hibs.net Messageboard

Killie Reflections

After going to my first 'away' game this season, I have to say I was impressed with the support the team got throughout the match. Also, the way fans responded to being advised that the front four rows were initially closed off, although tickets were apparently sold for it, was really positive.

The stewards were telling fans to sit anywhere and were rubber eared when they told the stewards that this might cause problems. Anyone know why this was done?

I can't believe the police took that long to get involved with hundreds of fans watching the match from the walkway or stairs. Major accident potential.

The Killie mascot getting photos with young Hibees and young girls was also a nice touch, somewhat spoiled when the mascot's head fell of to reveal a chap who resembled a certain Mr Saville.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough woody0-7's Avatar
    On reflection I need to learn to keep my mouth shut when dealing with strathclydes finest ,ended up in killie police station for voicing my concerns and the best of it the ******* didn't let me out until 12.20 no trains nowt!

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woody0-7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On reflection I need to learn to keep my mouth shut when dealing with strathclydes finest ,ended up in killie police station for voicing my concerns and the best of it the ******* didn't let me out until 12.20 no trains nowt!
    What happened with you? I was outside the ground waiting on my mate because I had his ticket and one of the WPCs on a horse was soiling for a fight with Hibs fans. Went all heavy hand at me for the crime of watching the Dundee Derby in somebody's window from the pavement and moved me and another bloke away.

First Team Breakthrough woody0-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    What happened with you? I was outside the ground waiting on my mate because I had his ticket and one of the WPCs on a horse was soiling for a fight with Hibs fans. Went all heavy hand at me for the crime of watching the Dundee Derby in somebody's window from the pavement and moved me and another bloke away.
    i was having a fag on the centre staircase when the stewards asked me to move to which I replied they couldn't run a piss up in a brewery but with a little more colourful language! 2 seconds later I've got 4 policeman dragging me out the ground missed the last 2 goals aswell!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by woody0-7 View Post
    i was having a fag on the centre staircase when the stewards asked me to move to which I replied they couldn't run a piss up in a brewery but with a little more colourful language! 2 seconds later I've got 4 policeman dragging me out the ground missed the last 2 goals aswell!!!
    Ever thought about a career as a diplomat?

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like she was getting really excited.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    The support on Sunday was the best Hibs support I've been a part of since Anderlecht away in 1992. Abolutely superb from the 1st minute to the last.

Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post
    The support on Sunday was the best Hibs support I've been a part of since Anderlecht away in 1992. Abolutely superb from the 1st minute to the last.
    Agreed.

Not been to many away games lately, but that on Sunday was flipping awesome. My feet still hurt from the dancing and standing for 90 minutes. Amazing standing for the full game. My wee lad enjoyed it so much he wants to go to Motherwell next week...

Wouldn't surprise me if this was the same officer who was ushering hibs fans off the road with her horse. This lead to a big argument as the horse was quite aggressive and scared several young hibs fans.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Sounds like she was getting really excited.
    I did think she was getting carried away

Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if this was the same officer who was ushering hibs fans off the road with her horse. This lead to a big argument as the horse was quite aggressive and scared several young hibs fans.
    Sure it will be, because I was waiting for ages I saw her barking at numerous groups of Hibs fans and she seemed to want an excuse to lift someone. She didn't seem to have very good control of her horse and nearly took out a row of folk waiting to get in when she lost control and the horse veered off to one side quickly. I did find it quite funny when she was getting wound up and tutting, sighing loudly and shaking her head like Mrs Doubtfire when some young Hibs were singing 'the horse has got a tadger'.
    Wrong occasion for her I think!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post
    Best for me was at Hampden when we pumped the huns on penalties in a league cup semi-final. 5 February 2004 - magic night.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post

Best for me was at Hampden when we pumped the huns on penalties in a league cup semi-final. 5 February 2004 - magic night.
    That was an excellent nite. 7,000 Hibs fans v 25,000 Huns.

Fav sing if nite being

You are a weegie a smelly weegie
    Your only happy on giro day
    You ma's a stealer
    Your dads a dealer
    So don't nick ma hubcaps the day

Brilliant I was hoarse for 4 or 5 days

I got tools by a police officer on a horse that if me and my friends kept singing we wouldn't get in, few others on our bus erupted into song beside us and laughed at the statement.

I also got searched on my way in for singing. Nobody around me except two friends got searched.

On the subject of heavy handed polis, we were in one of the boozers in the town centre, Wetherspoons type place (although not the actual Wetherspoons). We were in there specificly because we needed somwhere that let kids in and so we could get our lunch. Anyway we'd been in for at least an hour, had ordered our food etc when the police came in and spoke to the lassie at the bar. The polis then left and the girl came over and said that we would have to cover up our Hibs colours or leave. There were no signs on the door indicating colours were not allowed and the barmaid said it was the police who had asked her to speak to us.

