hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Unlucky Games

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike

Unlucky Games

I've seen on numerous threads now, posts describing how we have been dire all season and whenever we got a good result it was solely down to luck.

In principle I disagree with this, however there are some games I'll concede that we were lucky to win.

However, there have been a number of games where we have done more than enough to win, only to drop points.

Just off of the top of my head (there will be more) I can think of:

Hearts 1-1: controlled it from start to finish, had it not been for Maybury's error we would have won.

Inverness 2-2: again, created multiple chances and should have won.

Aberdeen 0-1: were all over them, created multiple good chances, just nothing ended up sitting nicely for Doyle and Griffiths in the final 3rd.

I wasn't at the Motherwell game so I'm not including it. However from my friends and family who did attend I was told we controlled the game for about 2 thirds of the match, only for our defence to switch off towards the end

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by fergy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen on numerous threads now, posts describing how we have been dire all season and whenever we got a good result it was solely down to luck.

In principle I disagree with this, however there are some games I'll concede that we were lucky to win.

However, there have been a number of games where we have done more than enough to win, only to drop points.

Just off of the top of my head (there will be more) I can think of:

Hearts 1-1: controlled it from start to finish, had it not been for Maybury's error we would have won.

Inverness 2-2: again, created multiple chances and should have won.

Aberdeen 0-1: were all over them, created multiple good chances, just nothing ended up sitting nicely for Doyle and Griffiths in the final 3rd.

I wasn't at the Motherwell game so I'm not including it. However from my friends and family who did attend I was told we controlled the game for about 2 thirds of the match, only for our defence to switch off towards the end
    Don't think we controlled the first derby from start to finish but if there was a derserved winner on that day it would have been us. Them taking a point was not day light robbery.

Yes, we absolutely beasted Inverness in the first half but after taking a 2-0 lead points should not really be dropped and there is more to it than bad luck if we do drop points.

Aberdeen game we deserved at least a draw and were unlucky that day.

Motherwell game was dire until we scored but again bad luck cannot be cited as a reason for throwing away a 2 goal lead.