hibs.net Messageboard

Des McKeown in Today's Sun

Interesting article from Des McKeown in Today's Sun, whereby he lambasts Stewart Regan's colleagues.....(Can't add the link)

SFA was promoting the SRU Rugby match between Scotland and Italy, at a time when they should be promoting Scottish Football...Basically they were promoting free tickets to the Rugby, which may have had a detrimental effect on attendances on football matches in Scotland Today...

Nothing really surprises me where these bumbling fools are concerned.....
    Last edited by Baldy Foghorn; 09-02-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheers grunt......

Must have been a few freebies in it for themselves.

Nice meal, few free drinks with the chaps watching the egg chasing or doing their job? No brainer for the morons who are supposed to be running the game in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Must have been a few freebies in it for themselves.

Nice meal, few free drinks with the chaps watching the egg chasing or doing their job? No brainer for the morons who are supposed to be running the game in this country.
    Indeed, for me it just shows how stupid these jokers are......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Interesting article from Des McKeown in Today's Sun, whereby he lambasts Stewart Regan's colleagues.....(Can't add the link)

SFA was promoting the SRU Rugby match between Scotland and Italy, at a time when they should be promoting Scottish Football...Basically they were promoting free tickets to the Rugby, which may have had a detrimental effect on attendances on football matches in Scotland Today...

Nothing really surprises me where these bumbling fools are concerned.....
    What did Regan actually say - i dont see any quotes?

If someone offered me free tickets to watch international rugby OR a free admission to the nearest junior/senior/amateur fitba game to wherever I happened to be right at that moment then for me it's simples-round ball all the way, giant peanut chasers can go forth and multiply!

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Indeed, for me it just shows how stupid these jokers are......
    They can't be that stupid if they make a lot of money and still manage to get luxury for nowt.

They are however complete tossers of the highest order.

I receiced an email from the SRU last week in which Scotlands game against estonia was promoted so it was obviously mutually beneficial. So not having read the article it appears to be an attempt to work together and maximise supports for our national teams. In my view if it leads to bigger attendances for both matches then an excellent idea.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fife hfc View Post
    I receiced an email from the SRU last week in which Scotlands game against estonia was promoted so it was obviously mutually beneficial. So not having read the article it appears to be an attempt to work together and maximise supports for our national teams. In my view if it leads to bigger attendances for both matches then an excellent idea.
    Was there a full card of rugby matches on the night of the scotland v estonia match? Its hardly mutually beneficial if clubs are losing supporters money because they are at murrayfield