hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage

How did you rile the Jambos?

First of all I went to my work to watch the game and I printed out a panda mask to wear whilst watching the game and erupted when St Mirren scored which prompted the Merricks in the pub to say 'you hate Hearts more than you love Hibs, typical Hibs fan' to which I responded 'if you loved your club you'd be at the game and how many of your songs don't mention Hibs?' Their seethe was unreal.

When I started my shift we had blow up Guinness toys for St Patricks Day and I turned all of them into St Mirren tops by cutting up paper nd sticking them on and then cut out '3-2' and stuck them on all of the inflatable Guinness pints in the pub. On top of that when the Merricks started piling into the pub to drown their sorrows I'm Gonna Be came on so I pumped up the volume much to their dismay. Then when they were all taking photos I would stand on my tip-toes and do a '3-2' finger salute in the background and got in a fair few photos.

Add on to this when I cut someone off he was arguing with me and I responded with 'you've probably been drowning your sorrows since 5' and this brought on immense rage and threats to fight me.

I also posted on Facebook and Twitter and received many bites.

Loved it. Great day.

:jmcp:

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I posted many quite a few status's on Facebook along with pictures and got ALOT of bites! They're certainly feeling this one!

I've got about 5 Merrick 'friends' on my Facebook and I posted some pictures i.e the open top bus.

Sadly, I never got any bites (yet).

I'm an older guy and really should grow up!

Beeping at the coaches and people getting off them.

Whistling or humming "oh when the saints" when I was in the vicinity of a jambo...in that slow style that they ripped off of spurs. That one might continue for a while.

Petty and immature but it's banter. They should learn to take it as they have been good at dishing it out.

My Jambo mate told me last night to keep quiet and that id get slagged right back when we get pumped out the big cup. Are they for real? They have been going on about that tainted 5-1 for almost a year and Big team both cups since last month. GIRFUY

First Team Breakthrough marti1875's Avatar
    Yesterday/last night just went to prove that they have not one ounce of humility or class whatsoever.
    It's quite amazing just how they cannot cope or handle any sort of comments slating them in any way, like a bunch of huffy little schoolkids....but oh boy, i LOVED it and i never let up and eventually one of them, a so called grown man aged around 55 took a right huff and stormed out the boozer in a right mega stroppy huff much to my and most of the pubs amusement

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    im going to play the mind games, not going to say a word to start with, will just sit smiling and leaving them guessing when i will bring it up

I had a most satisfactory fishing trip on Facebook, leading to Jambos claim that it was "embarrassing" that there were so many of us "out in force" winding them up on Facebook.

As if they are erudite and detached individuals on social media when we - all to frequently - make a baws up of a big cup game

I've yet to meet a Yamco in the wild, or in it's natural habitat (Dole Queue, Methadone Queue)

But when I do it'll be nothing more than a wry smile

THEN A GIRFUY !

I've been on the wind up too, finding it all particularly hilarious that the last month or so the jambos on facebook and twitter have been giving it the big 'un about how they are going to hold 2 trophies, doesn't matter that its a smaller cup its still a trophy and more than the hobos will have etc etc. now its all "just a diddy cup, we don't even care about winning it as we're far too big, just for wee teams" etc etc!

Strange though, for a club that "doesn't even care about the diddy cup" they seem to be very defensive when they recieve stick about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    im going to play the mind games, not going to say a word to start with, will just sit smiling and leaving them guessing when i will bring it up
    Thats been my strategy too. Theyre confused and nervous

Time is almost up for them and its likely to be last big day for a long while. I didnt say anything cos they all know this. As Deeks would say 'power shift'. GG

Quote Originally Posted by Green Fish View Post
    Time is almost up for them and its likely to be last big day for a long while. I didnt say anything cos they all know this. As Deeks would say 'power shift'. GG
    Three draws and a deflected goal. Too early to talk about 'power shifts'.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Had a couple of yams on FB and they eventually said " No matter onwards and upwards" but I resisted and did not say where to Oblivion probably 'cause these two are nice guys just afflicted and I will wait till tonight when we meet up for a few beers , and probably will have a comment or two. Just trying to prove I am Hibs Class and not going to stoop to there level ...........YET.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I gave up on the rod and line and went and got a trawler and I'm still hauling them in on Facebook. It's just too easy, in fact it's becoming a liberty now. I was going to say work will be good today but all those who were at the game took lieu days or swapped rest days so they are off today. Never mind I'll wait until Tuesday instead.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    Three draws and a deflected goal. Too early to talk about 'power shifts'.
    Do you honestly think that with all of their issues they will remain a dominant force. I agree that PF got to sort our team out but come on man, have some belief.

Just a wee smirk from me.

The yams in my work are mostly ok guys and were pretty decent with me after May.

There is one total roaster though, he's on holiday today for the 'hangover after the party' so he's getting it ****ing tight tomorrow when he's back. Got a couple of packs of black and white streamers for his office for starters.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Used facebook to promote my elation! Many, many bites considering the posts:

Congratulating St. Mirren on their superb League Cup win
    Image of a bus for sale on Gumtree
    Pm'd by a friend in Oz inquiring about the score - comments left by all others!
    51 years and counting!
    If Carlsberg did Sundays??

