hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    A lot of unforced errors this morning from Murray, If he gets to the last 4 he will need to up his game, although I suppose you could say he has yet to drop a set without playing anywhere near the top of his game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    I see Joe Tortolano (or someone claiming to be) asked him whether he was his favourite Hibs player (bbc q&a). Turns out it was Sauzee.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep.

Murray should be a certainty against Chardy. I cannot see him having any problems at all.
    I reckon Ferrer will have too much for Almagro over five sets.
    Djokovic has a fantastic record against Berdych and if anyone can recover from a tough match like he had yesterday then it's Djokovic.
    Federer also has a good record against Tsonga and in their only previous meeting at the Australian Open in 2010, Federer took him apart. Tsonga can be a dangerous opponent though and beat Federer at Wimbledon a couple of years ago after being two sets down. I believe Federer will win that one though.

I'm going for;

Djokovic v Ferrer
    Federer v Murray
    ?
    Predicitions are looking good so far FH. Some comeback from Ferrer to win in 5 sets too.

Quote Originally Posted by Boydyhfc View Post
    Predicitions are looking good so far FH. Some comeback from Ferrer to win in 5 sets too.
    My Ferrer prediction was a bit close for comfort, I didn't expect it to be that close to be honest! Almagro will be kicking himself that he couldn't see it through after serving for the match three times!

I'm not worried at all about Murray. I fully expect that to be a straights victory for him.

Tsonga does have the game to trouble Federer but it depends what Tsonga turns up. He got to the final of the Australian Open in 2008 but he can be very hot and cold and he can let things trouble him and affect his game. He's a really powerful man though and as I said in earlier post, he beat Federer over 5 sets at Wimbledon a couple of years ago.

I'm still sticking with Federer though.

Just a heads up for anyone who is maybe coming in from a night shift or who is perhaps off today that Andy Murray is third on the Rod Laver Arena, which should mean that he starts about 3:30am.

For those of us who start work at 9am, it's not ideal to say the least!

Roger Federer v Jo-Wilfried Tsonga starts at 8:30am so I'll not see that either!

Victoria Azarenka's on just now against Svetlana Kuznetsova.

The noise levels are ridiculous.

Couple of early breaks by Murray to go 3-0 up but it's time for work now :(

Murray wins 6-4, 6-1, 6-2.

Federer and Tsonga into a 5th set.

Tsonga looking the stronger at the moment. Sure Murray will be getting happier the longer this goes.

Federer different class in the 5th and wins quite comfortably in the end.

Reckon Murray will more than fancy his chances though.

Hopefully that five setter has knackered Federer for Friday!

I think he'll recover without too many problems although I do think that Murray will win on Friday.

Not too sure that he'll win the final though against Djokovic, who I am assuming will beat Ferrer.

I believe there's a bit of snow forecast here for Friday so hopefully I'm snowed in and I can't get to work!

Li Na just pumped Sharapova in straight sets to reach the final.

I would imagine Azarenka will win by the same margin next.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Li Na just pumped Sharapova in straight sets to reach the final.

I would imagine Azarenka will win by the same margin next.
    Sharapova and pumped in the same sentence. That's today's "thought for the day " sorted

Left by mutual consent!
    What a pathetic effort that was from Ferrer. Surprised he's not getting booed off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    What a pathetic effort that was from Ferrer. Surprised he's not getting booed off the court.
    To be fair Djokovic was stunningly good to watch.

Don't think I've seen someone look that good since Federer in his heyday. What I would say though is if Ferrer is number 4 in.the world as of Monday it really shows there's a bit of a lack of depth to men's tennis. The top 3 plus a fit Nadal are streets ahead.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Hopefully that five setter has knackered Federer for Friday!

I think he'll recover without too many problems although I do think that Murray will win on Friday.

Not too sure that he'll win the final though against Djokovic, who I am assuming will beat Ferrer.

I believe there's a bit of snow forecast here for Friday so hopefully I'm snowed in and I can't get to work!
    When is the match scheduled to start ?

Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    Sharapova and pumped in the same sentence. That's today's "thought for the day " sorted
    I did hope it would lead to some "new balls please" type inuendo!

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    What was it that he did wrong? As was mentioned on the BBC website Djokovic was at his imperious best, he is just much better than Ferrer IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Programme starts at 0800 on Eurosport, tie scheduled to start at 0830. Not sure if its available on council tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    They'll be on court at approximately 8:30am but by the time they do the coin toss and warm up etc, the match is unlikely to start until about 8:45am.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Programme starts at 0800 on Eurosport, tie scheduled to start at 0830. Not sure if its available on council tv.
    Tomorrow's match will also be live on BBC 2.

Looks pretty ominous for Andy Murray and Roger Federer after Novak Djokovic's demolition of David Ferrer today.

Ferrer was never likely to beat Djokovic as he doesn't have anywhere near the amount of power that is required to beat him but the manner of the defeat will have surprised most people.

He might not have managed to ever get to a Grand Slam final in his career yet but David Ferrer is a class player. He plays consistently well year after year and has been a top 5 or 6 player for the majority of the past five or six years.

For Djokovic to have beaten him with the loss of just five games is incredible.

I hope I'm wrong, if Murray wins tomorrow, but I just can't see past Djokovic for the title. I've said it ever since last Sunday when he came back from 1-6 2-5 down to win against Wawrinka and I'm sticking with that prediction.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Looks pretty ominous for Andy Murray and Roger Federer after Novak Djokovic's demolition of David Ferrer today.

Ferrer was never likely to beat Djokovic as he doesn't have anywhere near the amount of power that is required to beat him but the manner of the defeat will have surprised most people.

He might not have managed to ever get to a Grand Slam final in his career yet but David Ferrer is a class player. He plays consistently well year after year and has been a top 5 or 6 player for the majority of the past five or six years.

For Djokovic to have beaten him with the loss of just five games is incredible.

I hope I'm wrong, if Murray wins tomorrow, but I just can't see past Djokovic for the title. I've said it ever since last Sunday when he came back from 1-6 2-5 down to win against Wawrinka and I'm sticking with that prediction.
    I'm willing to bet you right now that the other three major finals this year will feature 2 out of the 3 remaining players in the Australian Open
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    I'm willing to bet you right now that the other three major finals this year will feature 2 out of the 3 remaining players in the Australian Open
    I think you would get decent odds for that at the bookies right now.

It all depends on how quickly he gets back up to speed with things once he returns but given Rafael Nadal's record at the French Open, I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Murray breaks in the 3rd game of the 1st set.

Has had break points in both Federers service games so far.

Dominating the rallies at the moment but its early days and Federer always finds a way to step it up.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm amazed at just how lean and strong Andy Murray has become, he even looks taller?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Andy is playing really well, a break up leading 4-3.

Murray playing to the Federer backhand and also nailing his own backhand when Federer comes to the net, both of which are working.

15 winners to 5 in Murray's favour.

Murray serving for the first set, 5-4.

First set goes to Murray, 6-4.

Impressive so far.

Great first set from Murray.

What I love is that he is really making Federer win.every point, chasing down lost causes and making him play 1 or 2 more shots.

Keeps this up.and he will win.

Brilliant display of serving by Andy in set 1 there.