hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ivan

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic

Ivan

That dreaded thread after tonight. He did it. He did what we all feared but were well aware he was capable off. Will admit I've been on the bevy tonight but after losing 20 pound on the table I look to the screen and see the Spl highlights. And saw ivan scoring the goal which broke my heart to watch. Not coz he scored but his reaction. Almost gutted he had to do it. There are many players I liked growing up a hibs fan that when they scores against us I was gutted. Your Riordans, Browns, Stokes, hell even Thompson. But watching ivan score left me feeling more gutted than I've felt this whole season. Can't help but think we have made a mistake letting ivan go. There is no Hibee here that could say a bad thing about our ivan and even after tonight we will still love him. Cult hero

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That dreaded thread after tonight. He did it. He did what we all feared but were well aware he was capable off. Will admit I've been on the bevy tonight but after losing 20 pound on the table I look to the screen and see the Spl highlights. And saw ivan scoring the goal which broke my heart to watch. Not coz he scored but his reaction. Almost gutted he had to do it. There are many players I liked growing up a hibs fan that when they scores against us I was gutted. Your Riordans, Browns, Stokes, hell even Thompson. But watching ivan score left me feeling more gutted than I've felt this whole season. Can't help but think we have made a mistake letting ivan go. There is no Hibee here that could say a bad thing about our ivan and even after tonight we will still love him. Cult hero
    Apparently he wasn't good enough for us though.

@hibs.net private member
    Just because he scored a goal against us, doesn't make him suddenly good. He had been poor for us ever since coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Just because he scored a goal against us, doesn't make him suddenly good. He had been poor for us ever since coming back.
    I would have utilised him in a different way. He has scored a few goals for them now hasn't he?

Was he worse than what was in front of him at ER?

I guess if we were a more attacking force, it would have suited him a lot more.

I'll miss the wee man! 1 Ivan Sproule!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post

He never done it for us second time around, he's gone, good luck to him let's move on eh.

Time to move on wee legend mind that dance!!

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Not really poor for us, poorly utilised for us!!

What was his reaction to scoring last night? Did he celebrate it wildly or was he more subdued (I don't have a problem if he celebrated but would like to think that it was maybe the latter after his "ill bleed green and white" comment.)

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Hibee View Post
    Not really poor for us, poorly utilised for us!!
    Really poor for us is about right.

I still think there has been a bit of a up by paddy, rod or both by letting him go to RC before we played them. Ok, we never expected him to have such an impact and hindsight is a wonderful thing. Surely if RC wanted him that bad, we could/should have said "you can have him on jan 31st". We could have even disguised it by saying "we can't let him go until we get someone in to replace him"
    Last edited by MSK; 31-01-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Swear filter

Not being funny but why should we have kept him? He was very poor in his second spell and didn't merit a new contract. He's a great lad and yes we all know how much he loves the club. But the reaction on here because he scored a goal against us is over the top. He wasn't and isn't good enough for Hibs. He will prob do well at County who knows? but I'm glad he's off the wage bill and we can try find a player who can contribute every week than have Ivan wasting a place. Sorry if that sounds harsh but come on eh! It's only one goal he's not Messi.

He never celebrated at all. It was right in front of the Hibs fans.

Just walked back to halfway line.

Gutted we let Ivan go. I agree he was poorly utilised. Yes he has lost a good lot of his actual pace but he is still twice as fast as our wingers...oh wait...!

I think he will do brilliant at RC. Will never forget having a conversation with him when he came back about his love for the club and the way the club supported him and his wife through the loss of his unborn child. He will never stop loving this club, and I think his attitude all round was superb at the club. That hat trick will never be forgotten.

Sadly...the only thing he done good for us this season was in the Hearts game when he got the ball and ran about 60 yards with it to take the pressure off.

Never mind. Best £5k Rod has ever spent!!

