hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The lad didn't get a sore one because of anything his mates did he got a sore one because some idiot thinks the way to resolve any sort of conflict is with violence. He should be charged by the police and never allowed to enter er again
    Did his mates not shout abuse at him then and he just randomly hit him? No place for violence at games. But If you scream abuse at other fans you think that's ok? Mental abuse is just as bad as physical.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    TBH if I saw any young laddie getting a slap from a grown man I would intervene.
    Whos pockets would you rifle through first Scouse?

On reading some of the replies to this assult, I am so happy that my own 1 year old son is growing up in a country where violence isn't acceptable in any form.

Hope the lad is ok and will be back at ER next home game

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    Whos pockets would you rifle through first Scouse?

Eh I could easily get upset at that comment but I wont.

To answer your question, my own to find my knuckle duster.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Did his mates not shout abuse at him then and he just randomly hit him? No place for violence at games. But If you scream abuse at other fans you think that's ok? Mental abuse is just as bad as physical.
    I'm sorry but if someone shouts abuse at you you either do likewise in return or walk away. Violence is not acceptable. If the young lads were shouting abuse at people then they should have a word with themselves

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Eh I could easily get upset at that comment but I wont.

To answer your question, my own to find my knuckle duster.
    I was merely playing on that well worn Stereotype, about you lot from North Gyle

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    I was merely playing on that well worn Stereotype, about you lot from North Gyle

True, I take many of the techniques learnt in North Gyle back to Old Swan (look that up).

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    but he wasnt
    But he WAS. Everyone is taking Zemmamas version of events as gospel when he wasn't even there himself. His brother has told him HIS version of events which are way off the mark. I was very close to the incident and the young guys were being mouthy all game, not least of all at the incident in question. He is NOT some innocent young boy but a mouthy ned who has run home and told mommy and big bro he was picked on for nothing. Doesn't condone violence but nor does it condone some witch hunt on a fellow Hibby.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    But he WAS. Everyone is taking Zemmamas version of events as gospel when he wasn't even there himself. His brother has told him HIS version of events which are way off the mark. I was very close to the incident and the young guys were being mouthy all game, not least of all at the incident in question. He is NOT some innocent young boy but a mouthy ned who has run home and told mommy and big bro he was picked on for nothing. Doesn't condone violence but nor does it condone some witch hunt on a fellow Hibby.
    Didn't look like a ned and certainly didn't run away from where we were.

Your mate worried about being found out?

There are plenty of mouthy children kicking about everyday. Doesn't make it ok for a fully grown adult, in his late 30s, skelping him.

Wonder if he would have fancied his chances against someone in their 20s?

Have a word.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Has this been reported to the Police. Are they investigating the assault.
    Yes.

Was just gona say I was near the incident and I didnt actually hear the lads being mouthy to anyone. Certainly not neds ether. I saw from just after the punch and the older guy looked really aggressive. Have a feeling he's not had any in a while.

Always two sides to a story right enough, however enough people have already stated a complete opposite to your view. Were you involved, or do you know the cowardly bully involved?

First Team Regular
    I was there when a statement was provided to the police and this is the only version of events I've offered.

I can't say he hasn't been mouthing off with his pals but that's certainly not the person I normally go to the games with. It's sods law I was in the West for this particular game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sect43 View Post
    Didn't look like a ned and certainly didn't run away from where we were.

Your mate worried about being found out?

There are plenty of mouthy children kicking about everyday. Doesn't make it ok for a fully grown adult, in his late 30s, skelping him.

Wonder if he would have fancied his chances against someone in their 20s?

Have a word.
    Not my mate chum, and again he is being referred to as a child, he's old enuff to be married. BTW If you also had a view why didn't you intervene? And ask yourself why no one else did.

Quote Originally Posted by thehappyhibee View Post
    I was there when a statement was provided to the police and this is the only version of events I've offered.

I can't say he hasn't been mouthing off with his pals but that's certainly not the person I normally go to the games with. It's sods law I was in the West for this particular game.
    Just maybe he behaves himself when big bro is around. Just putting another slant on it, he definitely gave the older guy a mouthful, as did his pal, don't know where the so called pals dad was, I only saw the pair of them.
    Last edited by Russ; 14-02-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Not my mate chum, and again he is being referred to as a child, he's old enuff to be married. BTW If you also had a view why didn't you intervene? And ask yourself why no one else did.
    I wanted to. But Ive learnt the hard way before not to get involved in other peoples battles.

I think the guy was wanting someone to get involved the way he kept looking back up the stand as he walked off

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Yes.

Maybe you should just let them get on with there job then regarding the matter if it is now a police matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sect43 View Post
    Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of what happened, who do folk keep referring to a 17 year old as a 'child'?

