hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So 30 yo guy skelps a 19 or 17 yo (?) man at fitba and we have several pages about a 'laddie', 'kid' etc getting a burst nose.. Jeezo, how times have changed at ER.. It's a 19 man ffs and I'm reading about big brothers and dads getting involved in finding someone who will in all honesty prob be back in his seat at the next home game.

A wee bit perspective required I think.

it gets worse, some are calling for life-time bans from ER, 10-year jail sentences, or beheadings, i'm maybe being a bit dramatic :) but....always two sides to a story, the guy that skelped the young laddie deserves to get charged with assault, maybe in future some people will keep their opinions to themselves re: other fans leaving early from a game...it's none of there ****** business if someone chooses to leave at any stage of the game

p.s. hope it doesn't put the young laddie off attending games in the future

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    if only...the worst kicking i've ever had was off hibs casuals up the town back in the bad old days...they battered my girlfriend too...and i was wearing a hibs scarf!!...i shouldn't have been a smart arse though and i might have deserved a slap...mind you, 7 or 8 against me and my girl was a bit of a liberty....still never went greetin to the world about it though..different days i suppose.
    More fool you. Sticks and stones and all that. Giving someone a slapping for something he said is what used to happen in the stone age. I'd like to think that if someone mouthed off to me, then he'd get a verbal body slam back.

Smack someone at the fitba then expect to get lifted. Thems the rules and it's good so.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I'm sorry but if someone shouts abuse at you you either do likewise in return or walk away. Violence is not acceptable. If the young lads were shouting abuse at people then they should have a word with themselves
    Not being funny mate but after reading through this thread and hearing a few things from friends. These wee neds were giving it large all game. Now don't get me wrong violence is always a last resort in any situation and should be prevented at all costs. But in the heat of the moment the guy has snapped. That doesn't excuse his actions and he should come forward and apologise. But so should the wee arse's who were shouting abuse. What I wonder is if someone had turned round and told these neds to shut it, I bet they wouldn't and prob confront that person acting hard. It's a tough lesson but maybe one that will shut up these wee idiots because I for one am sick to death of these type of fans. Sorry if this upsets there wee souls or anyone else's. So just to remind folk... No I'm not tolerating violence but I'm also not tolerating these wee dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    More fool you. Sticks and stones and all that. Giving someone a slapping for something he said is what used to happen in the stone age. I'd like to think that if someone mouthed off to me, then he'd get a verbal body slam back.

Smack someone at the fitba then expect to get lifted. Thems the rules and it's good so.
    Out of interest if you gave verbal back and then got a sore one from these idiots how would you feel? You should be lifted if your abusing another fan when that fan has done nothing but leave early.

[QUOTE=Hiberlin;3506327]More fool you. Sticks and stones and all that. Giving someone a slapping for something he said is what used to happen in the stone age. I'd like to think that if someone mouthed off to me, then he'd get a verbal body slam back.

i must live in the stone age then...i apologise for my caveman mentality but i was brought up surrounded by violent people in a violent world and i have learnt to shut my puss when required...the young man with the bendy nose and loose tongue has learnt an important lesson and he should thank the guy that whacked him for imparting his knowledge via his clenched fist.

we are now, as expected, on page 4...surely the parable of the bending nose cant reach 5 pages??....this mans nose is reaching biblical proportions...i demand a photograph to accompany the thread.

PETRIE!!!...show us the nose!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Why should he let it go? So an assault is acceptable?
    True. Not acceptable.

Also very irritating that a kid could not keep his trap shut and turned on a fellow supporter. So we are getting stuffed by a crap team and the lad decides to leave - why not? He has paid his way. Last thing you want is some immature baby slating you.

Storm in a tea cup. Get some hair on your chests bunch o blouses.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Not being funny mate but after reading through this thread and hearing a few things from friends. These wee neds were giving it large all game. Now don't get me wrong violence is always a last resort in any situation and should be prevented at all costs. But in the heat of the moment the guy has snapped. That doesn't excuse his actions and he should come forward and apologise. But so should the wee arse's who were shouting abuse. What I wonder is if someone had turned round and told these neds to shut it, I bet they wouldn't and prob confront that person acting hard. It's a tough lesson but maybe one that will shut up these wee idiots because I for one am sick to death of these type of fans. Sorry if this upsets there wee souls or anyone else's. So just to remind folk... No I'm not tolerating violence but I'm also not tolerating these wee dicks.
    I agree with most of what your saying. If these lads were being mouthy then they are out of order. What I don't agree with is that violence should be used as a last resort. I bet if it was two big hard men that had been abusing the guy he would probably have just walked away. He has hit the boy because he probably knew he wouldn't get hit back. I'm not condoning what the lads may have done as we have all suffered at the hands of these sort of people but he should have dealt with it better

