hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wots up Eoin?

Wots up Eoin?

You looked like an exciting player when you joined us. We need you to find your mojo. Two strikers are better than one!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    He played a full season in Ireland before he signed for is in December 2011, then immediately played another half season at a higher level than he'd ever played before. He looks jaded at the moment, hopefully he's just knackered. Was really excited at how far he could develop, looked a clever player with a good first touch who found good pockets of space at the start of the season.

A player in development really. He will be a good player for us.

I really like Doyle, showed against Motherwell at home what he can do infront of goal.....hopefully gets on the scoresheet a few more times this season and i reckon he will be a better player next season.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    He never excited me when he arrived and has lived up to my expectations.

I'm wondering whether we'll renew his contract, he was very good up until Christmas and I thought he'd get up to around 15 goals for the season but he seems to have tailed off recently.

I'd like him to stay, but if it means we can bring in someone better (hopefully Lyle Taylor who we were linked with in the summer, anyone heard anything?) I'd allow him to leave.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    I think Fenlon will release him. Wouldn't shed a tear personally if he does.

Not good enough IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very harsh.

Best match I've seen him play was against Celtic at Christmas. And he was on the right wing, my man of the match. Maybe he should go back there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Very harsh.

Not harsh mate just my opinion which I have mentioned on here before, he just never struck me as good enough from day one. I hoped he would be able to step up and was happy when he looked like proving me wrong but sadly my first opinion has proved correct in my mind anyway.

He's worth keeping.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Gets in good positions and that's half the battle for strikers, seems to me to be a confidence player and I genuinely think if he can start to play with a bit confidence again he could score a lot of goals for us. That said though we can't afford for him to be missing the amount of chances he has been when he's played recently so although I hope he's here next season i wouldn't be in too much of a rush to get him back in the first team this season.

I think there's similarities (not in appearance) with Connor salmon when he joined killie, I seem to remember him being a bit of a huddy at first but then it just clicked for him, I can see the same thing happening with Doyle at some point.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamous1875 View Post
    Best match I've seen him play was against Celtic at Christmas. And he was on the right wing, my man of the match. Maybe he should go back there?

thought he okay against celtic but he missed an easy header and was through on goal and blasted over the bar, so he said if he gets same chance against hearts he would hit the target, what happened he blasted over the bar. he aint got no composure when a chance comes to him

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamous1875 View Post

Him on the right, done on the left, cairney in the middle, Claros/Taiwo/Robertson behind

Not harsh mate just my opinion which I have mentioned on here before, he just never struck me as good enough from day one. I hoped he would be able to step up and was happy when he looked like proving me wrong but sadly my first opinion has proved correct in my mind anyway.
    You don't need me to tell you you are entitled to your opinion SH, I just find it interesting what people see and don't see in different players. I thought he looked like he really had something at first, then dropped off for a bit, but for the first half of this season he formed a really good partnership with Griffiths, and showed clever play backed up with goals. His SPL record is 9 goals in 30 starts, 11 in 33 overall - not bad for someone who had only played as a centre forward for one season before he arrived with us. I'm certainly surprised that you see no quality in him - the last few weeks have been disappointing, but I hope we retain him.

I may be wrong, but when I stated on here a few weeks back that I thought that Deegan slowed the game down too much and didn't have the quality to demand the ball as much as he did, did you then reply and say that you felt that he was always one step ahead of the other players (who weren't moving for him) and that's where things were breaking down? Apologies if I've remembered that wrong, as I say, interesting what different posters see in our players.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 26-02-2013 at 09:57 PM.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    This, he is poor!

@hibs.net private member
    I think he's suffering at the moment for 2 reasons;

1) The style of football we've been playing recently
    2) The fact that he's not Leigh Griffiths

I would hate to be a forward at Hibs at the moment, the Dundee Utd display was very encouraging but we have been creating so few chances recently. He wasn't great the last game he started at St Johnstone but to be fair the vast majority of passes were punts forward where he was expected to win the ball in the air against a commanding centre half. Leigh is capable of moments of pure magic but I would be curious to see how many of his goals have been scored outside of the penalty area. For me Doyle is very much a guy who operates in the box and if we get him a supply of decent chances he'll bag us 15 goals a season. Don't want to be too harsh on Leigh but he tends to be quite selfish sometimes and I think that combined with the lack of support from the midfield up toll recently has left the strikers very isolated.

