hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: If fit affordable and Fenlon thinks he can do a job, would you want him back?

Voters
543. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

477 87.85%
  • No

66 12.15%
Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From the Hibees Bounce forum its being said that RP has knocked the deal back. Any information to confirm/deny?
    The whole thing is probably a load of tosh, but if there was any mileage in it, I would hope Petrie's opposition would be based on finance and not on historical differences.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough hungryhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reallapsedhibee View Post
    Eh, naw they didnae.

Katie would indeed be a no 2 signing.
    yes they did they where trying get more cash out of the rp then he had an argument with collins then that was it over ta ta kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    Thats fine in your perfect scenario we might finish 2nd without him we might finish 7th with him, he can do one and we should keep our money for using in summer. I would rather we just didnt bother.
    That's it disregard someone with ability such as his regardless if maybe not as good as he was, just because of things that went on previously. I'm sure the Blackburn fans will get over the Bentley return once he starts producing the goods.

Na not some Hibs fans though, we can afford to turn a blind eye at recent Championship players with his ability.

First Team Breakthrough hungryhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    I googled a few articles from 6 years ago.

Problem was more with Collins than Hibs.
    thats what a was told from a very close friend of his

For me a fit KT would be a very good addition to the team/squad. He left ages ago. Don't care how or why he left tbh but if he was to produce some of the form previously shown by him that'll do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    I googled a few articles from 6 years ago.

Problem was more with Collins than Hibs.
    The utter crap he then proceeded to put his name to was then very much about Hibs.

He might have been badly advised, his column may have been ghost-written, the hot coals/broken glass along the M8 and thought of staying at Hibs making him sick... he might not have been the ringleader or main protagonist in his departure but he was very much complicit in the worst possible exit a Hibs captain could make. Worse than Benji, Brown, Riordan, Murray, probably all of them put together.

That said, he comes back and he gets support. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    That's it disregard someone with ability such as his regardless if maybe not as good as he was, just because of things that went on previously. I'm sure the Blackburn fans will get over the Bentley return once he starts producing the goods.

Na not some Hibs fans though, we can afford to turn a blind eye at recent Championship players with his ability.
    The funny thing is if Hibs signed Messi Carlsberg would be on here whingeing that we didn't sign Ronaldo too.

If the Jambos can accept Webster and Stevenson back then surely we can accept one of our own after all these years?

It's funny that some Hibs fans can boo their own players, even boo players we've signed on pre-contracts and do nothing to help the club or team but their isn't this moral outrage over that.

Left by mutual consent!

I am disregarding him 100%. Im not interested in other fans getting over a player, I am posting my thoughts on what I think and I do not want him to play for us again, there is no argument from me its simple I do not want him to play for Hibs again IMO he doesnt deserve to, keep any money and invest in new players.

Your scenario is all rosy all I can go on is his previous and my scenario has just as much validity, so I can predict comes in is pretty pish causes inbalance in team we slip down table he moves to Sevco on 3/4 x what we could offer. Fin.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    The funny thing is if Hibs signed Messi Carlsberg would be on here whingeing that we didn't sign Ronaldo too.

If the Jambos can accept Webster and Stevenson back then surely we can accept one of our own after all these years?

It's funny that some Hibs fans can boo their own players, even boo players we've signed on pre-contracts and do nothing to help the club or team but their isn't this moral outrage over that.
    Aye ok I do not even know where to begin on this utter p1sh, I,ll ignore the joke of a first part and move onto the laughable middle, the Jambos accept a lot of stuff so lets copy them.

Fenlon out Rix in eh?
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 21-02-2013 at 06:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The very suggestion that Hibs could afford to turn away for whatever reason the likes of KT.

First Team Breakthrough jamieross's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JamieMth
    We all know he left on bad terms but were all adults here. If he can prove his worth and fitness and Pat wants to sign him, thats good enough for me. If he cant keep fit, tell him to pack his bags, we need to run a tight ship moneywise.

Most were praising Motherwell for signing Mcfadden, its not really much different from us looking at KT.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Could've been a cup winning captain

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Yes, because we should definitely use what goes on at the pink wongadome as a good guide to how to conduct a football club.

Yes, because we should definitely use what goes on at the pink wongadome as a good guide to how to conduct a football club.

