will probably be the same deal they had last season, with anyone purchasing a new season ticket will be guaranteed a ticket for the final.

Next season we will have the nucleus of a decent team. We have got a good goalkeeper, Stevenson will take the place of mcgivern to leave us with a solid defence, in midfield we will have cairney robertson harris and craig. So assuming everyone who is on loan or out of contract leaves then we will need strikers and a couple of midfielders. I'm not saying everything is rosy but its a better base to start with than we've had for a couple of years. The big question is whether the manager's up to the task, personally I think he will be