IMO better players than Doyle would struggle for goals on the current circumstances. For me he deserves another deal but would be good to bring in another forward to provide some competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    You don't need me to tell you you are entitled to your opinion, I just find it interesting what people see and don't see in different players. I thought he looked like he really had something at first, then dropped off for a bit, but for the first half of this season he formed a really good partnership with Griffiths, and showed clever play backed up with goals. His SPL record is 9 goals in 30 starts, 11 in 33 overall - not bad for someone who had only played as a centre forward for one season before he arrived with us. I'm certainly surprised that you see no quality in him - the last few weeks have been disappointing, but I hope we retain him.

I may be wrong, but when I stated on here a few weeks back that I thought that Deegan slowed the game down too much and didn't have the quality to demand the ball as much as he did, did you then reply and say that you felt that he was always one step ahead of the other players and that's where things were breaking down? Apologies if I've remembered that wrong.
    Yes you remember correctly I believe I did say something on those lines about Deegan.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 26-02-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I think he's suffering at the moment for 2 reasons;

1) The style of football we've been playing recently
    2) The fact that he's not Leigh Griffiths

I would hate to be a forward at Hibs at the moment, the Dundee Utd display was very encouraging but we have been creating so few chances recently. He wasn't great the last game he started at St Johnstone but to be fair the vast majority of passes were punts forward where he was expected to win the ball in the air against a commanding centre half. Leigh is capable of moments of pure magic but I would be curious to see how many of his goals have been scored outside of the penalty area. For me Doyle is very much a guy who operates in the box and if we get him a supply of decent chances he'll bag us 15 goals a season. Don't want to be too harsh on Leigh but he tends to be quite selfish sometimes and I think that combined with the lack of support from the midfield up toll recently has left the strikers very isolated.

IMO better players than Doyle would struggle for goals on the current circumstances. For me he deserves another deal but would be good to bring in another forward to provide some competition.
    Agree with all of this . Doyle was doing well until results started to get worse and at same time Leigh lost form - there was a good understanding upfront and BOTH were scoring regularly - but obviously LG is a very special talent so gets picked automatically . Really hope Eoin scores a few more this season to boost his confidence and to secure a new deal though I`m sure a few clubs will be waiting to sign him if we don`t give him a new deal .

Yes you remember correctly I believe I did say something on those lines about Deegan.
    Cool, I thought so. I think that Doyle's qualities were more obvious than Deegan's when both were playing in winning teams and that Deegan looked much worse than Doyle when playing in Hibs teams that we were struggling (though I do acknowledge that ED has been poor since December). That said, I'm still glad we have Deegan as he can be effective when used correctly.

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting that you saw nothing in Doyle given how you analysed Deegan's performances - here's hoping that they both play a part in a good end to the season for us.

I'm not a fan of his I'm afraid. I guess he's on peanuts so maybe keep him around as a squad player but can't see him offering much more.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    He definitely showed promise earlier in the season and put in huge shifts week after week.

My annoyance with him is that he needs 20 chances to take 1 and that's a luxury we can't afford. No surprise to see him out of the team and hope he comes back stronger.

@hibs.net private member
    I think he's alright. Since he missed a few chances just after Christmas his confidence has dropped and folk are getting on his back a bit more than they were.

Hopefully he can get a goal in Sunday and get back on track for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendub View Post
    Him on the right, done on the left, cairney in the middle, Claros/Taiwo/Robertson behind
    So are u playing 6 in midfield ???

Blog Entries
    PF made clear when he signed that at age and stage he was one for future.

Due to circumstances he was pitched in...did well then sagged.....hardly surprising.....

Left by mutual consent!
    Glad you're no disappointed

Far far better forwards in the league. If we want to progress Doyle shouldn't be input squad. Could name at least a douzen better forwards than him. Like Stevenson people think he will come good when we can do much much better.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell The Dug View Post
    Far far better forwards in the league. If we want to progress Doyle shouldn't be input squad. Could name at least a douzen better forwards than him. Like Stevenson people think he will come good when we can do much much better.
    Personally I think we should get rid of Stevenson, Doyle and these people

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Personally I think we should get rid of Stevenson, Doyle and these people
    If we can spend wages on better players its a no brainer instead of hoping players who would be lucky to get a game in any other side in the SPL come good or be happy with them and there couple of decent games a year.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    PF made clear when he signed that at age and stage he was one for future.

Due to circumstances he was pitched in...did well then sagged.....hardly surprising.....
    I personally think he is just an average player, we are not creating a lot so his type of player will find it difficult. I find it strange though, a player at 24 almost 25 is being classed as one for the future. Griffiths, taiwo, deegan, done, Stevenson, hanlon, cairney, are all 25 and under and I wouldn't really be classing them as ones for the future, they are all players for now.