hibs.net Messageboard

Who replaces Cairney?

With PC being suspended on Saturday will it be a chance for Handling to start the game wide left?

Or will Fenlon go for 1 up front, with Doyle dropping back to left and Wotherspoon in at the right?

What would you do?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Stevenson at left midfield with Claros Taiwo and Wotherspoon along side him. Decent cover from McGivern at LB when he gets forward.

Stevenson

First Team Breakthrough hibeequinn's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Quinaldo 2012
    a would like too see handling getting a start but Fenlon will go with Stevenson.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

@hibs.net private member
    Liam Craig on the left of midfield

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I forgot about Cairney being suspended this weekend! He'll be a big loss, our best midfielder IMO.

For me, I'd drop Doyle into the left midfield role and bring either Handling/Caldwell in to partner Griffiths. I'd also drop Tawio and replace him with Wotherspoon. Although I'm not a huge fan on Wotherspoon and feel we should be looking to replace him this window, i feel that Tawio and Claros are too similar, and seeing as it looks like Claros will be leaving us very shortly, I'd keep him in there until then. (Am i right in thinking he's here till the end of the month, meaning he can play against Dundee, Aberdeen and Ross County?)

Handling/Caldwell Griffiths
    Doyle Claros Deegan Wotherspoon

Claros and Wotherspoon were both excellent in the October fixture v Dundee. It's one of the few games we've really dominated the midfield this season.

Stick with 442; Doyle and Griffiths up front, move Taiwo wide left (probably not his natural position but McGivern gives us the ability to overlap on that side) Deegan and Claros in the middle, Wotherspoon on the right.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think mcgivern should be pushed forward and play Stevenson at left back.

Doyle left, Spoony right and Kuqi and Griff up front ;-)

I'd like to see Handling start, give him his chance.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I'd like to see Handling or Caldwell start up front with Griffiths with Doyle & Spoony on either wing. But I think Paddy will put Stevenson in place of Cairney.

Wotherspoon Deegan Claros Handling

Griffiths Doyle

Taiwo has been decent, but we need to be more attacking in this fixture.

First Team Breakthrough muzzhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: muzz-a-bear
    Quote Originally Posted by reidy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think mcgivern should be pushed forward and play Stevenson at left back.
    Beat me to it

@hibs.net private member
    Stevenson, I don't even think its a debate. Handling has done nothing to show he is ready to start a SPL match

@hibs.net private member
    I would go 4-4-2 vas Dundee with Doyle and Grifiths up Front.

I'd give Stevenson the chance to replace Cairney - more than earned with his display vs Celtic where he performed well at both LB and LM IIRC. He got forward quite well in that game and needs to take that into the game vs Dundee.

Handling just scored 20 goals in one season for me in my Football manager game. Surely that deserves a start!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Handling's a striker, not a winger.

I wouldn't tinker with it too much. McGivern LB and Stevenson at left mid. If we're a few goals up I'd like to see Harris get a run-out.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    Stevenson gets the nod for me courtesy of a gutsy performance vs Celttic in which he played well at both LB and LMF IIRC.

Doyle and Griffiths up front with Deegan, Claros and Wotherspoon making up the rest of the midfield and the back 5 unchanged would be my starting line up.

It'll be a midfield of Wotherspoon, Claros, Deegan and Taiwo, to start. The rest of the team picks itself. Stevenson will be on the bench and will get a game in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It'll be a midfield of Wotherspoon, Claros, Deegan and Taiwo, to start. The rest of the team picks itself. Stevenson will be on the bench and will get a game in the second half.
    No chance, who's gona play wide left? Assuming spoony plays wide right?

Unless he sticks with the 5 across the middle with Doyle left and Sparky up top. Hope he doesn't tho.

Stevenson

Has to be Lewis. He made a difference when he came on in the derby by passing the ball to a team mate rather than hoofing it up the park.

We've got to go with two up top at home to Dundee.
    Not sure about a straight swap with Stevenson for Cairney. That would leave us with four 'water carriers' across the midfield.
    Wotherspoon should come back in on the right and if Stevenson plays wide left, Claros should patrol the middle with either Deegan or Taiwo.

Left by mutual consent!
    How about going 4-3-3 with a midfield of Taiwo, Deegan and Stevenson then Wotherspoon and Doyle either side of LG up front.

We have lost home games 1-0 to Ross County and Aberdeen this season, in part due to us not being quick out of the blocks attacking wise and allowing these teams to grow in confidence the longer the game has gone on and subsequently nick a goal to leave us chasing with little time to do anything about it.

That said, we did blow a 2-0 lead v Motherwell but again that was down to being too defensive. Dundee don't have the same attacking threat of Motherwell and if we can get a couple of goals up then surely we will win. A good way to do this would be by playing an attacking formation from the off.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Don't understand all the shouts for McGivern to be moved to left-mid. He's probably our most consistent\solid defender and has never played there in his career.

Yeah, he looks all right when attacking from LB, but enough to merit him starting in midfield when he is a machine for us at the back? Nah.

First Team Breakthrough

stevenson

He's had a bit of a rough deal over the past few. Games ie playing exceptionally well at left back against Celtic then on the bench for the Derby,pity Stanton is at cowdenbeath perhaps. Could have played a part from the bench