hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daniel1875

Police Speed Guns

Does anyone know if the handheld police guns take your registraion number or do they only calculate your speed so that the officer can pull you over ? Had a search on google and most people seem to say that they dont take photographic evidence and it is up to the officer to pull you at the time, although i doubt this to be the case!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    They just take your speed and then you should get pulled over. They're not equipped with a camera.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daniel1875
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They just take your speed and then you should get pulled over. They're not equipped with a camera.
    Heres hoping, i was on my way to uni this morning and dont even know if i was speeding, but the officer jusr jumped from behind a parked transit van with his wee gun! Strange thing he was on the opposite side of the road to me which would make it difficult for him to pull me over..

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpyHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone know if the handheld police guns take your registraion number or do they only calculate your speed so that the officer can pull you over ? Had a search on google and most people seem to say that they dont take photographic evidence and it is up to the officer to pull you at the time, although i doubt this to be the case!
    You'll be fine, if its a copper with a gun they need to get you right there and then. If its a camera or the mobile van unit your done for!

@hibs.net private member derekHFC's Avatar
    Are you sure it was a copper and not just a traffic warden doing speed checks at a local school? I know they're around town quite frequently and I'm told () that they take your registration and then you get a letter from the cops reminding you that such and such a road is a 20mph when the school ilghts are flashing.
    Someone once told me that hard work wouldn't kill me.

I thought: "Hell, why take the chance"!