@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar

Craig Gordon

Aparently plays in goal today for Ian Murrays Dumbarton

2. Log in to remove the advert

It's a different gordon. Not plooky.

First Team Breakthrough Scottiedog007's Avatar
    Just been posted on twitter not in goals but part of today's coaching staff

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Craig Gordon ....... Not as good as Big Ben!

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Craig Gordon ..... Would nae get a game for us ;-)

What a waste of talent. A great goalkeeper who should be approaching his prime - but not even playing just now. All this despite the fact he played for them.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    He would have been on his way to 100 caps for Scotland if it wasn't for serious injury. Much better than McGregor.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a waste of talent. A great goalkeeper who should be approaching his prime - but not even playing just now. All this despite the fact he played for them.
    You can hardly blame hime for his career being ruined by injury.

Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post
    I wasn't blaming him in any way. He's been unfortunate and it's tragic that no club has taken a chance on him.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by AberGreen View Post
    Willing to make an exception for that ********.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    After the Dean Shiels penalty incident, I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    That's a theory that needs to be put to the test

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    This

****in' dirty h****s ****

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    This

****in' dirty h****s ****
    Get off that fence J.

Left by mutual consent!
    Notes taken from that game the day. Booth one of the best players on the park and was good to see Kevin Mccann again and fully fit. Livi had all the ball but Dumbarton worked hard and were clinical. Bryan Pruntys goal is one of the best if not the best goal I've ever witnessed. Chested it up and overhead kicked it into the top bag. Incredible!

Left by mutual consent!
    Also. Hibs should never have released Scougal. Great wee player and just what we need IMO

Fantastic goalkeeper. Best Scotland has had since Goram/Leighton in my opinion. Unlucky with injuries. Good luck to the boy in getting his career back on track.

Craig Gordon is the goalkeeping coach at gala fairydean.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Craig Gordon is the goalkeeping coach at gala fairydean.
    Is he finished as a player Brooster, it seems strange he's not picked up a club?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Craig Gordon is one of the biggest goalkeeping talents we've seen in the scottish game. People who say he's ***** need to get a grip. Ex jambo or not Henie a cracking talent. Shame his career seems potentially over through injury.

First Team Breakthrough Spender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    Notes taken from that game the day. Booth one of the best players on the park and was good to see Kevin Mccann again and fully fit. Livi had all the ball but Dumbarton worked hard and were clinical. Bryan Pruntys goal is one of the best if not the best goal I've ever witnessed. Chested it up and overhead kicked it into the top bag. Incredible!
    did scott smith have a good game

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    Craig Gordon is one of the biggest goalkeeping talents we've seen in the scottish game. People who say he's ***** need to get a grip. Ex jambo or not Henie a cracking talent. Shame his career seems potentially over through injury.
    This

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    It's a well known fact the victims tend to become the perpetrators. For this reason alone the spotty yam Untermensch and all his ilk should stay well away.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Craig Gordon is one of the biggest acting talents we've seen in the scottish game. People who say he's ***** need to get a grip. Ex jambo or not Henie a cracking talent. Shame his career seems potentially over through injury.
    Fixed that for you

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That's a theory that needs to be put to the test
    correct, let's do just that. he is as previously posted, and he cused Sheils and Hibs, greif that night so I have no symphathy for him. EX-JAMBO FUD

Amazingly talent, pished away on clearacil bills.
    His save from Rob Jones in the 2-2 derby just defied belief. How hes never gone onto bigger things is a mystery.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=hibs%20hearts%202-2#/watch?v=ka0Tt8Fcw40
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 10-02-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Testimonial Due
    He is/was a great keeper I don't think many will deny that, however he is a class A fudd. Il never forget that incident with dean shiels on the Boxing Day derby 2006. After shiels scored a penalty he ran to get the ball from the back of the net and plukey intentionally stood in his way and fell down like a house of cards when shiels ran into him. He then stayed on the ground for about 5 mins to ensure shiels was shown the red.
    Last edited by #FromTheCapital; 10-02-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spender View Post
    did scott smith have a good game
    Nothing special. Picked up a slight injury and it looked like Murray was telling him to keep his head up. Seemed a tad overweight/slow to me.

There's an interview with him in the Dumbarton local newspaper today. He says he definitely won't play again this season, but hasn't given up returning to football:

THERE was a great sense of anticipation at Almondvale today when the Dumbarton squad arrived with the world's eighth most expensive ever goalkeeper, Craig Gordon.

The former Scotland number one, whose save for Sunderland against Bolton was last year voted the greatest save the Premiership has ever seen, has been without a club since his release from the Black Cats in the summer, following months of injury agony.

However much to the disappointment of the Sons fans, and the relief of the Livingston support, the £9 million man was not playing, he was simply helping out as a coach.

After suffering a miserable final season with Sunderland where the 30-year-old was hampered with a number of injuries, he revealed he is still not fit and is not sure if he will ever return to playing between the posts: "I definitely won't be playing again this season, that is part of the reason I am getting into coaching, I don't know when the end might come for playing - I am certainly not ready to chuck in the towel just yet but obviously it has been a long time so I don't really know where I will be going in the future

"I am not ruling that (getting back playing) out but as time goes on it becomes increasingly more difficult to try and do that.

"But I have not 100 per cent given up on that yet, hopefully something good will happen and I will get back to playing but I have to put things in place for if that doesn't happen."

And that is where former Edinburgh derby rival, now Dumbarton manager, Ian Murray, stepped in, as Gordon continued : "Ian spoke to me when we were on Sportscene a few weeks ago about the possibility of coming in and helping out at different stages and I was very open to the prospect of that happening.

"He then called me up on Thursday and asked if I was available and I was happy to do so.

"I will give a hand whenever is necessary so it may well become a regular thing, it might not.

"I have got aspirations of one day myself, getting into coaching so it was good to have the experience and see it from a different side, as a player you don't fully understand and see what goes on behind the scenes so it was good to be part of that and see what happens."

In an action packed match which produced five goals, two penalties, a red card and a spectacular opener Gordon was impressed with what he saw as 10 man Dumbarton defeated Livingston 3-2.

The keeper was particularly taken with Bryan Prunty's overhead-kick, which opened the scoring: "Ian has definitely got the team very well organised, they have a real will to win, chucking themselves in front of balls a real determination and desire to get points for him."

"Prunty's overhead kick was an unbelievable finish, I don't think there will be too many better scored between now and the end of the season. The touch to set it up and then the execution of it was magnificent; it was a truly great goal."

While Gordon enjoyed the experience and was grateful to Murray for giving him the opportunity, the Dumbarton boss was delighted to be able to call on a 30-year-old with 40 Scotland caps and almost 100 Premiership appearances, he explained: "To get someone of his magnitude, of his experience will help our goalkeepers and we may need another goalie after today so we will see!"

Murray also confirmed Gordon is helping on an informal basis, free of charge but he will be handed greater responsibility on Tuesday night: "Craig is just helping out as he is looking to get back playing in the summer - we needed an extra body, an extra set of hands in to help us, it won't be an every week thing but whenever he can help us he will.

"He will help us whenever he can, he helped us today and he will take the reserve team on Tuesday night down at Queen of the South because I will be playing."

While Dumbarton fans will be delighted with Murray's latest recruit even they would agree it would be great to have the man who inspired Scotland to two victories over France back to fitness and back playing at the highest level.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Amazingly talent, pished away on clearacil bills.
    His save from Rob Jones in the 2-2 derby just defied belief. How hes never gone onto bigger things is a mystery.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=hibs%20hearts%202-2#/watch?v=ka0Tt8Fcw40
    The best save I've ever witnessed peering round those old pillars