Now, I generally don't have a problem with the police and think they do a good job but I really don't understand the point of this. The place was practically empty apart from a few families and there was no way a couple of guys wearing Hibs tops were going to cause any bother. We are hardly the CCS, we just wanted to have our lunch! And if they are going to come into pubs and tell people what to wear then they could at least have the decency to speak to us directly rather than make the barmaid do it. Do they even have the authority to dictate the dress code? Very bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    That was an excellent nite. 7,000 Hibs fans v 25,000 Huns.

Fav sing if nite being

You are a weegie a smelly weegie
    Your only happy on giro day
    You ma's a stealer
    Your dads a dealer
    So don't nick ma hubcaps the day

Brilliant I was hoarse for 4 or 5 days
    Actually... agree!! That night was tremendous. I try to blot out that CIS cup run as to what happened in the final...

Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post

Actually... agree!! That night was tremendous. I try to blot out that CIS cup run as to what happened in the final...
    Would agree but lived for that moment. Outstanding

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF88 View Post
    On the subject of heavy handed polis, we were in one of the boozers in the town centre, Wetherspoons type place (although not the actual Wetherspoons). We were in there specificly because we needed somwhere that let kids in and so we could get our lunch. Anyway we'd been in for at least an hour, had ordered our food etc when the police came in and spoke to the lassie at the bar. The polis then left and the girl came over and said that we would have to cover up our Hibs colours or leave. There were no signs on the door indicating colours were not allowed and the barmaid said it was the police who had asked her to speak to us.

Now, I generally don't have a problem with the police and think they do a good job but I really don't understand the point of this. The place was practically empty apart from a few families and there was no way a couple of guys wearing Hibs tops were going to cause any bother. We are hardly the CCS, we just wanted to have our lunch! And if they are going to come into pubs and tell people what to wear then they could at least have the decency to speak to us directly rather than make the barmaid do it. Do they even have the authority to dictate the dress code? Very bizarre.
    John the police have no powers whatso ever to tell you to cover up however if the management of the premises ask and you don't then they can ask you to leave and so on and so forth.

Yeah I thought that. End of the day the police asked the bar staff to ask us to cover up and we did so, I just don't understand what the point of it was.

Yeah I thought that. End of the day the police asked the bar staff to ask us to cover up and we did so, I just don't understand what the point of it was.
    No idea just scared of the day it never was. Strathclyde polis enough said

I have read the above and other posts. It is nothing new, treat fans like lower class citizens and they will act accordingly.
    Scottish football needs large numbers of fans to travel and support their team. The police are more than capable of stewarding properly with humour and a welcoming smile.
    The lady on the horse should be reported in writing.
    For a long time I have felt that the police are keen to see high prices at games, hence half empty grounds.

Fans can help themselves by not using bad language when talking to the police. Although it doesn't always seem like it, I believe that most officers would rather do without the hassle of booking people.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Is it any wonder folk hate the polis? They treat us like **** so why should we think any different of them? They cause as many problems as they solve and they're as big a part of the problem with their selective attitude to dealing with crime. Fuds.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Leishy1995 View Post
    I got tools by a police officer on a horse that if me and my friends kept singing we wouldn't get in, few others on our bus erupted into song beside us and laughed at the statement.

I also got searched on my way in for singing. Nobody around me except two friends got searched.
    The police woman standing outside was quite tidy and up for a laugh, the group in front of me had 2 people frisked so I jokingly said me next, she just laughed and gave me a quick rub down:

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Is it any wonder folk hate the polis? They treat us like **** so why should we think any different of them? They cause as many problems as they solve and they're as big a part of the problem with their selective attitude to dealing with crime. Fuds.
    I would suggest that not everyone hates the polis and that there is a marked difference in how Strathclyde and L&B cops treat fans.....ask fans of any team and they'll agree. Hopefully this remains the case when the forces merge.

I thought the police were OK. Didn't see any problems and also thought the stewards were fine.
    People stood where they liked, sung songs with rude words, took their tops off and a smokebomb was let off.
    Believe it or not, nobody died and there were no reports of anyone choking or being blinded. Everyone eventually got to the toilet and most importantly, I don't think anyone was offended!

I hope this catches on.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    I was in the portman hotel before hand and it was a mixture of hibs an killie fans there was no hassle at all and fans singing at each other without having to resort to violence. How it should be!

Bad mood possibly because that's all she'd had between her legs in ages?

This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

@hibs.net private member
    I thought the police and stewards were excellent in the ground except for a supervising steward who man handled fans as he tried to get fans to move off the walkways. Hibs fans reacted a few times and eventually the police had a word and calmed it down. The steward was 1404 and had no clue how to treat people.

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar

Mental. We were in the Park Hotel behind the Killie end before the game. Full of Hibs and Killie fans all with colours watching the Dundee derby. Not a hint of bother.

Just shows you if you treat people like adults they'll normally act as such. Treat supporters like dirt and you'll get a negative reaction. Simples!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

she wisnae in a bad mood, it was the horse and the reason it was foaming at the mooth was because he'd had those legs clamped round him for half a shift. I suppose I'd be foaming at the mooth tae though if the same legs were clamped roond me for the same time