I agree with most of what your saying. If these lads were being mouthy then they are out of order. What I don't agree with is that violence should be used as a last resort. I bet if it was two big hard men that had been abusing the guy he would probably have just walked away. He has hit the boy because he probably knew he wouldn't get hit back. I'm not condoning what the lads may have done as we have all suffered at the hands of these sort of people but he should have dealt with it better
    He defo should have walked away. But sadly your last sentence is exactly what we don't want. Why should we suffer abuse from fans at games. I'm going to be totally honest here, if I were attending a game with my son and started getting dogs abuse I'd report it and if it continued because I've seen it happen, the steward will just say be quiet then it starts again because **** all gets done with neds. I'd have no problem smashing one round their jaw. No one and I mean no one deserves abuse. No abuse = no one would have got hit. Blame lies firmly on these idiots for starting it.

Out of interest if you gave verbal back and then got a sore one from these idiots how would you feel? You should be lifted if your abusing another fan when that fan has done nothing but leave early.
    Yes, you're correct. The abuse should have been dealt with by the stewards as that too is out of order and if the other escalates to violence then I'd be fully justified to defend myself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a christian and don't believe all that turn the other cheek stuff, I just don't think it's right to twat someone for what if says, I'm bigger than that.

First Team Breakthrough MotherSuperior's Avatar
    Cannot believe some folk think its ok to dish out vigilante violence to youngsters!!!?

For many reasons i think that's the wrong way to deal with a situation.

But also when you take into account that this kicked off in the really steep East stand.

If it escalated into a big brawl someone could have got badly injured or worse.

[QUOTE=fat freddy;3506346]

i must live in the stone age then...i apologise for my caveman mentality but i was brought up surrounded by violent people in a violent world and i have learnt to shut my puss when required...the young man with the bendy nose and loose tongue has learnt an important lesson and he should thank the guy that whacked him for imparting his knowledge via his clenched fist.

we are now, as expected, on page 4...surely the parable of the bending nose cant reach 5 pages??....this mans nose is reaching biblical proportions...i demand a photograph to accompany the thread.

Oh that's ok then. Because it's always been that way then it should stay that way.

I too was brought up amongst violent people in a violent society, however I like to think I've evolved.

Yes, you're correct. The abuse should have been dealt with by the stewards as that too is out of order and if the other escalates to violence then I'd be fully justified to defend myself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a christian and don't believe all that turn the other cheek stuff, I just don't think it's right to twat someone for what if says, I'm bigger than that.
    I agree with you. I'm just saying the guy may have been at breaking point? After listening to it all game. It's a shame we have idiots that want to abuse other fans. It's just a game FFS. I've lost my cool at the team many times but I wouldn't scream at other fans that's not on (unless its at Hearts away ene) ;) Hopefully in future these trumpets get delt with right away and nothing more comes of it. The stadium is much better place if you feel safe and not worrying about someone ruining it for you.

People dont get hit for no reason. If he's big enough to mouth off to someone he should be big enough to get hit for it. It'll teach him to keep his mouth shut in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Diz-Astro View Post
    Cannot believe some folk think its ok to dish out vigilante violence to youngsters!!!?

For many reasons i think that's the wrong way to deal with a situation.

But also when you take into account that this kicked off in the really steep East stand.

If it escalated into a big brawl someone could have got badly injured or worse.
    I can't believe people are defending the abuse. Like I said if the arse didn't shout abuse at folk nothing would have happened. Neds get away with murder these days and everyone knows it. Also people should stop acting like this was an 8 yr old child. He's a young adult who knows right or wrong.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    He defo should have walked away. But sadly your last sentence is exactly what we don't want. Why should we suffer abuse from fans at games. I'm going to be totally honest here, if I were attending a game with my son and started getting dogs abuse I'd report it and if it continued because I've seen it happen, the steward will just say be quiet then it starts again because **** all gets done with neds. I'd have no problem smashing one round their jaw. No one and I mean no one deserves abuse. No abuse = no one would have got hit. Blame lies firmly on these idiots for starting it.
    Again I'm almost in total agreement with you mate but what I disagree with is that violence should be used to resolve this or any other situation

Again I'm almost in total agreement with you mate but what I disagree with is that violence should be used to resolve this or any other situation
    Fair dos mate, I do know what your saying its not nice to turn to violence but some folk I suppose can only handle so much while another person would have walked.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    it gets worse, some are calling for life-time bans from ER, 10-year jail sentences, or beheadings, i'm maybe being a bit dramatic :) but....always two sides to a story, the guy that skelped the young laddie deserves to get charged with assault, maybe in future some people will keep their opinions to themselves re: other fans leaving early from a game...it's none of there ****** business if someone chooses to leave at any stage of the game

p.s. hope it doesn't put the young laddie off attending games in the future
    Is that you Rod ?
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

[QUOTE=Hiberlin;3506377][QUOTE=fat freddy;3506346]
    Oh that's ok then. Because it's always been that way then it should stay that way.

