hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Transfer Deadline Day - Back to drawing board

What the hell, the worst deadline day in history, I recon White and Sawyer ****** all our transfer dealings with wearing yellow again this year. FFS come out with sumit different man.

On a serious note, I feel a wee bit underwhelmed by this window, not saying we aint done good things with renewing the loans etc, just cant help feeling weve missed the boat a wee bit. Mind thats easy to say casue we dont know what goes on behind the sceen's, and probably not with a want of trying.

As much as ive been a massive fan of PF and I still am, I just hope these additions add that different dimention and we dont pitter out like Yogis team did. If we dont improve from recent weeks despite being relativly hard to beat I feel it could be a tough 2nd half of the season.

Anyone that has seen my posts will see ive been very supportive of the changing culture and fortunes at Hibs since PF came in, I just hope we have enough to kick on the rest of the season and if I am honest, I feel a wee bit unsure if we have. Thats not pre-judging Robertson and Done, not at all, just not convinved our lack of width has been addressed.

it may be that this is the next part of PF's jigsaw and I know people will come along and say its a work in progree (I am one of these people), however you have a great opportunity to kick on this season and I hope we aint missed it.

Roll on the sheep.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I'm absolutely delighted with our work this month.

We kept all 3 loanees, something I never thought would happen, signed Craig for the summer and brought in Robertson and Done.

We also shipped out 7 wages.

That's a better window than anyone else in Scotland.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

We kept all 3 loanees, something I never thought would happen, signed Craig for the summer and brought in Robertson and Done.

You are definitely a half glass full man.

We've picked up 10 points out of our last 12 games, we can't score if Griffiths doesn't, and yet we don't sign anybody new that seems capable of knocking in more than one goal every three months.

If we don't pull out a surprise from the out of contracts over the next few days, I don't see anything improving.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Who did we ship out.

Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post

We've picked up 10 points out of our last 12 games, we can't score if Griffiths doesn't, and yet we don't sign anybody new that seems capable of knocking in more than one goal every three months.

If we don't pull out a surprise from the out of contracts over the next few days, I don't see anything improving.
    Great post mate. Couldny agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Who did we ship out.
    Galbraith. Was he number 7?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

But what makes you think that the likes of Robertson & Done won't help Sparky, Doyle, Caldwell, Cairney, score more? As well as grabbing half a dozen goals each?

We've signed half of a new midfield which both happen to be attacking, so lets be positive. 90% of PF's signings have been decent, Pats built from the back, so lets think that these 2 will help us create more.

Forward reinforcements definitely needed. Out of contracts I've actually heard of;

Louis Saha
    Kris Boyd
    Derek Riordan
    Garry O'Connor
    Junior Agogo
    Craig Beattie *erects shield*
    David Suazo
    Ireneusz Jeleń
    Simon Vukčević

We can immediately rule out Riordan, O'Connor and Agogo (if it didn't work last time it isn't going to work this time either), Beattie (fat unfit jambo *******), and probably Saha and Vukčević (been on Premier Leauge wages for so long they'd not even consider us and our paltry wage structure).

David Suazo has enough quality to do a good job in the SPL - he was sensational in his first Catania stint, but his move to Inter Milan really messed up his career. He has been without a club for six months now which means he may be nowhere near match fitness at the moment and therefore no good for throwing into the side any time soon.

I think it'll have to be Kris Boyd then...

Saha haha!

@hibs.net private member

Absolutely delighted would be overcooking it but I'm pretty pleased with the way things have shaped up.

I was quietly confident about securing at least a couple of our loan stars but securing all three is undeniably a result so great start there!

Robertson - seems like a great capture - a forward going midfielder with a couple of caps under his belt already, signed up for 2 and a half seasons. I'm not expecting Russel Latapy but I'm hopeful he'll help address our lack of adventurousness from that area.

Craig -genuinely quite an exciting signing IMO - one of the players that has really made St Johnstone tick in recent seasons and will improve our team. Pleasing that fairly strenuous attempts seem to have been made to pry him away - at least we're trying!

