hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Work in progress

We have had a few poor results last couple of weeks, cant deny that but there is plenty positives to take from those games. At times we play some nice football that we all want to see, but other times its like last season. Pat has certainly improved the side, the team is still progressing, players like Harris & Handling have been introduced at the right times and not being chucked in the deep end too much. They will be big players for us next season + more additions to the squad. Ourselves and Celtic are the only side in a good financial position, where as other sides will lose players in the summer due to dire finances. We will be up there next season, nailed on for Top 6. After that we will be even stronger IMO. People need to remember in our situation, its not 5F sprint in the team going forward, its a Grand National. Will take a season or 2.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Where are the funds coming from to replace all the loanees, a Hibs team minus Griffiths is a very scary proposition. Take Claros and McGivern out the squad and then its yet another rebuilding process on the horizon, not looking very promising and certainly not nailed on for a top 6 finish. One home league win since the middle of Nov isnae exactly top 6 form either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pray4Marc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have had a few poor results last couple of weeks, cant deny that but there is plenty positives to take from those games. At times we play some nice football that we all want to see, but other times its like last season. Pat has certainly improved the side, the team is still progressing, players like Harris & Handling have been introduced at the right times and not being chucked in the deep end too much. They will be big players for us next season + more additions to the squad. Ourselves and Celtic are the only side in a good financial position, where as other sides will lose players in the summer due to dire finances. We will be up there next season, nailed on for Top 6. After that we will be even stronger IMO. People need to remember in our situation, its not 5F sprint in the team going forward, its a Grand National. Will take a season or 2.
    Thanks Pollyanna.

I thought from the thread title that this was a piss take, but no, it appears to be a serious OP.

If "we are still a work in progress" is to be an acceptable excuse, and if Hibs fans are meant to be happy that this is the case then something has gone very far wrong at both the training ground, boardroom and in our mentality as a support.

Bottom 6 must never, ever be excused. Except last season when the "CC effect" was nearly terminal.

There has been absolutely no progress under Fenlon. We were 9th when he took over and I think we will be doing well to finish 9th this year.
    Zero progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    There has been absolutely no progress under Fenlon. We were 9th when he took over and I think we will be doing well to finish 9th this year.
    Zero progress.
    ???? I am totally bemused by this post. Tell you what lets just get Calderclown back... Will that make you happy??
    Last edited by Aldo; 31-03-2013 at 12:32 PM.

We were making steady progress until the game at Dens in November and have been heading back to square one since then.

7th would be progress, however not enough for me. 7 months of next season will be judgement time imo.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Where are the funds coming from to replace all the loanees, a Hibs team minus Griffiths is a very scary proposition. Take Claros and McGivern out the squad and then its yet another rebuilding process on the horizon, not looking very promising and certainly not nailed on for a top 6 finish. One home league win since the middle of Nov isnae exactly top 6 form either.

AND the football is kite 99% of the time .

First Team Breakthrough
    I remember at the start of the season most people were saying they'd be happy with 7th or even 8th. Looks like that's what we're on course for that. The team is not amazing but it is much better than last season and Pat is learning. Pat is probably never going to be our most glorious manager ever but he's taking us forward and steadying the team and the club. When we had Calderwood people were saying that they were dying for a manager like Pat. Well now we've got him. Yeah it's mediocre but it's miles away from last season and it's still improving. Sometimes I think some people secretly enjoy the 'rollercoaster' of a terrible manager like Calderwood. We need to stick with Pat until his job is done here.

First Team Breakthrough
    As for 'there has been no improvement' - Do you actually remember how unbelievably ***** Calderwood was? He was terrible. O'Hanlon in defence. Jesus wept. Oh my god Calderwood was so bad. If you can't see the improvement then you need a guide dog.

Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibernian View Post
    As for 'there has been no improvement' - Do you actually remember how unbelievably ***** Calderwood was? He was terrible. O'Hanlon in defence. Jesus wept. Oh my god Calderwood was so bad. If you can't see the improvement then you need a guide dog.

I think this is the problem. Calderwood was that bad that we are more than happy to put up with just about anything or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    ???? I am totally bemused by this post. Tell you what lets just get Calderclown back... Will that make you happy??
    From where in my post do you get that I want Calderwood back?
    The team is in freefall and you are defending the manager? What is your defence. I've explained that I see no progress since Calderwood who was garbage. We are still garbage.
    And don't say look what he was left with. Not a single player in yesterday's starting line up was not signed or re signed by Pat. And we are still crap.

Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibernian View Post
    Yeah it's mediocre but it's miles away from last season and it's still improving.
    Is this what following Hibs has come down to these days? In a league devoid of Rangers and a Hearts team reduced to a shadow of their previously overspending selves Hibs still cannae make it into the top 6 in the worst SPL ever. We've not improved since mid Nov either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

From where in my post do you get that I want Calderwood back?
    The team is in freefall and you are defending the manager? What is your defence. I've explained that I see no progress since Calderwood who was garbage. We are still garbage.
    And don't say look what he was left with. Not a single player in yesterday's starting line up was not signed or re signed by Pat. And we are still crap.
    Yes I am defending the manager as at this current time he is the manager if our team. I have seen enough improvement, yes improvement in the team from the previous manager to see this.

