hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

Hearts pies - (no Chris Robinson content)

I was beginning to think that this was April 1st and not March 1st, but naw, looks like the yams have come up with this pie o neering scheme according to an article in tonight's EEn.

"the groundbreaking scheme will see supporters send their orders to the snack bar via a smart phone app, with their grub then delivered to their seat by stadium staff. And orders can even be paid electronically, removing the scramble for change at the till. The cutting - edge service will be available to all 3000 supporters seated in the Wheatfield Stand during this Saturday's home fixture with Motherwell"

The mind boggles - it really does.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was beginning to think that this was April 1st and not March 1st, but naw, looks like the yams have come up with this pie o neering scheme according to an article in tonight's EEn.

"the groundbreaking scheme will see supporters send their orders to the snack bar via a smart phone app, with their grub then delivered to their seat by stadium staff. And orders can even be paid electronically, removing the scramble for change at the till. The cutting - edge service will be available to all 3000 supporters seated in the Wheatfield Stand during this Saturday's home fixture with Motherwell"

That is a class idea tbf.

Laugh all you want...thats a great idea. I almost missed the Killie goal on Wednesday due to the queues. Think this is a superb idea. Wonder how much it is costing them though? Also...how many will do it that wouldn't just for the idea of it? Bet they make a bit of dough from this...

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar

you do have to wonder where their Pie-orities lie (sorry i never join in the pun threads ) pie delivery service Apps, 3D Programmes and the like its like they have nothing to worry about
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Left by mutual consent!
    This isn't an initiative instigated by Hertz - it's been introduced by their contract catering firm, Saltire.

All costs and profits go one way...and it's not into the Yam's coffers.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    all is barry
    Attached Images Attached Images

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

incidentally, surely some lithuanian chancer could persuade them to buy 500 years worth of pies in advance, cash only payable immediately to help save their club?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    This isn't an initiative instigated by Hertz - it's been introduced by their contract catering firm, Saltire.

You are absolutely correct.

It is actually a very good idea to utilise otherwise "redundant" catering staff during the start of the match and half time.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

fat lazy *****

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Do they not sort of do this in the States. Vendor at end of row passes food and everyone passes it along honestly. Looking at some of the monsters in their support my guess is that most pies won't make their final destination and those that do will have passed through hands that have been recently pished upon and not washed. Not for me I'm afraid.

It's a good idea by the catering company but, maybe it's just me, I reckon it's bound to be pretty annoying having the staff bring the goodies to the paying punter's seat at any time during the game. What if either team's about to take a penalty and the boy pitches up with a pie for someone. Will they a) wait till it's taken or b) expect you to let them past because they'll not be watching the action on the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Do they not sort of do this in the States. Vendor at end of row passes food and everyone passes it along honestly. Looking at some of the monsters in their support my guess is that most pies won't make their final destination and those that do will have passed through hands that have been recently pished upon and not washed. Not for me I'm afraid.
    Aye this happens at the Baseball certainly
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

The theory is good but in practice I'm not convinced that it will work. I'm pleased that the residents of piggery park are being used as guinea pigs and I suppose it it works then it can be adopted by us BIG clubs at a later date.

Will they want to sit and wait on their pies while watching their team get pumped yet again?

They will be untouched by human hands when they reach their intended pie face. .

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    We complain enough about people going to the toilet / pie stand during the game so having to stand up every two minutes to let the pie deliverer past will go down a treat.

Coaching Staff

The theory is good but in practice I'm not convinced that it will work. I'm pleased that the residents of piggery park are being used as guinea pigs and I suppose it it works then it can be adopted by us BIG clubs at a later date.
    I'd suggest this will be carnage.

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    When do they serve the humble pie?

I'm looking forward to the app that allows me to engage in a half-time pish without leaving my seat...or perhaps not.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

First Team Breakthrough
    they should add bake-sale cakes to the menu, should make a fortune..........

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I'd suggest this will be carnage.
    Why? Do you know the system they operate, operation and logistics in place and how the other 5 games that it was operated actually worked? Just wondering?

Personally know one of the guys who work for saltire and sounds like they have done their homework on it, first stadium in UK, that's pretty impressive

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Why? Do you know the system they operate, operation and logistics in place and how the other 5 games that it was operated actually worked? Just wondering?

Personally know one of the guys who work for saltire and sounds like they have done their homework on it, first stadium in UK, that's pretty impressive
    Pity the stadium wont be there long enough to make anything out of it !!

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Anyone remember the days when you would send a chinese delivery to a neighbour you didnt like

6 pies and 3 cokes to seat 44 row d please......Muhahahahahaha

Great idea,

Only issue I see with it, you order through an app on your Smartphone.

Anytime I try get on tinternet when inside ER to check scores etc, it is painfully slow or doesn't connect.

Not sure if it is just a poor reception area or if its due to so many folk all in the area with there phones trying to pick up signal.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbymick View Post
    Anyone remember the days when you would send a chinese delivery to a neighbour you didnt like

Lol, think you might pay for it through the app though.

If not, we're going to have some fun :)

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymick View Post

Does one actually have to be in the stadium to order a yam pie? hmmm...

lol

So its not the first time/or new then

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    So its not the first time/or new then
    Obviously you do trials with a small section in order to iron out any potential issues, its brand new so like any system of that kind I would guess they need to trial it until dying to serve x thousand people

Cashstrapped managerless club on the brink of oblivion but fear not 3D programmes and pie delivery makes everything alright!

Obviously you do trials with a small section in order to iron out any potential issues, its brand new so like any system of that kind I would guess they need to trial it until dying to serve x thousand people
    Just wondered as its the kinda thing you hear about when being tested its no like the yams to keep quiet given the Baws spouted about the 1st ever in the world ever ever 3D programme that was the 1st ever in the world except for QPR and Newcastle and probably others

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Recently pished upon and not washed. Is gary locke serving the pies