hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Letter to the board

Looks like I forgot to click on the submit new thread button yesterday.

I'm not one for castigating the team or the manager. I have stood by and offered my support to both the players and the management team more in blind faith than anything else.

However, last night finally tipped me over the edge and I questioned myself if I should renew my season ticket later this year. Once my anger at the way we were beaten subsided I sent this to the board. I'll post the reply when I get one.

Dear board members,

I attended Easter Road last night for the visit of St Johnstone to once again watch my team get bossed and bullied all over the park with the game ending in a humiliating defeat. Not so long ago we were proudly sitting top of the league and scoring goals for fun but since our visit to Dens Park it has all gone horribly wrong (with the odd exception).

The team used to fight for each other when up against it now the body language of the players shows they are looking for a team mate to blame when things go wrong. Last night was no exception as the defence stood like statues to allow St Johnstone to open the scoring. You would think the penalty save would give the team the lift they needed but it wasn't long before they were back to chasing shadows.

Where has it all gone wrong? My son was with me last night and after the game said the most exciting part of the evening was the 10 second challenge but even that was a shambles as the fourth lad in the group never got to take his third attempt to score. My son also said of the result he was embarrassed to be a Hibs fan last night, strong words from a 15 year old.

As our game had been moved to Monday night, I took the opportunity of going along to Meadowbank on Saturday to watch Edinburgh City against Edinburgh University. Night and day compared to what was on offer last night. Four excellent goals, passing football, a joy to watch and only a fiver to get in.

I am a Hibs fan and when season ticket renewal comes round I always take advantage of the early bird offer for two reasons. Firstly it offers me and my son very good value for money and secondly always answers you call for our manager to know well in advance what his budget for the coming year will be.

My question to the board is after last night's debacle, why should I bother to renew my season ticket?

Before you send out a stock answer, please be aware I'll be posting this letter and your reply on both hibs.net and hibees bounce for the wider Hibernian support to see.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'm not one for castigating the team or the manager. I have stood by and offered my support to both the players and the management team more in blind faith than anything else.

However, last night finally tipped me over the edge and I questioned myself if I should renew my season ticket later this year. Once my anger at the way we were beaten subsided I sent this to the board. I'll post the reply when I get one.

Dear board members,

I attended Easter Road last night for the visit of St Johnstone to once again watch my team get bossed and bullied all over the park with the game ending in a humiliating defeat. Not so long ago we were proudly sitting top of the league and scoring goals for fun but since our visit to Dens Park it has all gone horribly wrong (with the odd exception).

The team used to fight for each other when up against it now the body language of the players shows they are looking for a team mate to blame when things go wrong. Last night was no exception as the defence stood like statues to allow St Johnstone to open the scoring. You would think the penalty save would give the team the lift they needed but it wasn't long before they were back to chasing shadows.

Where has it all gone wrong? My son was with me last night and after the game said the most exciting part of the evening was the 10 second challenge but even that was a shambles as the fourth lad in the group never got to take his third attempt to score. My son also said of the result he was embarrassed to be a Hibs fan last night, strong words from a 15 year old.

As our game had been moved to Monday night, I took the opportunity of going along to Meadowbank on Saturday to watch Edinburgh City against Edinburgh University. Night and day compared to what was on offer last night. Four excellent goals, passing football, a joy to watch and only a fiver to get in.

I am a Hibs fan and when season ticket renewal comes round I always take advantage of the early bird offer for two reasons. Firstly it offers me and my son very good value for money and secondly always answers you call for our manager to know well in advance what his budget for the coming year will be.

My question to the board is after last night's debacle, why should I bother to renew my season ticket?

Before you send out a stock answer, please be aware I'll be posting this letter and your reply on both hibs.net and hibees bounce for the wider Hibernian support to see.

Kind regards,
    An open letter to the board ending in a veiled threat.

Isn't this all a bit Jambo-tastic?

And, as all your concerns are football related and relate to the past few weeks, and you were happy with the football that this same group (indeed, I'd say the playing pool has - granted, very much theoretically at the moment - improved since the January window) produced earlier in the season, shouldn't your letter be addressed to Pat Fenlon and the playing squad?

If in doubt, blame Rod Petrie I guess.

