hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Not sure I can blame the chairman for this!

Cammy Bell has signed a precontract with Rangers...£8k a week to play in division 2 ffs!

MJ definitely couldn't have offered him that. Apparently Cammy's mind was made up when Strachan said he would consider Rangers players which was the main concern he had about going there. He'll be a legend for the performance at Hampden but if we had a decent back-up I would have him sitting on the bench for the under 20s.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...-the-bell.html

CAMMY BELL has clinched a four-year deal with Rangers.

The Kilmarnock keeper has signed a pre- contract and will join Gers on September 1.
    As SunSport revealed on Monday the 26-year-old has snubbed the offer of a five-year deal at Rugby Park and will move when Rangers’ transfer embargo is lifted.
    Bell’s Gers deal is worth around £8,000-a-week, and Ibrox boss Ally McCoist said: “Cammy fits the bill in terms of his ability and his availability in terms of being out of contract in the summer.”
    SunSport understands Bell will remain 100 per cent committed to Killie until his contract expires.
    But his switch to Ibrox casts doubt on Neil Alexander’s future at the club.
    The Gers No1 is out of contract at the end of the season and remains locked in talks over a new deal.
    Alexander is unlikely to settle for a seat back on the bench.
    McCoist, above, added: “We would like to keep Neil because I want to have two strong keepers. It would also give me the opportunity to send Scott

2. Log in to remove the advert

Deary me.

Words fail me, after everything "Rangers" went through "The Rangers" are throwing 8k a week at Cammy Bell?

I don't know why they just didnt sign up 1st/2nd division players who would've won the 3rd division at a canter at a minute % of the cost it is currently costing them.
    Last edited by Hainan Hibs; 13-02-2013 at 08:31 AM.

Another player with **** all in the way of ambition.

Surely he's at the age where he should be desperate to go test himself down in the Championship.

Fud.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    words fail me, after everytjing "Rangers" went through "The Rangers" are throwing 8k a week at Cammy Bell?

I dont know why they just didnt sign up 1sr/2nd division players who wouldve won the 3rd division at a canter at a minute % of the cost it is currently costing them.
    Spl calibre players obviously ensure they can go all the way in the cup competitions....

Good players spending the peak of their careers in thelower divisions of Scotland not realising that they'll be tossed into the reserves/out when the rangers do eventually darken the spl in a couple years. Shame.
    Mon the Hibs.

Blog Entries
    Murray Davidson...you know the guy who ran midfield against us on Monday....OOC in summer and sources quoted as him heading for Championship or The Rangers

Basically their signing ban has made no difference at all as they can afford to make it worth a players time to wait for a couple of months before signing.
    Last edited by marinello59; 13-02-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Give me three or four times my current wage and ill go and work in an Indian sweat shop and think about my career later.

Also, he's likely to win more in those years at rangers than playing for a championship team.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Spl calibre players obviously ensure they can go all the way in the cup competitions....

Good players spending the peak of their careers in thelower divisions of Scotland not realising that they'll be tossed into the reserves/out when the rangers do eventually darken the spl in a couple years. Shame.
    It took them 30mins to get anywhere near up to speed with DUFC the other week in the cup.

i agree with pretty boy the ambition to perform at the highest level possible should out way anything else when you're a professional sportsman, the likes of Wallace templeton and bell should have been looking to go down south not playing against painters and plumbers cause the money is better AND for the lack of ambition alone shouldn't be considered for the national team before the standard there playing at even comes into consideration

I don't see the problem with someone earning 4 to 5 times more than they earn now. I'm a Hibs supporter and If I played for Hibs and got offered £10k a week rather than £2 max I'd be off In a heartbeat. Secure my future and a better life with the family. It's the same in any job. If someone offers much more money to do the same job why not take it? Football is a very short career and players should make as much as they can because after it you could be left with nothing.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Another player with **** all in the way of ambition.

Surely he's at the age where he should be desperate to go test himself down in the Championship.

