hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough stuart62's Avatar

Danny Swanson ( talksport )

Just been talking about DS on talksport, seemingly they had been having a go at him, saying that it's not working out for him down there and the 'wag' started going off on one at the presenter !
    Anyhow it turns out that Darren ferguson has now said that he was going to go out on loan on transfer deadline day but it all fell through,

Anyone know if it was Hibs that he was talking to and if so why did it fall through ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough gackohibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gackochan PSN ID: Gackochan
    he apparently hates it there and was in talks with Hibs.

Apparently it was down to wages where negotiations broke down. PETRIE!!!

Sauce? Family of DS

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gackohibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Sauce? Family of DS
    Surely not !!!!!

Be same situation as Wylde I would suspect

Sauce? Family of DS
    I find this sort of thing amusing. Unless we were offering zero contribution to his wages they're losing out?

I thought it might have been us, I'm sure one of our guys in the know said we were talking to him, getting a bit fed up losing out on players like DS and Wylde due to Petrie not offering enough towards wages, we've only got 4 months to pay, hardly breaking the bank offering say an extra £2G a week to land a good quality player, ffs we got £82G from sky for the Aberdeen game !!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart62 View Post
    I thought it might have been us, I'm sure one of our guys in the know said we were talking to him, getting a bit fed up losing out on players like DS and Wylde due to Petrie not offering enough towards wages, we've only got 4 months to pay, hardly breaking the bank offering say an extra £2G a week to land a good quality player, ffs we got £82G from sky for the Aberdeen game !!

Rod knows best.

Always seems to be the cry when we don't sign someone that we didn't offer enough, it's all speculation. We've done plenty of business during the window yet some folk always seem to think the available cash should be stretched further. I wonder what they do in their own lives with their own finances.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 05-02-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    How much were the clubs wanting us to pay?

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    If he had been in anyway affordable in sure we would have gotten him

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Didn't Danny Swanson have the chance to join Hibs in the summer? Any reason he went to Peterborough instead?

@hibs.net private member
    I love the way Hibs fans are desperate to spend STF money. None of us know if Wylde or Swanson were affordable. If they are on £8k a week and their teams wanted 50%--60% how can we pay that. FFS we only got just over 8000 fans there on Sunday.

I heard that and wondered if it was us that were in for him. Most likely was, shame it fell through.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    If its all true and he was interested in coming to hibs then surely he doesnt hate his present club that much or he wouldve taken a reduction in wages.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbymick View Post
    If its all true and he was interested in coming to hibs then surely he doesnt hate his present club that much or he wouldve taken a reduction in wages.
    Don't think the wage thing will be down to players, he's contracted to the club and if they pay him £10k a week, that's what he'll get, our limit is about say £3k and parent club wants 50% of his wages paid, we won't pay the extra £2k.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I love the way Hibs fans are desperate to spend STF money. None of us know if Wylde or Swanson were affordable. If they are on £8k a week and their teams wanted 50%--60% how can we pay that. FFS we only got just over 8000 fans there on Sunday.
    I'm pretty sure there are posters who think getting a player in on loan costs nothing.
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are posters who think getting a player in on loan costs nothing.
    I'm sure your right. However if Swanson really wanted to come he could have reduced his salary. Most prefer to sit on the bench and take the money

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I'm sure your right. However if Swanson really wanted to come he could have reduced his salary. Most prefer to sit on the bench and take the money
    I got some good loan deals on Championship Manager roundabout 2003.

Sauce? Family of DS
    Red or Brown?...lol

It's not up to him to reduce salary, he has a contract and his parent club will want a certain percentage of that paid by us, if it's too much we wont pay it.

That 82g will go towards trying to break even this year or will have possibly have went towards reducing the money we've probably already over stretched this season.

I would never expect Hibs to spend money we don't have, I'll leave that up to the muppets at the PBS, it's just like someone said if they're not playing anyway why not let them go out on loan and save a couple of grand a week. I'm sure we'd have bitten Mortons hand off to take Kuqi on half salary, lol

I suppose they have to look at risks like players getting injured etc. hopefully once we get a couple more off the wage bill in the summer we might be able to go back in for these guys.

Also glad we're going for a bit better quality signing than we have in the past

Danny was never and will never be in talks with hibs. Defo not hibs on tdd. The source....himself

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    Danny was never and will never be in talks with hibs. Defo not hibs on tdd. The source....himself
    How do u mean he "will never be in talks with hibs." Strange comment to make in my opinion. I know Hibs were offered Danny on loan at the same time as Scott Robertson and Gregg Wylde from their respective clubs. Hibs chose to pursue Wylde and also arranged the deal for Robertson. The Wylde deal fell through and Hibs subsequently signed Done. If Hibs had wanted to sign Swanson on loan they could've and would've.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Ill informed nonsense, you do know the English championship clubs can still loan players in and out.

The parent club can get much more than Scottish teams are willing to pay from clubs in their own league or even league 1.

Why would any club take 3k a week when they could get 5k or even 6k from an English club, they are not charity's?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    He's on a very low basic; and nothing like the sum above.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    We put a £900,000 loss on our accounts last year, the last thing we need is to turn into the that lot across the road by spending to much on players. Rod is an accountant when we have it he will spend it i.e. £350,000 on riordan.

Quote Originally Posted by yekimevol View Post
    £350,000 on riordan.
    So, let me get this straight. We got Riordan back for more than we made from him? So many things went wrong with that guy. Don't get me wrong, he was my idol, but we (and he) could've got a lot more out of that talent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cant believe some of the stuff re-Swanson. a Hibs fan? ..maybe. a good player...so,so. consistantly good...well,look at his 90min performances/appearances while at D.Utd. no mercenary tendancies like most football players these days? ma erse! and add to that his agent's 10%

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    I think some people think hibs have an endless bank account. I think it's the same people, though, that take their families to Disneyland on overdrafts and loans.

I.e. non-realists.

Poster TheCat seemed well informed about the Wylde deal and made it clear that the deal fell collapsed through no fault of Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tó Madeira View Post
    I think some people think hibs have an endless bank account. I think it's the same people, though, that take their families to Disneyland on overdrafts and loans.

I.e. non-realists.
    Correct. *****ing money on wages of the likes of Shefki and Kubjabi doesn't help matters though when we have no money in the first place.

£900k loss was down to league position, 1 home derby and falling crowds oh and also paying off Coco the clown instead of taking compensation for him.

Fenlon obviously thinks none will do a better job than the likes of Swanson as there was evidently cash there for one of the players. I hope he's made the right decision.