Since I was auld enough to go to football I've seen and been involved in bother. I'm still mentally recovering from the day back in 1970 when a Brylcreemed Hun pis hed doon my breeks and when I complained be punched me in the gub. I was 13 IIRC

Not been involved in any of that patter recently though - my laddies make sure I behave

I stand in the noisy bit of the East and it's quite easy to spot the odd 'ragdie gadgie'. Judging by the lingo of some posters some supporters still like to talk and act hard.

The only physical risk anyone should face at a game in this day and age is dancing about and a hug from a random stranger after a goal

Peace and love brothers and sisters

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of what happened, who do folk keep referring to a 17 year old as a 'child'?
    Sensationalism and pity, he's no more a child than the Swansea ' ball boy '.

So 30 yo guy skelps a 19 or 17 yo (?) man at fitba and we have several pages about a 'laddie', 'kid' etc getting a burst nose.. Jeezo, how times have changed at ER.. It's a 19 man ffs and I'm reading about big brothers and dads getting involved in finding someone who will in all honesty prob be back in his seat at the next home game.

A wee bit perspective required I think.

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    I wanted to. But Ive learnt the hard way before not to get involved in other peoples battles.

I think the guy was wanting someone to get involved the way he kept looking back up the stand as he walked off

Which just goes to show that this guy is a muppet. We've always had them in our support though. I got into it with a couple of guys at the back of the old east about 8 years ago. They didn't like my weegie accent so thought they'd have a go as I was on my own. Didn't last long but there are some proper twats out there .
    I'll say this though, 17/18 years old isn't a laddie or a kid .

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Maybe you should just let them get on with there job then regarding the matter if it is now a police matter.
    I took to the forums in the first instance as, being a member of both .net and the bounce, I thought I could find someone who had seen the incident and / or knew the guy who punched my brother and I'm not sure that's something the police would do. I've since spoken to the club and learned that the police have the CCTV footage and are reviewing it so the reality is, there's nothing now that I can do.

All bull****, hearsay and conjecture aside my brother's been assaulted at the football. I'd quite like the police to catch the guy that did it.

I took to the forums in the first instance as, being a member of both .net and the bounce, I thought I could find someone who had seen the incident and / or knew the guy who punched my brother and I'm not sure that's something the police would do. I've since spoken to the club and learned that the police have the CCTV footage and are reviewing it so the reality is, there's nothing now that I can do.

All bull****, hearsay and conjecture aside my brother's been assaulted at the football. I'd quite like the police to catch the guy that did it.
    Be careful you don't spoil the Police investigation and any subsequent trial with your own attempts to identify the culprit and bring him to justice.

Be careful you don't spoil the Police investigation and any subsequent trial with your own attempts to identify the culprit and bring him to justice.
    This being my point... Let the Police get on with their job. They probably will not spend too much time investigating, lack or resources and priorities and all that, but you have go to let go.

i cant believe this thread is moving onto its fourth page...what a mollycoddled lot the youth have become...i once got a doing off a big hun when i was about 12..he was steamin and i was stupidly wearing a scarf in his presence..i was battered at partick when i was 14 for trying to get back on the bus after a cup defeat....jambos gave me a kicking at 15 cos thats what they done when they caught you in those days...had lots of brushes with violent radges at matches cos radges get violent at the football but i never went greetin to anyone about it...took it on the chin and moved on....it might be a shame for the boy that got a sore puss but **** happens.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    i cant believe this thread is moving onto its fourth page...what a mollycoddled lot the youth have become...i once got a doing off a big hun when i was about 12..he was steamin and i was stupidly wearing a scarf in his presence..i was battered at partick when i was 14 for trying to get back on the bus after a cup defeat....jambos gave me a kicking at 15 cos thats what they done when they caught you in those days...had lots of brushes with violent radges at matches cos radges get violent at the football but i never went greetin to anyone about it...took it on the chin and moved on....it might be a shame for the boy that got a sore puss but **** happens.
    I have a similar history to you, but i cant remember getting a slap from our own support?

Shouldn't have happened.

Good luck mate, ignore the mongs on here, as the Scouse boy said let the polis deal with it now.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I have a similar history to you, but i cant remember getting a slap from our own support?

Shouldn't have happened.
    if only...the worst kicking i've ever had was off hibs casuals up the town back in the bad old days...they battered my girlfriend too...and i was wearing a hibs scarf!!...i shouldn't have been a smart arse though and i might have deserved a slap...mind you, 7 or 8 against me and my girl was a bit of a liberty....still never went greetin to the world about it though..different days i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody70x2 View Post
    This being my point... Let the Police get on with their job. They probably will not spend too much time investigating, lack or resources and priorities and all that, but you have go to let go.
    The polis might not spent too much time on it, but why should he let it go, some ****ing neanderthal decided to let his frustration out on some guy.