hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Callum Booth

Callum booth

What happened?

Where is he?

I always though he was a good prospect then just disappeared off the radar?!?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happened?

Where is he?

AFAK he's still on loan at Livi, played on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    What happened?

Where is he?

There seems to be two, diametrically opposed views on this matter.

Either he is a teetotaller with a good attitude who Fenlon simply doesn't like

OR

He has an alcohol and attitude problem which is holding him back.

Both are regularly posted by folk claiming to know.

I'm inclined to believe the former, personally.

nearly forgot that laddie! but, where's Danny?.....................who's second name I have forgot!!

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    nearly forgot that laddie! but, where's Danny?.....................who's second name I have forgot!!
    Either terminally ill

Or

Fenlon doesn't like him

(All the above info has come from hibs.net)

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    As far as I'm concerned he suffered a massive loss of confidence last season and this loan should do him good. When he first broke into the team he was a revelation.

His confidence probably took a pounding last season, a loan spell will probably improve his prospects.
    I like him, a decent attacking left back, something we could do with right now.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    He's on loan at Livingston until the end of the season, playing every week and enjoying himself.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    He's on loan at Livingston until the end of the season, playing every week and enjoying himself.
    Good to hear that Sean.

@hibs.net private member
    When does his Hibs contract end?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    When does his Hibs contract end?
    He signed like a 4 year one when he was playing well

If we can get him back to playing as well as he was when he first broke through into the first team then I would have him back in a minute. Clearly has a talent in there somewhere but like almost every other player we've had over the past couple of years, he massively underperformed and obviously had confidence issues.

I don't think his situation is too different to David Wotherspoon and look at the transformation he's made over the past 6-8 months.

I'm hopeful that, once he returns, Fenlon can help to instil that confidence in him that has been so effective in Wotherspoon.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post

OR

I don't think it's a case of Pat Fenlon disliking him.

I had heard from a number of sources that there were problems in the early part of last season. I was assured by a netter who knows him well that this wasn't so, and I would certainly accept that. He was injured for a while and out of the team then.

Callum's a young player at a sensitive time in his development and I suspect he needed games and a settled environment (as opposed to the boorach Calderwood and Brown were creating at ER) to come on. I was at a meeting at ER early in the season and asked Pat straight how Callum was, and Pat was clear - CB was working hard and getting back to full fitness, so I took it that the lad had been injured and was then on the mend.

Given the length of his contract, I would suppose that a decision on his future will be made at the end of the season. I'm sure Pat's getting reports on his progress from the folks at Almondvale.

I would totally endorse FalkirkHibee's post above.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post

OR

If True he still has time to turn it around, hopefully GOC's recent activity will be an example to the young players coming through, we are in Scotland after all and the culture with young players in the team drinking will continue until the there is a change in Scottish culture, or a zero tolerance from the club.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    If we can get him back to playing as well as he was when he first broke through into the first team then I would have him back in a minute. Clearly has a talent in there somewhere but like almost every other player we've had over the past couple of years, he massively underperformed and obviously had confidence issues.

I don't think his situation is too different to David Wotherspoon and look at the transformation he's made over the past 6-8 months.

I'm hopeful that, once he returns, Fenlon can help to instil that confidence in him that has been so effective in Wotherspoon.
    I concur - a cracking prospect who looked as classy as can be on the ball if a bit naive in his defending at times. His confidence must have taken a proper hammering playing in a team in freefall last season but a spell playing regularly in a tough league like the 1st Div will hopefully be the making of him. I certainly hope so as Scottish football could do with as much skill and flair as it can get and Calum has plenty of that IMO - hopefully the 1st Div will toughen him up a bit - didn't seem to do Crainey any harm.

Hopefully he comes back with confidence high. We have seen with Spoony that confidence can do wonders, so heres hoping the same happens with Booth!

When I clicked on this link my phone told me "Unexpected failure!"
    Hope it's not an omen.
    I like Booth, classy player who maybe needs to learn to tackle. Hope he comes back stronger next season.

@hibs.net private member
    DG was asked to go on loan to Livi but refused to go. He was then offered to terminate his contract and Hibs only offered a small amount of his wage to be paid off. DG is one of the lowest earners at the club FWIW. He refused to go without his full wage being paid. Hibs told him to stay away from the training ground. DG is now seeking legal advice from the players union/SPL.

Prospect of having adecent (ish) defence around him will be great when he comes back!
    A Good goalie and havin mcpake near him wil do him wonders! Great attacking LB! Problem i see is, if all loanees sign for us and everyone is fully fit, who do we choose/would boothy get in that back four?

I went to the Livi game on Saturday and Booth played quite well. Got forward at every opportunity and 99% of Livingston's attacking play came from the left via Booth. Mind you, that was only the 1st half as it was freezing and I went home at HT

Testimonial Due
    Good to hear he is doing well and getting games under his belt. Would be even happier to hear John Collins has got the tracksuit on and doing some one to one coaching with Booth as he knew the art of defending/tackling when Alex Miller had him play at LB in his early days (reserves) to toughen him up.

Midfield might be where his future lies though and at a time when Hibs lack decent width on both sides an on form and confident Booth might have found himself in the team. Especially when there is a reliable left back behind him such as McGivern.

He's still very young with a good number of games under his belt so he may still thrive at a revitalised and positive Hibernian.

Blog Entries
    I continue to believe he's one of the best prospects on our books. Hopefully he returns invigorated & full of confidence. Good luck Callum!

I'd be lying if I said I don't hope he gets back to full form. Always want one of our youth players to play well and it be good if we improved again.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I hope he manages to rediscover his form and confidence that made him an absolute standout for us.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    A friend of mines son plays CH for livi so ill ask her tonight how he is playing, hopefully he is getting on fine

His form did dip dramatically a couple of seasons ago, he had injury issues and has obviously struggled since then, I've heard a few rumours but nothing concrete as to why this has happened but sometimes young lads stray, whether it be drinking/gambling or just simply lose focus on what they want out of life. Personally think he's a good prospect but not at LB, drfinitely a wing back or winger, his defence is pretty poor.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
    When I clicked on this link my phone told me "Unexpected failure!"
    Hope it's not an omen.
    I like Booth, classy player who maybe needs to learn to tackle. Hope he comes back stronger next season.

First Team Breakthrough derek0762's Avatar
    And winning FIFA tournaments ;-)

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derek0762 View Post
    And winning FIFA tournaments ;-)
    How on earth do you know that!?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

First Team Breakthrough derek0762's Avatar
    How on earth do you know that!?
    He told me in Tesco's ;-)