Done - Left wing is the position that had to be filled and all eyes will be on this guy to see if he can do the bizz. He's made a good progression up the english leagues playing 44 games in the Championship according to wiki (4 goals) so the signs are hopeful. When all's said and done, if Done does the business on the left we could yet look back on this window and say it was delightful!

I agree, pretty pleased.

Btw who have we released / sold this window?

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    I agree, pretty pleased.

Btw who have we released / sold this window?

The people farmed out on loan will maybe be getting their wages covered by the other teams. Only Galbraith has been released as far as I know.

First Team Regular
    Smith, Stanton, Antell, Monaghan, sproule that's 5...

Have Galbraith and kujabi been launched?

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    DG, and there's two Smiths out in loan ;)

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875

This. (although I cannae think of the 7)

Duno where 7 cones from u can hardly count month loan deals etc is farmed out wages!! Apart from sproule is anyone officially away from the club?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds green View Post
    Duno where 7 cones from u can hardly count month loan deals etc is farmed out wages!! Apart from sproule is anyone officially away from the club?
    I guess I can count what I like if it's saving us cash, but according to the official site it's 7 Wages out. 2 permanently and 5 till the end of the season at least.

1. Calum Antell - extended loan at East Fife until the end of the season
    2. Danny Galbraith - contract terminated by mutual consent
    3. Harry Monaghan - extended loan to Annan Athletic until the end of the season
    4. Euan Smith - loan to Arbroath until the end of the season
    5. Scott Smith - loan to Dumbarton until the end of the season
    6. Ivan Sproule - permanent move to Ross County
    7. Sammy Stanton - extended loan at Cowdenbeath until the end of the season

If there's another months loan on top of that, all the better.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 01-02-2013 at 06:48 AM.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I'd bet you hibs are still picking up the tab for at least 50% of these players wages.

I guess I can count what I like if it's saving us cash, but according to the official site it's 7 Wages out. 2 permanently and 5 till the end of the season at least.

1. Calum Antell - extended loan at East Fife until the end of the season
    2. Danny Galbraith - contract terminated by mutual consent
    3. Harry Monaghan - extended loan to Annan Athletic until the end of the season
    4. Euan Smith - loan to Arbroath until the end of the season
    5. Scott Smith - loan to Dumbarton until the end of the season
    6. Ivan Sproule - permanent move to Ross County
    7. Sammy Stanton - extended loan at Cowdenbeath until the end of the season

If there's another months loan on top of that, all the better.
    You can add Martin Scott. I would imagine Hibs are still paying part of the wages for these guys on loan but as you say we will be making some savings. Im happy with the transfer window dealings, 3 loans extended plus 2 players in. Cant really complain about that. Its now up to the manager and players to pick up the pace again and get us back on track.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm happy enough with our new additions but let's not overegg the pudding. Only Aberdeen have LESS new faces than us for second half of season...............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20915156

I am pleased we signed Robertson, and it's a pity we couldn't bring forward the Craig move but at least he's a very decent player we know we have coming.

What does concern me a wee bit are the loan deals. Don't get me wrong, I am delighted we managed to extend McGivern and Griffiths' deals (I'm yet to be convinced with Claros TBH). And hopefully Done will do well. But it means there's always that bit of uncertainty. I imagine that could be quite tough for Pat, when he's trying to achieve some stability for us: eg not knowing whether the last game before the transfer window was going to be our loanees final game or if something would be arranged to keep them here.

Obviously we do have to make clever use of the loan market, the money's just not there to be paying huge fees. But it sometimes feels like we're a constant re-building project.
    Last edited by McHibby; 01-02-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Did you go to the Fifa 13 school of football? 'We can't score goals, we need better strikers'

Maybe adding a winger and a good midfielder will help?

We have improved our team mid season.

That's the best any team can do in January.

If people thought we were suddenly going to make huge strides forward, they were living in cloud cuckoo land.

We could have lost all 3 of our loan players. We kept them. That's a massive success.

We have signed a tall, energetic midfield player, exactly what we've been crying our for. Success.