There are quite a few folk in this board that think you can just flick a switch and Heay presto a all signing and dancing football teAm with free flowing football.

I will judge Fenlon after Xmas next season as for me he would of beein charge 2 years (or there or there about).

Massive job to turn a club round in such a short period of time tbh.

Let's face it we've been in free fall since winning the CIS Cup in 2007. We should of kicked on but we didn't.

So basically what your saying is we're as bad as when CC was in charge??

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes I am defending the manager as at this current time he is the manager if our team. I have seen enough improvement, yes improvement in the team from the previous manager to see this.

There are quite a few folk in this board that think you can just flick a switch and Heay presto a all signing and dancing football teAm with free flowing football.

I will judge Fenlon after Xmas next season as for me he would of beein charge 2 years (or there or there about).

Massive job to turn a club round in such a short period of time tbh.

Let's face it we've been in free fall since winning the CIS Cup in 2007. We should of kicked on but we didn't.

So basically what your saying is we're as bad as when CC was in charge??
    Fenlon has ment to have made us better than CC did. Wow what an achievement. That statement sums how why we are in a state.

We are crap and too many fans think that's ok

Quote Originally Posted by Weir7 View Post

Fenlon has ment to have made us better than CC did. Wow what an achievement. That statement sums how why we are in a state.

Folk just expecting too much too soon. Looking at other teams etc etc etc.

Lets face it it doesn't matter who we sign folk on here will think they are crap and not good enough regardless.

O and we are better than CC's team. Folk just looking for excuses.

We have played very well at times this season and most recently Utd away where I thought we actually played as a team.

This .

Because we were utter kite under CC it's OK that we are just crap these days. And here's the thing. IF we are gonna lose, can we lose with a product on the park the doesn't make the eyes bleed.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post

This .

Because we were utter kite under CC it's OK that we are just crap these days. And here's the thing. IF we are gonna lose, can we lose with a product on the park the doesn't make the eyes bleed.
    Tell you what you can have your free flowing non eye bleeding football and get beaten more often than winning every week

Tell you what you can have your free flowing non eye bleeding football and get beaten more often than winning every week

Thanks .

People have to lower their expectations tbh. I dont want us to lose week in week out but to say we've made no improvement since CC is daft.

My opinion mind

We've won 10 and lost 12 this season. And the football makes your eyes bleed.

Left by mutual consent!
    How many games has fenlon won in SPL? Also, how many punters has fenlon attarcted? We all know they game in their droves to watch moggas free flowing footie

Left by mutual consent!
    Folk just expecting too much too soon. Looking at other teams etc etc etc.

Lets face it it doesn't matter who we sign folk on here will think they are crap and not good enough regardless.

O and we are better than CC's team. Folk just looking for excuses.

We have played very well at times this season and most recently Utd away where I thought we actually played as a team.

Too much too soon? We are playing in the spl and not la liga! Not making top 6 is a complete failure of a season league wise and pat has acknowledge himself it is failure to not make top 6.

I hoped that pat would be the man as let's face it we all want hibs to be doing well, but we are in relegation form. Pat has had enough time to turn it round but seems to be out with his ability.

no point keeping a manager in the hope he turns it round. Time for change.

How many games has fenlon won in SPL? Also, how many punters has fenlon attarcted? We all know they game in their droves to watch moggas free flowing footie
    The problems is mate is that we don't have the players of that era and tbh I don't think we will see the club produce so many at the same time for a while.

The most frustrating thing for me is that after the CIS win we should of pushed on but instead we went back.

I want a winning team but I am realistic and I am really hoping we can play like we played against Utd away against Falkirk and hope the players want it too

People have to lower their expectations tbh. I dont want us to lose week in week out but to say we've made no improvement since CC is daft.

My opinion mind
    Why do people have to lower their expectations???? We are football fans FFS and want to see our team entertain, win and give us something to be proud of. I actually take offence when anyone tells me to lower my expectations of where Hibs should be. I expect them to be the very best they can be and will NOT settle for mediocre crap and don't expect any other Hibs fan to settle for it either.
    Last edited by Emerald; 31-03-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    Why do people have to lower their expectations???? We are football fans FFS and want to see our team entertain, win and give us something to be proud of. I actually take offence when anyone tells me to lower my expectations of where Hibs should be. I expect them to be the very best they can be and will NOT settle for mediocre crap and don't expect any other Hibs fan to settle for it either.
    Seems reasonable enough to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post

Spot on. Do I expect to win the league, NO, but the least we should be doing is challenging the likes of ICT, Ross County and St Johnstone. It's a joke that so many of us now think it's acceptable to plod on like this.

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    Too much too soon? We are playing in the spl and not la liga! Not making top 6 is a complete failure of a season league wise and pat has acknowledge himself it is failure to not make top 6.

I hoped that pat would be the man as let's face it we all want hibs to be doing well, but we are in relegation form. Pat has had enough time to turn it round but seems to be out with his ability.

no point keeping a manager in the hope he turns it round. Time for change.
    Who?

First Team Breakthrough
    Every team is always a work in progress. Let's not make excuses for another failed league campaign.