hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Jorge Claros

Jorge Claros

Reading the Evening News article, it looks like he enjoys being in Edinburgh and playing for Hibs. I really loved his reaction to Wotherspoon's goal against THEM.

Good luck when he plays in the World Cup Qualifier.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-ev...aith-1-2771484

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Jorge is my current cult hero - when he is on song we play so much better

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Good to see he's put back his trip to join up with his national team so he can play against the dons in the cup.

Really glad he is staying. Too player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DylanCrosbieI9I
    I love the boy I can see him signing a deal in the summer for us he seems a nice loyal player and he rarely puts a foot wrong now a days, his english has came on a barrel load since last season.
    Viva claros.

Class act. I'd love him to stay permanently, and I think he would like to as well.

Glad to hear he's staying for the cup game on Sunday.

He's certainly played well this season, a lot better than last season anyway and I've no doubts that the fact his family has now joined him in Scotland has really helped him.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultrabee1-0 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love the boy I can see him signing a deal in the summer for us he seems a nice loyal player and he rarely puts a foot wrong now a days, his english has came on a barrel load since last season.
    Viva claros.
    Couldn't have put it better - he come across as a genuine guy too

Honestly fantastic. Mon the ****ing cabbage! X

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell The Dug View Post
    Honestly fantastic. Mon the ****ing cabbage! X
    how some people on here cant see he is a brill player is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGavBragh View Post
    Class act. I'd love him to stay permanently, and I think he would like to as well.
    I would agree with that. Honduras rates as one of the most violent countries in the world. I think Jorge would prefer the relative safety of Scotland (Deegan attacking neds excepted!) as he seems to adore his wife and kid.

Coaching Staff
    For my part, he and his family are very welcome in our city and our country. Hope he signs a permo after all of this. On his game, he's exactly what we need.

Claros would happily stay in Edinburgh for another 5 years if he could. He loves this city and he is understanding our game a lot more now. His family don't want to leave and that also played a big part in him staying. He's genuinely loves Hibs and also can't stand that mob over the road. I hope come the summer we tie him down for another couple of years. He's a class player.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quality player and seems to be a nice guy as well, the Neutrals I watch games with nearly always see him as one of our better players / passers, I think he really does have a football brain on him, delighted he has signed again, love to keep him.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Claros would happily stay in Edinburgh for another 5 years if he could. He loves this city and he is understanding our game a lot more now. His family don't want to leave and that also played a big part in him staying. He's genuinely loves Hibs and also can't stand that mob over the road. I hope come the summer we tie him down for another couple of years. He's a class player.
    I hope he stays too, i never thought id say that after last season, but he's converted me 100%. Every team needs a player like him, and we'd miss him big style if he left imo. He always likes to keep the ball, he wont give it away cheaply, but if he does misplace a pass, nobody in the team works harder at getting it back.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I hope he stays too, i never thought id say that after last season, but he's converted me 100%. Every team needs a player like him, and we'd miss him big style if he left imo. He always likes to keep the ball, he wont give it away cheaply, but if he does misplace a pass, nobody in the team works harder at getting it back.

That's about right. And I'm convinced he could do equally well in a more advanced midfield role if ever he was asked to play there.

Maybe play him alongside Craig next year if he does sign on perm, and we'll see the best of him, just now you can tell he's a player but imo he needs to play alongside a guy who gets forward more so he can concentrate on what he does best - getting the ball and passing. Glad he's still here though, has class.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post

That's about right. And I'm convinced he could do equally well in a more advanced midfield role if ever he was asked to play there.
    I think he could too, although i don't think he'd be a player who'd break into the box and score bundles of goals, he has the ability to make a pass further up the park.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    He has adapted really well in his time with us. but I wouldn't blame anyone who thought that we had been sold a pup based on his first outings. Now as much as we can see his improvement and his potential, the person that really needs to show his trust in him is Pat Fenlon, and he can start by picking a midfield that compliments his abiliities rather than stifles them by picking players that are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    He has adapted really well in his time with us. but I wouldn't blame anyone who thought that we had been sold a pup based on his first outings. Now as much as we can see his improvement and his potential, the person that really needs to show his trust in him is Pat Fenlon, and he can start by picking a midfield that compliments his abiliities rather than stifles them by picking players that are similar.
    Yip i'd agree with most of that, and Pat has brought in 2 midfielders in the last week in Robertson and Done who will hopefully help in making us more creative.

In my opinion Claros, along with Leigh, is the most naturally gifted player at the club.

I would be absolutely thrilled if we managed to get him on a permanent contract at the end of the season, as we would either have a player who would go on to do great for the club, or would make the club a tidy profit from a big money move.

The guy moved from Honduras to Scotland and people expected him to hit the ground running. Ok players sometimes manage it but it should never be expected. I also didn't realise he never saw his son for the first three months of his life which obviously make it worse.

Jorge Claros is a class act!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGavBragh View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    That's exactly how I feel about him BH. He's a hard worker and he rarely gives the ball away. Last season I couldn't care less if he went but he's defo a player we can't afford to lose right now.