hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Alex Harris (merged)

Read his bit in evening news,for a young kid seems level headed good luck and hope he can go on to win medals and cups.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-ev...ance-1-2570481
    Last edited by Mikey; 12-10-2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Fixed link

2. Log in to remove the advert

Played with him as a kid and he was scouted by Chelsea under Mourinho. Could have a real talent here

Good read, sad to hear about his father though, hopefully he can do him proud and get more and more first team appearances!

This laddie is a class act, best of the current crop of youngsters in my opinion, if he continues to improve he will be some player.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This laddie is a class act, best of the current crop of youngsters in my opinion, if he continues to improve he will be some player.
    Better than Stanton and Handling?

Really nice guy.

Have had one or two kick-abouts with him, class act.

Never knew about his dad though, absolutely tragic. He has already done his dad so proud by representing Hibs so just keep building Alex as you could go on to great(er) things! Very sensible guy who will slog his guts out week-in-week-out to get to the level he can

Good to see some talent emerging from our youth academy, has been desperately dry for a few years so lets hope this is the 2nd coming of the golden generation!

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Just keep pushing yourself to the next level Alex.

Sounds like a sensible lad.

I had to laugh at the article's oh-so-Edinburgh-class-obsessed focus on his private education, as if it matters

Gaun yersel' posh boy

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Sounds like a sensible lad.

I had to laugh at the article's oh-so-Edinburgh-class-obsessed focus on his private education, as if it matters

Gaun yersel' posh boy
    It is pretty unusual for a Hibs player to come from one of the posh schools...

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Alan Gordon was one

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    On the plus side, he could be a refining influence on the dressing room. Perhaps we'll see a move.away from trips to Nandos followed by the bookies and 12 bottles of Blue WKD, and an increased appreviation of jugged hare, chateauneuf du pape and renaissance literature...

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    On the plus side, he could be a refining influence on the dressing room. Perhaps we'll see a move.away from trips to Nandos followed by the bookies and 12 bottles of Blue WKD, and an increased appreviation of jugged hare, chateauneuf du pape and renaissance literature...

Very hard to lose his father at such a crucial time in his life. Seems to have the kind of attitude that would make his dad very proud. I hope he's a big success.

The football set ups at the 'posh' schools are excellent now. Stew mel recently won the inspectors cup, beating leith academy easily in the final. They were just back from a one week training camp with a La liga team.
    They now take football as seriously as rugby and with 1 in 4 kids in Edinburgh going Private I expect them to produce a lot more players.

Seems a good lad who's come through a lot.

Best of luck to him.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    What a great and refreshing story. Best of luck to him and hope to see more of him soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Very hard to lose his father at such a crucial time in his life. Seems to have the kind of attitude that would make his dad very proud. I hope he's a big success.
    his mum is very very proud of him and was smiling from ear to ear even before he got on the pitch on saturday. she was sad his dad isnt here to witness it but knows what an influence he has had on alex

keep up the good work pal

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    Alan Gordon was one
    1. That was a while ago

2. He started his pro career with the Yams

Stanton is a crackin player as well but I think harris has something textra special plus he is a bit younger as well. Its difficult to compare him to handling and caldwell as play in different positions. Big season for those 2 as well by the way, if they can reach the next level we could have another riordan and occonnor on our hands. They need game time though and for that reason it was dissapointing to see kuqi come on at 3 nil last week instead of danny or calds.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    Better than Stanton and Handling?

Have to admit I was scratching my head a wee bit when Alex came on against Dundee, but in the few minutes he was on and from the few touches he had I found myself wishing he had been given half an hour instead of those few minutes ... sometimes you just get a feeling about a player when you first see them ...... I got that feeling watching him.

Such a shame about his dad, but he seems to be using it as a driving force ... good for him.

Lets hope we see more of the posh lad

Stanton is a crackin player as well but I think harris has something textra special plus he is a bit younger as well. Its difficult to compare him to handling and caldwell as play in different positions. Big season for those 2 as well by the way, if they can reach the next level we could have another riordan and occonnor on our hands. They need game time though and for that reason it was dissapointing to see kuqi come on at 3 nil last week instead of danny or calds.
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The football set ups at the 'posh' schools are excellent now. Stew mel recently won the inspectors cup, beating leith academy easily in the final. They were just back from a one week training camp with a La liga team.
    They now take football as seriously as rugby and with 1 in 4 kids in Edinburgh going Private I expect them to produce a lot more players.
    Private schools also benefit from the ages they have children at, compared to state schools.

Stew Mel had a good few kids born 99 compared to most state schools who were 2000. I've always thought the Inspectors shouldn't include Private schools for this reason

Anyway, back to the OP. it's a great story, the loss of the young man's father can never be underestimated and is so tragic. I know some guys who have known him a long time and have only good things to say about him.

Coaching Staff
    So my wee SFA snout was right a couple of years ago regards young Alex for what it's worth he is also telling me regularly that young Jay Doyle is catching his eye more and more - he has tipped him next.

Hibs are also trying to attract a young Scandinavian lad who is funnily enough due to go into private school, or indeed may have gone into secondary this year. Apparently one of the best youngsters he has ever clapped eyes on and only 11/12 years old.

I totally agree about your assessment of both Alex and Sam though brooster - I think they will be mainstays in the Hibernian midfield in a couple of years (I hope) - which bodes well for an attack minded, dare I say flair orientated Hibs in the near future.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Thats a good read. Sounds like he has the right sort of people around him, his family seem to have kept him on track, and getting some qualifications is always so important for footballers in my opinion, just incase it doesnt work out (yet so few of them actually do it).

It also seems like hes going to be an exciting player for us in the next few years, and its good to see so many of the young guys getting the opportunity to play in the first team.

Alex Harris

How did the young lad play when he came on?

Hard one to get into.

Wanted the ball, didn't get as much as he'd have liked. Distribution so-so.

I thought he made much more of an impact than lazy bum wotherspoon. And btw I like spoony. He was awful tonight
    Harris looked for the ball at least

Looked lively when he came on. Good feet. Should have had a shot but passed to offside Griffiths. Could tell he bricked it and feared a moan from sparky. Looking forward to seeing more of him

Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    I thought he made much more of an impact than lazy bum wotherspoon. And btw I like spoony. He was awful tonight
    Apart from the assist.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    Eh? David chased down nearly every ball, he stayed well wide which stretched there back four a bit, he never done much with the ball but calling him lazy tonight? No chance