I too was brought up amongst violent people in a violent society, however I like to think I've evolved.[/QUOTE]

i've not...im still radge...fancy a square go?

[QUOTE=fat freddy;3506392][QUOTE=Hiberlin;3506377]

I too was brought up amongst violent people in a violent society, however I like to think I've evolved.[/QUOTE]

That had me in fits haha.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColintonHibs View Post
    People dont get hit for no reason. If he's big enough to mouth off to someone he should be big enough to get hit for it. It'll teach him to keep his mouth shut in the future.

Are you deliberately trying to get peoples backs up with a comment like that? Or are you a

Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

[QUOTE=fat freddy;3506346]

I too was brought up amongst violent people in a violent society, however I like to think I've evolved.

First Team Breakthrough MotherSuperior's Avatar
    I can't believe people are defending the abuse. Like I said if the arse didn't shout abuse at folk nothing would have happened. Neds get away with murder these days and everyone knows it. Also people should stop acting like this was an 8 yr old child. He's a young adult who knows right or wrong.
    No one is defending the right for young radges to be allowed to spit verbal abuse at people without consequences.

Like someone mentioned, surely this was a job for the stewards.

Also as i said though, a scrap in the East stand could end up with someone getting badly hurt due to the steepness of the thing.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diz-Astro View Post
    No one is defending the right for young radges to be allowed to spit verbal abuse at people without consequences.

Like someone mentioned, surely this was a job for the stewards.

Also as i said though, a scrap in the East stand could end up with someone getting badly hurt due to the steepness of the thing.

Jeesus christ, i hope we dont score a goal against the gimps, i have seen the carnage that can cause first hand.

And the moral of the story is that "life is no' fair"

Got to say it really gets on my goat watching folk walking out on the team when they are getting hammered. What ever happened to "w'll support you evermore"
    15000 regular townies turning up to watch the team every home game and we might not have to endure people walking out early because we would have more quality players who will win more games.
    The people who walk out and those who decide to stay and support the team may not be at cross swords but there again it is Hibs supporters we are talking about after all.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Should we not just have a leave early section?

And a watch pish to the end section?

With stewards down the middle.

J

Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    Got to say it really gets on my goat watching folk walking out on the team when they are getting hammered. What ever happened to "w'll support you evermore"
    15000 regular townies turning up to watch the team every home game and we might not have to endure people walking out early because we would have more quality players who will win more games.
    The people who walk out and those who decide to stay and support the team may not be at cross swords but there again it is Hibs supporters we are talking about after all.
    I think that is a bit out of order. If you want to have a go at anyone its not the people who do turn up, buy season tickets and make it to a game on a freezing cold Monday night. If you really do want to have a go at anyone its people who don't go at all that should be your target. You have no idea why people leave early, there are all sorts of reasons but at least they turned up in the first place.

On a personal note, my wife and her family come from Darwen and although they have no one left down there now, I've been many many times.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Just read this thread and the one on the bounce.

I'm pretty much on the same page as Chaves tbh. Young man gets skelped due to his mates being erses.
    Hopefully they will shut TFU next time. Put it down to a lesson learned and move on.

If you are going to be directing insulting comments towards big angry men then you need the balls to see it through.

I've seen plenty cheeky wee fekers who think they are untouchable who need a good skelp.
    Couldn't agree more. It's how you learn.

I've never heard so much touchy feely crap in my whole life on this thread. Some people must be deliberately forgetting the way they were brought up with their contradictions.

The boy should go up to the man and offer his hand the next time he sees him and say the whole episode was out of order and he wants it to end.

That's what a man would do.

I honestly dont get folk on here. So it happened to them when they were a child/teenager/young adult, so what?! Its not acceptable to go to a football match and get punched. What about the young kids at the game that may have see this happen?
    What about other crimes that happen outside football grounds, is it ok for somebody's defence to be "well when I was a kid it happened to me" is that then acceptable?