hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Freddy Mercury tribute night

As this homo-erotic image proves, Hearts FC was a liberal, welcoming forward-thinking club back in the early days. Perhaps the Heart of Mid-lothian dance club did gay nights?

Yam Freddy Mercuries.jpg

However, the bloke in the middle row on the left has taken things a bit too far, what with the shirt unbuttoned to the navel and zip undone. I could swear that he's also gone for a bit of a lunge at the meat and 2 veg of the bloke behind.

For the avoidance of doubt the guy on the far right won the Freddy first prize.
    Last edited by hibs0666; 20-01-2013 at 08:44 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Jesus Christ. Not a pretty picture.

Sorry, but I recon this post needs punted. Probably cos there's just nae need, probably cos Freddie is a legend!!

Freddie Mercury was a freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wisnae a bad chanter though

Left by mutual consent!
    The picture is indeed a belter but the reference to Freddie is not required...

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    Why, cos he had big teeth??

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I liked Richard Fairbass's tribute band to him........... Right Fred's Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy* View Post
    Why, cos he had big teeth??
    admittedly, he could eat an ' apple through a letter box, wi' gnashers like that but wis a guid chanter

I would have thought that Jimmy Saville would have been nearer the mark for the Yams?

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    The farthest on the right does look a bit Wembley 86.

First Team Breakthrough muzzhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: muzz-a-bear
    one of the best musical talents of all time used in the same sentence as the yams. the world is upside down. i dont think i want to live anymore

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    the guy at the bottom right of the picture looks like the "missing link" could be a relation to steven pressley?

i do agree with others though, one of musics finest talents (albeit deceased) mentioned in the same sentence as that mob

i think eartha kitt would be more appropriate

Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    the guy at the bottom right of the picture looks like the "missing link" could be a relation to steven pressley?
    The reason he's sulking is that he thought it was a 'Planet of The Apes' tribute, and he reckoned he had quite a good chance.

@hibs.net private member
    Freddie Mercury was an absolute legend - brilliant singer with a brilliant band and if you don't get that then you must have cloth ears!

Funny picture though

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Freddie Mercury was an absolute legend - brilliant singer with a brilliant band and if you don't get that then you must have cloth ears!

Funny picture though
    Dunno about cloth ears but all I heard was middle-of-the-road, occasionally-pretentious, elevator music. Maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Dunno about cloth ears but all I heard was middle-of-the-road, occasionally-pretentious, elevator music. Maybe it's just me.
    Just need to ask anyone who was the standout act at Live Aid at Wembley 1985 to see what a great band they were

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    Just need to ask anyone who was the standout act at Live Aid at Wembley 1985 to see what a great band they were
    I was at live aid just to the left of the stage, and you knew during their 17 minutes you were witnessing the best live gig ever.

I saw Queen the year after at Wembley again and at Knebworth, but their brief appearance at live aid was just amazing, the hairs on your neck stood up.

Everyone and i mean everyone joined in with their songs, that certainly was not the case with the rest of the bill.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    its just you
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    its just you
    Naw it's no.

Bloated stadium knob-rock.

Is it just me but do they not look like they have just been told that they won't be paid.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I was at live aid just to the left of the stage, and you knew during their 17 minutes you were witnessing the best live gig ever.

I saw Queen the year after at Wembley again and at Knebworth, but their brief appearance at live aid was just amazing, the hairs on your neck stood up.

Everyone and i mean everyone joined in with their songs, that certainly was not the case with the rest of the bill.
    What was your take on U2, BH? I wasn't lucky enough to be at Live Aid, but I became a fully signed-up U2 loon (now fully recovered, thankfully) on the back of their set.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    What was your take on U2, BH? I wasn't lucky enough to be at Live Aid, but I became a fully signed-up U2 loon (now fully recovered, thankfully) on the back of their set.
    I thought they were very good, i had not been that much of a fan before but thought they played well, interacted with the crowd and generally sounded good.

Queen obviously stole the show, but the beginning when Status Quo came on will also live with me till i die, the place erupted and if you think the Hibees bounce is good, you should have seen it bounce at Wembley that day?

The day is memorable, although some of it was crap, but being there was a day i will never forget, and i can say it now thanks to someone who left the tickets on the coach i was driving from Luton to Heathrow.

That was a wallet that was never getting handed in.

I thought they were very good, i had not been that much of a fan before but thought they played well, interacted with the crowd and generally sounded good.

Queen obviously stole the show, but the beginning when Status Quo came on will also live with me till i die, the place erupted and if you think the Hibees bounce is good, you should have seen it bounce at Wembley that day?

The day is memorable, although some of it was crap, but being there was a day i will never forget, and i can say it now thanks to someone who left the tickets on the coach i was driving from Luton to Heathrow.

Thanks for that.

It was an immense day and even this long after it, I'm jealous of anyone who was there!

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Thanks for that.

It was an immense day and even this long after it, I'm jealous of anyone who was there!
    I have just googled the live aid set, as to be honest a lot of it went right over my head, i'd heard of a lot of them but was not up with any of their music. The one band who really disappointed me was Brian Ferry, i'd seen him in the playhouse around 76/77??? and loved him, but he was very poor.

Adam Ant, Nick Kershaw and Howard Jones were big stars if i remember rightly at the time, but very poor live acts imo.

The style council were decent from memory, and The Who, but thats the kind of music i like so could be biased?

As i said a great day, there was an awful lot of breaks with nothing happening, but a day i dont think anyone will forget there or not?

As i said a great day, there was an awful lot of breaks with nothing happening, but a day i dont think anyone will forget there or not?
    That's definitely true. I couldn't tell you what I was doing last week, but I could run on for ages about 13 July 1985!

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    The farthest on the right does look a bit Wembley 86.
    Oi, that's my brother!
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

For some reason I'm reluctant to admit that I've seen Quo about 10 times over the years and I loved it every time

Well, there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    For some reason I'm reluctant to admit that I've seen Quo about 10 times over the years and I loved it every time

Well, there you have it.
    I went to see Quo on their farewell tour around 10 years ago in Blackpool, they were also the support band at Knebworth and Wembley for Queen. I went to see them in Blackpool on strength of those concerts and obviously the live aid one.

Yet watching them on their own was a huge disappointment for me, i hardly knew any of the songs and they only played their hits around 25 minutes from the end of their set.

Maybe they were pushing a new album, i dont know? But when folk say all their songs sound the same, i know what they mean now.

Most of their hit songs i really like, but their new album stuff if thats what it was bored me rigid?

How's the lift operator job going J?
    This is how it feels