Good luck with that. I'm personally not a fan of all these letters to the board stuff but each to their own.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    We must have the most patient fans in the league after what has been served up this last few years. Why shouldn't fans make their feelings known to the board, far better than simply voting with your feet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    An open letter to the board ending in a veiled threat.

Isn't this all a bit Jambo-tastic?

And, as all your concerns are football related and relate to the past few weeks, and you were happy with the football that this same group (indeed, I'd say the playing pool has - granted, very much theoretically at the moment - improved since the January window) produced earlier in the season, shouldn't your letter be addressed to Pat Fenlon and the playing squad?

If in doubt, blame Rod Petrie I guess.
    the Board could respond....

Dear Mr Dangermouse

While understanding your frustration The Board, even with less than anticipated numbers attending ER have supported the manager and tied up his stated priority of retaining 3 loanees during last transfer window....additionally the board made funds available for the signing of 2 additional players (1 loan 1 permanent)....further to the immediate situation we have supported the ongoing overhaul of the squad with the pre-contract signing of another player for the next season. We will continue to support the manger to the greatest extent we can based on resources available from income received - your continued attendance along with fellow supporters can be part of that......

While recent results have been disappointing we fully support the manager as he continues to make the wide ranging changes that were required from the situation he inherited from his predecessor

The Board

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post

Dear board members,

Kind regards,
    Dear Danger,

Keep the mouse in the house.

Hugs and kisses

Rod. x

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I think your points are all valid, Monday was the first game this season I walked out before the final whistle. I'm still 99% decided I will renew next season, but Monday was the first time this season I even gave it a 2nd thought. In saying all that I think the recipient of your letter should have been Paddy Fenlon.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Good luck with that. I'm personally not a fan of all these letters to the board stuff but each to their own.
    Indeed Sir I agree, I would much prefer the board do important board related stuff than waste days reading and responding to this kind of p**h just sayin
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    Indeed Sir I agree, I would much prefer the board do important board related stuff than waste days reading and responding to this kind of p**h just sayin
    Like apoint ***** manager after ***** manager and run the club further into the ground?

Like apoint ***** manager after ***** manager and run the club further into the ground? Seems to be all there good for when theve got a bit time on their hands

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    wouldnt say his letter is p1$h mate.

i think its important that the board see how people feel. if there is no changes then we will end up with very low attendances.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Cool letter, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Green E's View Post
    Like apoint ***** manager after ***** manager and run the club further into the ground? Seems to be all there good for when theve got a bit time on their hands

So good you said it twice, so were you against the appointment of Yogi, Mixu, Calderwood or Fenlon ? How would you make sure our next interview process yields better results ? Do you think we are in a position to hire proven quality ? Can you name someone who has been in the running for any of the last 5 positions that would have been less of a risk or better option (not using hindsight) would Alex ferguson do better given our budget ?
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Knee jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee92 View Post
    Very funny

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    So a season ticket holder's opinion is P**h?

It's not p**h when the club start sending out their begging letters to renew season tickets for the coming season, or to spend money in the shop or buy bricks or whatever.
    Just saying!

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sect43 View Post
    Knee jerk.
    could you let us know how many more crap, boring performances and results we need to put up with before it doesn't become knee jerk anymore?
    I have been desperate to write to the board for a long time but didn't want to be accused of my actions being knee jerk

So good you said it twice, so were you against the appointment of Yogi, Mixu, Calderwood or Fenlon ? How would you make sure our next interview process yields better results ? Do you think we are in a position to hire proven quality ? Can you name someone who has been in the running for any of the last 5 positions that would have been less of a risk or better option (not using hindsight) would Alex ferguson do better given our budget ?
    I wasnt against any of they appointments and was willong to give them my support. Cant say I was particularly excited by them although I understand that with the limitations a club like ours has were not goin to get anyone exciting.
    As for who we shouldve and couldve got it isw my job to pick the Hibernian manager, thats down to some highly paid the acountant or whoever we have running football matters at our club. Its pretty obvious their doing a miserable job of it

Dear DangerMouse

We understand that much like Brian Kerr you are a fictional character and as such your views hold little sway with us. Keep buying the season tickets though.

