hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Matt Done

Matt Done

My Hibs MOTM today, wasn't amazing but got at his man when he could, got some good balls in and tried his heart out. Excited to see more. Well done

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    If he plays on the left he'll be a good signing, way too left footed to be on the right hand side.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackkennedy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My Hibs MOTM today, wasn't amazing but got at his man when he could, got some good balls in and tried his heart out. Excited to see more. Well done
    Just said the same to my son, him and Williams and Griffiths were my only ones who got pass marks

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Thought he was completely ineffectual myself - he had a lot of the ball, and some pace, but did next to nothing with any of it...

Will be dangerous if utilized correctly.

A different performance next time please lads.

Quote Originally Posted by M17 View Post
    If he plays on the left he'll be a good signing, way too left footed to be on the right hand side.
    He won't change him. Fenlon likes to play inverted wingers.

First Team Regular
    Even towards the end he seemed to more fight and desire than anyone on that pitch, and he's been here a couple of weeks

Thought he was okay, not to blame at all. Williams cost us #1, Maybury #2, #3 you can take your pick at the back.

He at least tried tonight.

Well done Matt.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post
    Thought he was okay, not to blame at all. Williams cost us #1, Maybury #2, #3 you can take your pick at the back.
    Partly Williams for the first, but the defence completely fell asleep, no Hibs player was anywhere near the second ball.

first game and he showed enough for me to keep him in the team

Easily the most enthusiastic player for us on the pitch. As someone else said pass marks to him, LG and Williams tonight...the rest epic fail!!

Well done Matt

Something positive out of tonights misery.

Us Hibby's will alway cheer a lad who gives his all

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Glad to hear this, nice one

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Looked lively going forward but severely lacking in an attempt to defend or track back. Reminded me of a younger Ivan just not as quick or effective. Only player to give his all for the cause tho.

@hibs.net private member
    He tried but that should be the minimum we expect from any player. It's early days but is he that much better than Ivan?

Done, Griffiths and Williams were pass marks. The rest ..

Thought Done had a decent game tonight.

The only problem with playing a winger who might be able to swing in a good cross is that we have absolutely no one in the box to pass to, No one from midfield is busting a gut to get in there and atleast one of the forwards are out on the wing because they are getting nothing centrally.

When was the last time one of our midfielders scored a goal that wasnt an outside the box screamer?

Our best outfield player by a mile. Kujabi and deGraaf also had good debuts mind

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MoantheCabbage View Post
    Thought Done had a decent game tonight.

The only problem with playing a winger who might be able to swing in a good cross is that we have absolutely no one in the box to pass to, No one from midfield is busting a gut to get in there and atleast one of the forwards are out on the wing because they are getting nothing centrally.

When was the last time one of our midfielders scored a goal that wasnt an outside the box screamer?
    Robertson used to do it often enough for D Utd.

@hibs.net private member
    Thought he gave us something different. Prepared to run at defenders and put a few decent balls in when played on the left. Especially to the front post but nobody made the run into that position.

If we maybe consider playing the ball on the ground to him instead of the millions of high balls we insist on punting straight to the opposition CHs we might see a player who can create.

Thought he and Williams were only pass marks out of starting 11

Claros ok when came on and Handling looked prepared to take folk on but not enough time

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Just said the same to my son, him and Williams and Griffiths were my only ones who got pass marks
    Opinions eh? I thought he was remarkably like Ivan second time around..........pace but no final product.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    Opinions eh? I thought he was remarkably like Ivan second time around..........pace but no final product.
    He put some effort in and did do the wing play but no one wanted to be on the end of it, I agree re Ivan though, Ivan the second time around would have fitted in beautifully, no going to argue with you that any one was a world beater last night, a real Coco the Clown era performance.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Talk about trying to make a positive out of a negative. If you honestly think that Done was your MOTM (and you are entitled to your opinion) then it doesnt really say much for the rest of them. My opinion on him, he is ordinary, three times in the first half he tried to cross the ball over and didnt manage to get it past the first defender. I honestly believe that no one at E.R. actually watched him play and that he was at least fourth, fifth or maybe even sixth choice when it came to signing a so called winger. If this is a player then our standards are slipping fast.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post
    Why does the 3rd need to be soneones fault? I thought it was a great team goal all round. #2 mayburys fault? I would say fenlons. He has obviously told msybury to show the player inside otherwise he wouldn't have done it the whole game.

As for done... Ivan without the extra pace came to mind. Always wanted the ball but not incisive ball or final product. Griffiths got pass marks btw?? Thought he was poor

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar
    Done had a decent game, tried hard, was all over the park looking for the ball & put a few decent balls into the box. I got the impression he was pretty peeved off and started dropping deep to get the ball, unfortunately the severe lack of movement throughout the team restricted what he did with it.

Robertson was a huge disappointment, he looked totally lost and I have no idea how he stayed on the park.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    He put some effort in and did do the wing play but no one wanted to be on the end of it, I agree re Ivan though, Ivan the second time around would have fitted in beautifully, no going to argue with you that any one was a world beater last night, a real Coco the Clown era performance.
    as you say though, at least he tried............ Ob reflection, I'm probably still too peed off about last night's overall performance to be too objective about the guy.

Lets see what the next few weeks bring..............
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    as you say though, at least he tried............ Ob reflection, I'm probably still too peed off about last night's overall performance to be too objective about the guy.

Lets see what the next few weeks bring..............
    Same as the last few decades I expect, it's Hibs

The only way is back up
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sir Matt Busby

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Quote Originally Posted by IFONLY View Post
    Talk about trying to make a positive out of a negative. If you honestly think that Done was your MOTM (and you are entitled to your opinion) then it doesnt really say much for the rest of them. My opinion on him, he is ordinary, three times in the first half he tried to cross the ball over and didnt manage to get it past the first defender. I honestly believe that no one at E.R. actually watched him play and that he was at least fourth, fifth or maybe even sixth choice when it came to signing a so called winger. If this is a player then our standards are slipping fast.
    Phew! Thought it was just me. Plenty of effort but no telling contribution. Never beat his fullback once, not helped by playing right side initially, first run he had it was apparent his opponent was showing him down the line onto his right - he noticed this too late and was reluctant to take the space and pretty fortunate in the end to scramble a corner.

At the first goal, he tracked back but just ran past Vine putting in no challenge/jockeying whatsoever to expose Maybury. Vine passed it, McLean I think shot and Vine followed it in. More players were culpable in that goal but I think his part doesn't reflect too well on him either.

Possible lack of fitness may have played a part, but my first impression is more Alan O'Brien than anything positive. Will be interesting to see where he is in a months time in what is a massive period for the club.