1. It was the right decision to let him go.
    2. He'll always be fondly remembered.

Leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

Leave it at that.
    This

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    This
    And this. Let's not get too dewy eyed. Love the man. Loved him even more when people around me called him a one trick pony even after the hat trick at the the hunnery. Correct decision was to let him go with our good wishes.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Not being funny but why should we have kept him? He was very poor in his second spell and didn't merit a new contract. He's a great lad and yes we all know how much he loves the club. But the reaction on here because he scored a goal against us is over the top. He wasn't and isn't good enough for Hibs. He will prob do well at County who knows? but I'm glad he's off the wage bill and we can try find a player who can contribute every week than have Ivan wasting a place. Sorry if that sounds harsh but come on eh! It's only one goal he's not Messi.
    Is the reaction not more to do with 3 goals in 3 games and the fact we have no midfield attacking threat ? As opposed to one goal against us ?
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

Leave it at that.
    I know, love how people are trying to blame Fenlon when Sproule had been prety gash in every appearance he made since coming back.

When he left I don't remember any of you tactical geniuses bemoaning how we let him go?

Every post I saw seemed pretty happy about it.

Left by mutual consent!
    He infuriated me first time round, he just didn't look like a player to me, but the stats proved me wrong.

2nd time round, he was the ONLY player on our bench who could make an impact coming on. We should have kept him for that reaon if no other, I assume this was purely a case of getting the wage bill down.

@hibs.net private member
    I was disappointed to see him go, but I guess Pat let him go so that he could bring somebody else in. Good luck to him. I hope he continues to be a success at Ross County....well apart from when they play us again!

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    Apparently he wasn't good enough for us though.
    Vaz Te wasn't good enough for us according to someone.
    Happy as Larry!

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    He infuriated me first time round, he just didn't look like a player to me, but the stats proved me wrong.

2nd time round, he was the ONLY player on our bench who could make an impact coming on. We should have kept him for that reaon if no other, I assume this was purely a case of getting the wage bill down.
    And when did he last make an impact coming on for Hibs?

This isn't aimed at you Clerrie but there's been some amount of pish spouted re Ivan in the last 24 hours. He had plenty game time in the past 18 months and produced very little. Good luck to him but he's no loss.

First Team Breakthrough goosefat's Avatar
    Give him a few more games and he'll fizzle out.

Ivans injury has settled down so theyv got their fingers crossed that its not too serious. I really hope so for him n wish him all the best. Great guy!

Ivan is doing well for Ross County because he's in a team that can play to his strengths. Their midfielders will put the ball past the opposition's defence for him to run on to. Ours passed the ball to him in positions where he had a group of players to beat. I thought his pace had gone - it hadn't but we weren't using it. Congratulations to Derek Adams is seeing potential which Pat Fenlon couldn't.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    Ivan is doing well for Ross County because he's in a team that can play to his strengths. Their midfielders will put the ball past the opposition's defence for him to run on to. Ours passed the ball to him in positions where he had a group of players to beat. I thought his pace had gone - it hadn't but we weren't using it. Congratulations to Derek Adams is seeing potential which Pat Fenlon couldn't.
    Right, lets see if the new winger beats a man in the next six months.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    He's doing a professional job & that sets him apart from the Hears hero, a Hibby but plays for the team who pays his wages.
    Bummer but who would want a Skakel. Not me.
    GG

First Team Regular muirhousehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    One trick pony comes to mind!

Systems of play are designed for reasons, To meet the demands of the game, systems don't work either because players are not good enough or can't adjust. There's more to football than lumping it for Ivan to run onto.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirkster23 View Post
    Vaz Te wasn't good enough for us according to someone.
    And he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by muirhousehibby View Post
    One trick pony comes to mind!

Systems of play are designed for reasons, To meet the demands of the game, systems don't work either because players are not good enough or can't adjust. There's more to football than lumping it for Ivan to run onto.
    There is more, but on Wednesday evening Ross County scored the only goal by passing (not lumping) the ball beyond our defence for Ivan to run onto using his speed. They're getting something out of him which we didn't. What tricks did our ponies show?