Some really unhappy jumbos out there!

Have been using the 5-1 a lot to remind them of 51 years however, they are more mad that last years SC result in no way affects me!!

Wonderful, wonderful times ...

Amazing how they continue to hide behind 5-1. Doesn't matter that they have been knocked out the scottish cup in first round by us "wee team", struggling in the bottom 6, beat in the "wee cup" final by St Mirren, no money, not managed a win again us all season etc etc. because one time they beat us 5-1 so everything is absolutly fine for forever more!

5-1 can't save you now you deluded bunch of cretins! They hide behind it so they don't have to wake up and face their grim reality! They are a joke and an embarrassment of a club! It used to annoy me when they started all their 5-1 guff but tbh now I just laugh and find it hilarious because just shows how much they are hurting and how bad they are that they have to hide behind that one result. Obviously, if it had been the other way around we would always want to remind them of it however, why do they use it as a defense after getting beat in a final that wasn't even to do with us!

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    My Jambo mate comes into work about 8, I made sure I was in with Pavarotti playing 'la Donna e mobile (rigoletta)'. He wasn't best pleased when I asked him for a singsong. He just held the 5-1 up. I laughed.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

@hibs.net private member JollyGreenGiant's Avatar
    Just walking around work with a massive smile on my face!

Get it right up ye!

GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough SmithyHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SmithyNYG
    Whistling "Oh When the Saints" at every opportunity, simple but oh so effective!

Left by mutual consent!
    I've been trolling on the old
    Facebook. 3-2 pics etc. Also a happy st.mirrens day status!

I work in Scotmid part time and had the pleasure of being in last night when they were returning home with their tails between their legs. One guys shopping came to £3 odds.. So I said "that'll be 3-2 please.. Eh I mean £3". Also a returning yam forgot his pin number. So I kindly gave him a hand to remember, asking him if it was 3232.

Finally my workmate dan is a jambo. And whenever I called him to till via the tannoy he became "Danny Lennon to the checkout please". Of course he's giving it all the "I don't care" nonsense..

Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    I've been trolling on the old
    Facebook. 3-2 pics etc. Also a happy st.mirrens day status!

I work in Scotmid part time and had the pleasure of being in last night when they were returning home with their tails between their legs. One guys shopping came to £3 odds.. So I said "that'll be 3-2 please.. Eh I mean £3". Also a returning yam forgot his pin number. So I kindly gave him a hand to remember, asking him if it was 3232.

Finally my workmate dan is a jambo. And whenever I called him to till via the tannoy he became "Danny Lennon to the checkout please". Of course he's giving it all the "I don't care" nonsense..

Firstly ....... I hate the Yams and their big team wee team guff since the loony bought them over. They have bought into it big time and IT WILL come back to bite them on the ass. The first time they enter a final without their players they couldnt afford they lose to the club 2nd bottom of the SPL. .... Nuff said.

They are right about one thing ..... It should have been 8 ........... But it wasnt and 1 - 5 or not it was a missed opportunity. This proves 2 things ... 1) They still have a big regret about May and ... 2) 0 - 7 will always hurt, no matter how many cups they win.

As far as taking the mickey over yesterday goes ...... The Yams at my work were pretty decent after the cup final ... even the guy I used to work with who is as big a Yam as you will meet ... This was probably because even they couldnt believe how rank Hibs were that day ... so bad even they couldnt bring themselves to take the pee over it. So on this ocassion I will refrain from going over the top about this one.

I watched the game at my mums yesterday and she thought I had gone mental, jumping about her living room shouting ... YES !!! .. YES !!! ...GET IN !!!! every time St Mirren scored.

Then I got to thinking ........ When was the last time Hibs were the club making me do that ?

Aye its always good to watch the Yams suffer ...... But I want Hibs to be the club giving me my major football enjoyment ...not St Mirren.

Over to you messrs Farmer, Petrie & Fenlon.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 18-03-2013 at 10:34 AM.

It's more likely than not we're going to lose to Celtic in May at Hampden so I wouldn't dish it out too bad.

Many a tweet and facebook status, photos of the bus etc... The amount of wallopers I know got it beyond tight yesterday. And I ****ing LOVED it!!

I offered to hug / console a jambo in work "Do you want a hug from your favorite Buddie". This did not go down well

Quote Originally Posted by hibeedonald View Post
    It's more likely than not we're going to lose to Celtic in May at Hampden so I wouldn't dish it out too bad.
    We are not in the final and nor are celtic. I wish people would just stop assuming that we are going to be in the final, just setting ourselves up for a fall if we just dismiss Falkirk which will be a tough game. Look at what happened to Hearts, they thought they only had to turn up yesterday and look what ended up happening to them.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeedonald View Post
    A lot of football to be played before that becomes anywhere near likely.