hibs.net Messageboard

Liverpool Season Tickets

Cheapest is £710.

Ouch!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-21747116

Presumably Arsenal's £1955 season tickets aren't their cheapest

2. Log in to remove the advert

Says here the cheapest are just under a grand, extortionate prices!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-ticket-prices

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    How can a club like Arsenal, that never actually achieves anything, justify that?

It's mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can a club like Arsenal, that never actually achieves anything, justify that?

It's mind boggling.
    Supply and demand

City of 7 million and tourists. Was told by a mate of mine the waiting list is 9-10 years for season ticket for his new born son.
    Last edited by Scottie; 11-03-2013 at 11:59 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Inflation of 700% in 24 years? Madness

It's mind boggling.
    How on earth are Arsenal a club who never achieve anything? 7 years of nothing is hardly ''never''

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    How on earth are Arsenal a club who never achieve anything? 7 years of nothing is hardly ''never''
    7 years must seem like an awfully long time for people paying between 1-2k for a season ticket...

7 years must seem like an awfully long time for people paying between 1-2k for a season ticket...
    Probably feels like about 7 years

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    How do clubs like Arsenal with big numbers of season ticket holders allocate tickets for away games and cup finals (no laughing at the back!)? Is it possible to watch then every week home and away?

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    How do clubs like Arsenal with big numbers of season ticket holders allocate tickets for away games and cup finals (no laughing at the back!)? Is it possible to watch then every week home and away?
    My guess would be:

All big money people first (corporate clients, sponsors, etc) then your average Joe Bloggs puts his name in a hat and they select the lucky winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Supply and demand

City of 7 million and tourists. Was told by a mate of mine the waiting list is 9-10 years for season ticket for his new born son.

Apparently there are literally dozens of ticket touts at and around QPR and Fulham games when the big clubs are in London. Tourists in the home end, but there to watch and support the away team, are a sizeable minority of smaller London clubs support these days.

All the big clubs down south have loyalty systems in place so depending on the game and how many tickets they have it works kinda like 1000-750 points get first pick,749-500 get 2nd pick, 499-250 third pick, 249-1 4th pick and then onto general sale. If you want to go watch premier league football your better off getting a ST for the like of Wigan £275, Fulham £405 (they do a membership for £30) Stoke £344, Sunderland's cheapest is £400 although you can get an adult and child for £425, couldn't get a price for West Brom or Newcastle but West Brom do the membership scheme for £5 and Newcastle do it for £25. You get a free ticket for Newcastle though and a bucket load of other benefits http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/Members/BandWMembers .

In short, prices for Arsenal are a joke but then looking at it, so are our .

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I've got a season ticket for man utd and the way cup games and European games go is something like this. You are asked if you want to opt into both domestic cups and European games at Old Trafford. If you opt out of one of them then you can't apply for domestic away games and European away games plus finals. I've opted in on the cups and Europe so I can go to a couple of away games plus be able to apply for cup semi's and finals at Wembley and abroad. When you opt in, each month the ticket office will direct debit the discounted membership price of that match out of your account and it will depend on how successful the team is in the cup and European competitions.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    I've got a season ticket for man utd and the way cup games and European games go is something like this. You are asked if you want to opt into both domestic cups and European games at Old Trafford. If you opt out of one of them then you can't apply for domestic away games and European away games plus finals. I've opted in on the cups and Europe so I can go to a couple of away games plus be able to apply for cup semi's and finals at Wembley and abroad. When you opt in, each month the ticket office will direct debit the discounted membership price of that match out of your account and it will depend on how successful the team is in the cup and European competitions.
    The Glazers initially ensured all cup home tickets were compulsary for ST holders, then said the League Cup could be optional. Have they now extended that to the F.A. Cup, and aren't tickets for finals tiered, so that more away games you've to, the better chance of a ticket to a show piece game?

I went to several United away games in 2006-07. The away fan fans were brilliant.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875