hibs.net Messageboard

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

St Mirren by train

Seems straight forward enough or am I missing something?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Train to Glasgow, train from Glasgow to Paisley then a small walk to the ground. Simple

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Train to Glasgow, train from Glasgow to Paisley then a small walk to the ground. Simple
    As long as you get off at the right Paisley station, as there are 2.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You'll be wanting off at Paisley St. James
    Last edited by Ryan91; 13-02-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Get off at gilmour street for a beer first then back on the train to st James is my recommendation

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Aye mate its a doddle and a really good wee day out :-) save yourself for a pie at the match too no quite a killie pie but very decent all the same
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

I usually get of at Gilmore street for the great pub beside it. Its still only a short walk to the ground from there. 10mins tops.

@hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    Seems straight forward enough or am I missing something?
    Or in our case, ICE to Cologne, Thalys to Brussels, Eurostar to London, train to Glasgow, train to Paisley, then a small walk to the ground.

With the way the trains will (hopefully) work out, my current plan means I'll be home an hour earlier than if it was a home game!

Quote Originally Posted by atomheartfather View Post
    Or in our case, ICE to Cologne, Thalys to Brussels, Eurostar to London, train to Glasgow, train to Paisley, then a small walk to the ground.
    Seems straight forward enough lol

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    Aye mate its a doddle and a really good wee day out :-) save yourself for a pie at the match too no quite a killie pie but very decent all the same
    had my one and only haggis, neeps 'n tatties pie at old Love Street many years ago......was superb, from what I can remember.

There are 4 stations in Paisley. The ones you want to head for are Gilmour Street (the main one, in the town centre and about a 15 min walk to the ground) or St James (next to the St Mirren Ground but there's nowt else there). Trains going to Greenock, Gourock and Wemyss Bay stop at both these stations. Trains for Ayr, Largs and Adrossan only stop at Gilmour Street. The other two stations are on a different railway line and are called Paisley Canal and Hawkhead. You want to give those ones a miss -even although these are the only trains that actually say Paisley as the final destination. Herendith my Paisley trains sermon

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    There are 4 stations in Paisley. The ones you want to head for are Gilmour Street (the main one, in the town centre and about a 15 min walk to the ground) or St James (next to the St Mirren Ground but there's nowt else there). Trains going to Greenock, Gourock and Wemyss Bay stop at both these stations. Trains for Ayr, Largs and Adrossan only stop at Gilmour Street. The other two stations are on a different railway line and are called Paisley Canal and Hawkhead. You want to give those ones a miss -even although these are the only trains that actually say Paisley as the final destination. Herendith my Paisley trains sermon
    cheers for that Buddy.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I got off at the station by the Wetherspoons, was quite a trek to the stadium I think.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    One thing to add to that is you get fast and slow trains for Gourock. Not all trains stop at St James, only the ones that stop at all stations. The fast trains first stop from Glasgow Central is Gilmour St, get off here or your next stop will be Bishopton.

Thanks for the tips guys. Have hired a car for a few days when I'm over but the train seemed the better option. Added bonus of a pie and a pint to boot :-)

Thanks for the tips guys. Have hired a car for a few days when I'm over but the train seemed the better option. Added bonus of a pie and a pint to boot :-)

Try to remember they drive on the wrong side of the road and you'll be sorted

You takin the wee man with you?

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Try to remember they drive on the wrong side of the road and you'll be sorted

You takin the wee man with you?

Aye, he's coming over, just the two of us. Gonna decide if he comes to the game at short notice depending on the weather and his Tagesform. If they get beat again though he's getting labelled a jinx and I'll buy him a season ticket for Hertha.

Aye, he's coming over, just the two of us. Gonna decide if he comes to the game at short notice depending on the weather and his Tagesform. If they get beat again though he's getting labelled a jinx and I'll buy him a season ticket for Hertha.

That's Child Cruelty!!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    There are actually 3. Paisley Gilmour st, paisley st James (for the stadium) and paisley canal.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Promising Youngster
    It's a good trek from Gilmour St to the ground but if you go in the pub by the station there's a taxi rank just there so can jump in one. There's a short-cut to the ground from the pub that goes up a big hill by a church but you need to know where you're going.
    best idea is to get off at Gilmour St for a pint then back in the station to platform 2 for the train to St. James.

If you buy a return to Glasgow, then another one to Paisley from there, its cheaper than buying a return from Edinburgh-Paisley.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Do you not have to get the train to Glasgow central - no connection via queen street ( u can walk between stations of course but its about 10mins iirc)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Do you not have to get the train to Glasgow central - no connection via queen street ( u can walk between stations of course but its about 10mins iirc)
    Pretty sure it is Central you would get the Paisley train from.

Promising Youngster
    Central for the train to Paisley.

First Team Breakthrough jon paul jones's Avatar

Buy the off peak day returns separate

Edinburgh to Glasgow QStreet/Central Off peak day return £12.60
    Glasgow to Paisley St James Off peak day return £3.60
    £16.20

Type in Edinburgh to Paisley St James return £18.50

Maybe the £2.30 is the can of bevvy I buy between Queen Street and Central??