We also have a winger to give us the width, and the out balls, we so desperately need. Success.

We've also planned for the future by getting Craig on pre contract.

We should be celebrating not whinging.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    I'm happy enough with our new additions but let's not overegg the pudding. Only Aberdeen have LESS new faces than us for second half of season...............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20915156
    You seem to be counting the loan extensions for other clubs, but not Hibs.

Overall, we've been busier than anyone else.

Blog Entries
    We have improved our team mid season.

That's the best any team can do in January.

If people thought we were suddenly going to make huge strides forward, they were living in cloud cuckoo land.

We could have lost all 3 of our loan players. We kept them. That's a massive success.

We have signed a tall, energetic midfield player, exactly what we've been crying our for. Success.

We also have a winger to give us the width, and the out balls, we so desperately need. Success.

We've also planned for the future by getting Craig on pre contract.

We should be celebrating not whinging.
    Not everybody is whinging. I'm just curious why some people appear to be positively orgasmic about our dealings. I worry about your blood pressure Mr Radge should we ever truly have an amazing transfer window

Blog Entries
    You seem to be counting the loan extensions for other clubs, but not Hibs.

Overall, we've been busier than anyone else.
    I discounted all loan extensions. Only counting new faces at clubs. We will have to agree to disagree on this one Hibbyradge.

Coaching Staff
    I'll wait and see what players like Done and Robertson can offer this side - but I'm very unhappy at Hibs this window to be honest. No 'The Rangers', with second in our sights, and on a poor run of form football wise, the team is/was crying out for creativity and width/pace - we've signed one player, someone no one has real knowledge of, who has had injuries and no real game time throughout the course of the season.

It shows, for me, Hibs are really struggling financially (as all clubs are) and that there is no proper ambition to grab that second spot from our rivals - Hibs could have made an impressive statement by getting in Wylde, Craig and Taylor - can I be really honest here - I wasn't too fussed about Jorge Claros, as for me (only opinion), he's never truly been up with the pace of a game for 90 minutes. But I could say that about Stevenson, Wotherspoon and a couple of others if I'm equally honest.

Priorities in this side are the attacking options and pace. Sadly I can't see where it's coming from after this window.

I know that is very harsh, perhaps too harsh from me - but it's the way I feel waking up today. I'm particularly disappointed at not getting Liam Craig in.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I'll wait and see what players like Done and Robertson can offer this side - but I'm very unhappy at Hibs this window to be honest. No 'The Rangers', with second in our sights, and on a poor run of form football wise, the team is/was crying out for creativity and width/pace - we've signed one player, someone no one has real knowledge of, who has had injuries and no real game time throughout the course of the season.

It shows, for me, Hibs are really struggling financially (as all clubs are) and that there is no proper ambition to grab that second spot from our rivals - Hibs could have made an impressive statement by getting in Wylde, Craig and Taylor - can I be really honest here - I wasn't too fussed about Jorge Claros, as for me (only opinion), he's never truly been up with the pace of a game for 90 minutes. But I could say that about Stevenson, Wotherspoon and a couple of others if I'm equally honest.

Priorities in this side are the attacking options and pace. Sadly I can't see where it's coming from after this window.

I know that is very harsh, perhaps too harsh from me - but it's the way I feel waking up today. I'm particularly disappointed at not getting Liam Craig in.
    We've effectively made 5 signings in this window, with one coming in the summer. How much more would constitute ambition for you? You've acknowledged the struggles financially so I'm pretty confused as to how much more than this you'd consider ambitious. That's (at least) two windows in a row we've had much more activity than any other team in the league. How you can criticise anyone for having a lack of ambition is pretty amazing.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

We signed two (one on loan till season end) and re-signed three.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Not everybody is whinging. I'm just curious why some people appear to be positively orgasmic about our dealings. I worry about your blood pressure Mr Radge should we ever truly have an amazing transfer window
    Come on Spike, nobody is getting orgasmic mate but I personally think we have done pretty well. Long time since I had an orgasm right enough though. :-(