Regards

The Board

PS. Tell Penfold we think he's a ****.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    could you let us know how many more crap, boring performances and results we need to put up with before it doesn't become knee jerk anymore?
    I have been desperate to write to the board for a long time but didn't want to be accused of my actions being knee jerk
    We were never going to be transformed over night. It's a work in progress. Next season will be PFs biggest challenge to show what he has got.

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    So a season ticket holder's opinion is P**h?

It's not p**h when the club start sending out their begging letters to renew season tickets for the coming season, or to spend money in the shop or buy bricks or whatever.
    Just saying!
    Answer to your 1st point no his opinion is not P**h as its his opinion
    My point is does said season ticket holder believe the Board dont actually know all these things ? Lets say we have 7000 season ticket holders and even 10% felt compelled to write a letter every time things got sticky would they have time to do anything Practical ? how much does a Lawyer Take to read and reply to a letter ? These guys time is of value to us in other ways not reading and replying to letters in my opinion.

Also on your "Begging Letters" statement I call them information about the Club i "Support" Just Sayin

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I Don't see why Dangermouse is getting a hard time here, we are pissed off after Monday and we all deal with it in different ways. I'm not a fan of contacting the club everytime I feel angry at the way things are going but the OP obviously felt that it was time to let the club know they could lose a valuble fan. With ST renewal time around the corner I'm sure many of us are weighing up the options and its up to Fenlon and the team to convince us renewing is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I Don't see why Dangermouse is getting a hard time here, we are pissed off after Monday and we all deal with it in different ways. I'm not a fan of contacting the club everytime I feel angry at the way things are going but the OP obviously felt that it was time to let the club know they could lose a valuble fan. With ST renewal time around the corner I'm sure many of us are weighing up the options and its up to Fenlon and the team to convince us renewing is the way to go.
    This. After Monday, I am not going to Paisley as planned - and for the first time since moving up here in 2000, I am planning to watch the DUFC-Hibs game on the 24th in the golf club rather than attending.

I wasnt against any of they appointments and was willong to give them my support. Cant say I was particularly excited by them although I understand that with the limitations a club like ours has were not goin to get anyone exciting.
    As for who we shouldve and couldve got it isw my job to pick the Hibernian manager, thats down to some highly paid the acountant or whoever we have running football matters at our club. Its pretty obvious their doing a miserable job of it
    But thats my point its a roll of the dice, We are not in a position to hire top Proven Quality (even if we did would that work out) we got lucky with Tony Mowbray and to a lesser extent Alex McLeish (really heavily backed) and have hired some guys very much in that mould in Collins, Calderwood, And the others they have not worked out My contention is we will have to keep throwing the dice or Hire a Jimmy Calderwood, Jumbo Jim or a Bobby Williamson where you know exactly what you are getting

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I would have had more respect for the whole letter situation had it not have been posted on here i feel the same as everyone and am gutted but the way we seem to contstantly under perform but cant see why a letter telling them what the know will help and i really cant see what the Board had to do with Mondays shambles or for that matter any of the last 10 games. I believe the Board have very much delivered in terms of signings and this can only fall at the feet of Pat and the Players who i still believe in

Testimonial Due
    I would have had more respect for the whole letter situation had it not have been posted on here i feel the same as everyone and am gutted but the way we seem to contstantly under perform but cant see why a letter telling them what the know will help and i really cant see what the Board had to do with Mondays shambles or for that matter any of the last 10 games. I believe the Board have very much delivered in terms of signings and this can only fall at the feet of Pat and the Players who i still believe in
    Agree with this. If you want a write a letter, fine. Appointing yourself as some kind of fans' spokesperson though is just a bit pathetic.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Agree with this. If you want a write a letter, fine. Appointing yourself as some kind of fans' spokesperson though is just a bit pathetic.
    I think that's a bit unfair on DM. He's sent a letter (I've already said I believe should have gone to PF instead) but I'd like to hear what response he gets. Surely this board is about discussion and information sharing on our club ? I certainly don't see him as a fans' spokesperson, he's one of us frustrated at recent results and performances.

Listen Pal, we really don't care what you or any of the fans think. Its OUR football club not yours.

We'll run it as we see fit

Tom and Rod