hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does anyone know what style of play PF had Bohemians playing?

Does anyone know what style of play PF had Bohemians playing?

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Yes, he had them playing a winning style.

Usually a winning one.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This. He can play how he likes if he gets the results and trophies here as he did there.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This. He can play how he likes if he gets the results and trophies here as he did there.
    Having been through the Alex Miller years I feel playing a decent brand of fitba is at least as important. We won a trophy then but it was one of the most depressing times to be a supporter.

Did he have his side going out and being rolled over by the same team 3 times in the same season?
    A side which, losing once to is poor, let alone every time.

I heard they were the Barcelona of Irish fitbaw.
    It's just the disease of being Hibernian FC manager.

Really?? Not for me. attacking football first please.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Shock, it takes more than a season to go from dire relegation battlers into European contending, samba style entertainers.

@hibs.net private member
    But he's not getting results and is playing awful football.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Shock, it takes more than a season to go from dire relegation battlers into European contending, samba style entertainers.
    No! No! No! We should do it immediately otherwise everybody including the fans should be sacked. I want 2nd and the cup and somebody selling macaroon bars & spearmint chewing gum or I winnae be back
    Last edited by Saorsa; 31-01-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Okay, so we tried to attack in away games and were getting turned over. We tightened up and go some draws at places like Tynie and Todders. Are you saying you preferred the gubbinhs as we tried to attack a bit more?

I want winning football preferably with a bit of style. I'll take what we can get results wise right now though seeing as we have gone from 11th to 4th in just over half a season.

What we'd all want is surely to be tempered with a slight bit of realism right now, no? If the negativity spreads we will make sure we aren't helping. That what we want out of this?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Did he have his side going out and being rolled over by the same team 3 times in the same season?
    A side which, losing once to is poor, let alone every time.

I heard they were the Barcelona of Irish fitbaw.
    It's just the disease of being Hibernian FC manager.
    I think that is unfair, Ross County are a team that are very physical and very defensive and can seal teams out effectively. The space between defence and midfield in their team after they got a goal on the break was very congested, they got their goal against the run of play then didn't create much after. Also the pitch didn't help any style of play and if the ball was hit long it was dealt with by the experienced Munro or Boyd and Kovacevic would also be tall enough to get their head on the ball before Griffiths.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    I imagine you'd be gutted if he won 3 titles and 2 cups here then?

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    This is Hibs.net, don't bring your logic in here.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Wish he would try it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

I want winning football preferably with a bit of style. I'll take what we can get results wise right now though seeing as we have gone from 11th to 4th in just over half a season.
    Agreed that patience is required. However our current 4th position should not be used as the extent of our progress, as the season is not over - If we finish 10th after all is said and done, are we really entitled to say 'but we were fourth for ages'?

League position isnt everything anyway. Ive been a much happier Hibee with teams finishing 6th, than for examples Yogi's 4th place.

Fenlons post match comments however do suggest that he is patently aware that we carry little threat goal scoring wise. He tried putting on attacking players - didnt work. He may need to think about tactics and formation too. However If our midfield has no pace, then we will need to defend the rest of the season and take what we can. It IS horrible to watch however - and will not motivate our attacking players.

We wont be relegated and thats the main thing - that is progress. But now I say go for it a bit more formation wise and go fighting.You never know we might actually win some games!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWB1RVahg-0

Thats a link to Bohemians managed by PF in the 2008 Cup Final. Bohemians did the double that season. Wee chat with Pat too after they lifted the cup......might be a premonition!

First Team Breakthrough HibeeHendo's Avatar
    Better standard their than the SPL.

Quote Originally Posted by exHIBition View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWB1RVahg-0

Thats a link to Bohemians managed by PF in the 2008 Cup Final. Bohemians did the double that season. Wee chat with Pat too after they lifted the cup......might be a premonition!
    I see Sam Morrow scored both goals for Derry and Deegan was playing for Bohemians

still waiting on the Bohs v Hibs game that was supposed to be part of the deal that brought Fenlon to the Holy Ground. Was it not a benefit game to bring in extra cash for cash the strapped Dubliners?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    still waiting on the Bohs v Hibs game that was supposed to be part of the deal that brought Fenlon to the Holy Ground. Was it not a benefit game to bring in extra cash for cash the strapped Dubliners?
    Thats the next scheme Vlad is exploring, every hearts fan will be asked to cash in on their spare cash. For every spare tenner, Vlad will give them a fiver. Every spare £50 note Vlad promises them a minimum of £30, and for those with a few more bob in the bank just lying there doing nothing, better rates can be negotiated.

I really think this would go down a bomb with those idiots?
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 05-02-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Gangnam style.

I believe the style of play Fenlon preferred in the league of Ireland was winning. This was concept that wasn't applied by a string of previous Managers since Mowbray. In all seriousness though I think that Fenlon halts the defeats particularly against Hearts then he will play a team with more flair. Right now he is building confidence and rebuilding a team. I would be surprised if he has 20% of the squad he wants (signed and not loans) out of the squad of 18 to 20 players named in the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis-1875 View Post
    Better standard their than the SPL.
    Have a word with yourself! Have you ever watched any League of Ireland games?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    But he's not getting results and is playing awful football.
    Thats just not true though is it?

More points already than the whole of last season and the later stages of the Scottish Cup again suggest we are getting results.

There have been disappointing results and at times the football hasnt been fantastic. However I think making us hardrr to beat was always going to be the 1st step. The players who can get us off our seats and win games should, and more than likely will, be added this summer.

Doesnt suit some peoples agenda to see the bigger picture or have a wee bit patience though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

More points already than the whole of last season and the later stages of the Scottish Cup again suggest we are getting results.

There have been disappointing results and at times the football hasnt been fantastic. However I think making us hardrr to beat was always going to be the 1st step. The players who can get us off our seats and win games should, and more than likely will, be added this summer.

Doesnt suit some peoples agenda to see the bigger picture or have a wee bit patience though.

Thankyou for a commonsense post

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

100% spot on. I'm staggered some folk can't see the bigger picture?

For those suggesting fenlon isnt getting results...have a word ah?? More points than last season already, last 8 of cup and unbeaten against THEM this season!!!

So is that not progress??? If not, why not???

Because we don't play like 70s Brazil.

@hibs.net private member
    So the question was what style of football did PF have Bohemians playing?

A couple of answers have been “winning”. Can I read into it that this means poor to watch but effective?