hibs.net Messageboard

Norval Barclay - Back home to Leith

I was just listening to this song and I was wondering does anyone still listen to it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XWL-...e_gdata_player

2. Log in to remove the advert

Given as we got rammed senseless 5-1 by Hearts in the game it was written for (it's not actually - for a song written for a football game - too bad.....), I have to admit I have wiped it clean from my memory.

Its still on my phone but haven't listened to it since that day. Maybe if we make the final this year, it can be made with a different video.

I've listened to it a few times. The memories from last years semi-final were (apart from winning the CIS Cup) the best memories of my football supporting life. I still get goosebumps when I watch Leigh's goal.

It reminds me, not of the final, but our cup run leading up to it and I imagine I'll stick it on again the night before the Falkirk game.

Last year was a nightmare but I've moved on.

Great track and like the above similarly too painful at the moment but think it will be sure to have a green renaissance.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    I've not listened to it either since before that game had a wee listen to it again and it's a great wee song... Will put it on the iPhone and take it to Thailand with me... Have it blasting out while the hibees play the semi since I doubt I'll get the chance to watch it :(

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Better than I could ever manage but if I'm honest this song doesn't do much for me....

Quote Originally Posted by JHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was just listening to this song and I was wondering does anyone still listen to it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XWL-...e_gdata_player
    Bad luck from last year, and pish.

The quality of the song matches the quality of the final itself.

Utter pish.

Didn't think it was too bad tbh. Anyone fancy trying a new one for this year??

Bass, drums & vocals required

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    I liked it. Haven't listened to it since the final though.

I used to work with Norval when we were both "Grocery Boys" (arch rivals of the Butchers department) at the old Willie Lows Store on Broughton Road back in the mid 80's.We used to fight to avoid working saturday afternoons so we could get to ER.

There used to be a really annoying manager their called Mr Little, who thought he was gods gift. Me, Norval and the other "Grocery boy" Scott used to hate it when he was working. The day Scott left the job he picked up the tannoy on his way out and announced to a packed store...

" Mr Little please come to the reception desk, you have a telephone call from the VD clinic"

(That's the STD clinic for you young 'uns) Customers were rolling in the aisles