Fud.
    Completely agree.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thecat23 View Post
    i don't see the problem with someone earning 4 to 5 times more than they earn now. I'm a hibs supporter and if i played for hibs and got offered £10k a week rather than £2 max i'd be off in a heartbeat. Secure my future and a better life with the family. It's the same in any job. If someone offers much more money to do the same job why not take it? Football is a very short career and players should make as much as they can because after it you could be left with nothing.
    peeetttrrriieeeeeeeee!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I don't see the problem with someone earning 4 to 5 times more than they earn now. I'm a Hibs supporter and If I played for Hibs and got offered £10k a week rather than £2 max I'd be off In a heartbeat. Secure my future and a better life with the family. It's the same in any job. If someone offers much more money to do the same job why not take it? Football is a very short career and players should make as much as they can because after it you could be left with nothing.
    Exactly, always amazes me when folk slag of footballers for doing this yet would jump at the same opportunity if given to them in their own life.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    peeetttrrriieeeeeeeee!
    haha that was meant to say £2k max!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Exactly, always amazes me when folk slag of footballers for doing this yet would jump at the same opportunity if given to them in their own life.
    Exactly mate. I think people get to caught up in the whole loyalty thing and think it's terrible players leave their club. End of the day they are only securing a better future. Nothing at all wrong with it.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Don't blame him in the slightest - the money is far superior to what he'll be on at Killie, he'll be back in the SPL in 2 years (unless reconstruction happens which alters the time-frame somewhat) and gets to play some new teams/add guaranteed silverware (2nd/1st divisions) to his own CV.

What team does Bell support? I ask because a lot of the previous players who have gone from Ayrshire to Govan have certainly been of the right persuasion.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    It took them 30mins to get anywhere near up to speed with DUFC the other week in the cup.

i agree with pretty boy the ambition to perform at the highest level possible should out way anything else when you're a professional sportsman, the likes of Wallace templeton and bell should have been looking to go down south not playing against painters and plumbers cause the money is better AND for the lack of ambition alone shouldn't be considered for the national team before the standard there playing at even comes into consideration
    Some of sevco's finest are Painters

Its not slagging players for leaving their current club for more money, good luck to them.

However a goalkeeper of Cammy Bells quality could easily have held out for a club in the Championship or top half league one. Still making more money and, certainly playing in tje Championship, a better standard.

Are people seriously suggesting having a 1st and 2nd division medal for a team paying 30x what their competitors are is some kind of acheivement? Then what? Back to the SPL. How does that help Bell improve as a goalkeeper?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Its not slagging players for leaving their current club for more money, good luck to them.

However a goalkeeper of Cammy Bells quality could easily have held out for a club in the Championship or top half league one. Still making more money and, certainly playing in tje Championship, a better standard.

Are people seriously suggesting having a 1st and 2nd division medal for a team paying 30x what their competitors are is some kind of acheivement? Then what? Back to the SPL. How does that help Bell improve as a goalkeeper?

Medals don't pay the bills or secure your future, maybe he wants to stay in Scotland for whatever reason.

Medals don't pay the bills or secure your future, maybe he wants to stay in Scotland for whatever reason.
    Nor do state of the art training facilities .. wages are the be all and end all for players UNLESS they have already earned enough to do them.

When does the transfer ban end ?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    End of this season is it not?
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

At the end of the Summer transfer window.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

September I think.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Deary me!! A massive backwards step in his career.

@hibs.net private member
    I can't understand why anyone on here thinks a professional footballer is going to give up £1.6m to stay with Kilmarnock on £1000 a week. For me its an easy decision for Bell to make

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I can't understand why anyone on here thinks a professional footballer is going to give up £1.6m to stay with Kilmarnock on £1000 a week. For me its an easy decision for Bell to make
    How many people have suggested he should stay at Killie? I cant see anyone saying that on this thread.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I dont think anyone is questioning the deal on a personal financial level more on a football ambition level. He will be playing 2 years in div 2 and div 1 of Scottish football which to me isnt going to improve him as a player whereby he may have gone down south and played at a much better level and improved as a player possibly forcing himself into the Scotland team or got a move to a Premier club sort of thing. If that didnt work then he could have come back up the road. Seems staggeringly lacking in ambition. No doubt some wag nipping his ear and influencing his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I hate when players & people say things like that (no offence), but if a player has half a brain and an education, then he could find another job when he retires from pro football. What the problem working as sports teacher or a sales rep? Any full-time job does not mean he has to stop playing the game (play part time or Junior football)! They could even going into coaching/management and still have a better life than most!

Fans and the general public should stop feeling sorry for pro players when they and their agents come out with this crap all the time when they want to sign a new contract or even move to a another team! This is one off many things that is wrong with football today.......GREED!