Serious question
    What would KT , given his physical condition , bring to Hibs FC that we do not already have ?
    This is not the player we sold on this is someone scratching around to find a club

Great player before he left

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    He didn't choose to leave in the January so, if it had been up to him, he would have been. Collins sold him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    He didn't choose to leave in the January so, if it had been up to him, he would have been. Collins sold him.
    Glad thats sorted it was JC, KT did nowt, welcome back son. We all know that when you are sold you have totally no say in it at all. I wonder why JC felt he had to sell a key player and strip him of captaincy totally right out the blue for no reason at all.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 21-02-2013 at 06:43 PM.

During his time as Hibs captain he publicly engineered a move and bad mouthed the club;
    "if im worth £xm why am I paid buttons" etc
    Albeit that was maybe through bad advice from agents (which he employed)

Good player but a but of a ****
    If he'd improve us then sign him but on our terms

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Far as I am aware we are all spent on salaries for this season so unless someone is leaving without a payout or someone signs and doesn't want wages, it makes no odds who the player is.

Absolutely stunning that some fans prefer to dwell over what was supposedly said or done 6 years ago than welcome the prospect of a class player who's still only 28 coming back to play for the team he loves. Modern football mentality at its best/worst.
    You could argue the way he left Hibs was modern football at its very worst. Kid playing for the team he has supported as a boy gets his head turned by a greedy agent, uses a tabloid newspaper column to talk his way out of the club, attempts to pull the heartstrings of working class fans by telling us that his salary of 1.5k a week wasn't enough and expects us to be sympathetic about it. Chuck in bonuses he would probably only have earnt about £450,000 if he was still with Hibs under that contract

Football fans are tremendously fickle but so if he comes back and starts well then I'm sure that whole saga will quickly be remembered as all McKay and Jacksons fault.

I am disregarding him 100%. Im not interested in other fans getting over a player, I am posting my thoughts on what I think and I do not want him to play for us again, there is no argument from me its simple I do not want him to play for Hibs again IMO he doesnt deserve to, keep any money and invest in new players.

Your scenario is all rosy all I can go on is his previous and my scenario has just as much validity, so I can predict comes in is pretty pish causes inbalance in team we slip down table he moves to Sevco on 3/4 x what we could offer. Fin.
    Hardly a scenario just stating the facts in my last post. Fair enough, there will be many more like you who have the same view, I on the other hand would have no probs with it.

As far as I'm being told just now it won't materialise anyway but who knows.

Glad thats sorted it was JC, KT did nowt, welcome back son. We all know that when you are sold you have totally no say in it at all. I wonder why JC felt he had to sell a key player and strip him of captaincy totally right out the blue for no reason at all.
    To be honest, I stopped holding grudges for years on end when I hit puberty. You crack on though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hardly a scenario just stating the facts in my last post. Fair enough, there will be many more like you who have the same view, I on the other hand would have no probs with it.

As far as I'm being told just now it won't materialise anyway but who knows.
    The best thing you have written mate

Left by mutual consent!
    To be honest, I stopped holding grudges for years on end when I hit puberty. You crack on though.
    Not holding a grudge I do not like him so I will crack on, glad to hear you do not dislike anyone from your past that you have "moved on".

Promising Youngster
    If Hibs signed him, I would get Thomson - 8 on the back!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    What's the appropriate length of time, then, for adults to bear in mind that peeps have behaved towards them like complete ***** ?

Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    ......his salary of 1.5k a week wasn't enough and expects us to be sympathetic about it. Chuck in bonuses he would probably only have earnt about £450,000 if he was still with Hibs under that contract ...................
    He got 1,500 a week salary but over 7,000 a week bonuses?

Left by mutual consent!
    What's the appropriate length of time, then, for adults to bear in mind that peeps have behaved towards them like complete ***** ?
    Well if Beefster hated somebody while he was 3 and hit Puberty at 12/13 then forgave all I have another 4/5 years of disliking Thomson so I am still good with Beefsters timescale. Or maybe its childish to dislike folk if your 13+
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 21-02-2013 at 07:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

It's all to do with IQ's. The lower, the longer is the normal rule of thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    Didn't he get stripped of the captaincy while he was still playing for us?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    It's all to do with IQ's. The lower, the longer is the normal rule of thumb.
    Is it I will need to check that out in the rule of thumbasauras that has come from. You must hold a lot of long grudges then judging by that?
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 21-02-2013 at 07:27 PM.