hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Do you support the setup being changed to a 12-12-18 with 3 further leagues of 8?

Voters
292. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

77 26.37%
  • No

215 73.63%
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like the SPL will be no more. Looks like clubs will vote 12 12 18 with one league structure

According to Sky Sports News.

Suppose it would explain why no vote has been taken on 11-1 requirement for change and re-distribution of wealth. They are hoping for next season as well with no special treatment for The Rangers. Not sure if anyone wanted this though. I would still prefer 18 team league.
    Smacks of making a "change" with no actual change at all. whats the point?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by muirhousehibby View Post
    Yeah seems Scottish football will have one govern body once again. I would have preferred a league of 14-14-14 and another couple of leagues from the east of Scotland / junior leagues top sides who meet the criteria. At the moment the third 3 division teams never get relegated so a team could finish bottom for 10 years but still play sfl which I've never understood. Question is does the fans agree with the new set really! Oh wait we don't get a say on it.
    We did get a survey. They just ignored the results. Also no mention of a pyramid structure

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    change for the lower leagues more like.

I just wish they'd ditch the stupid split, and playing each other 4 times a season.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    you have a survey and get the survey results. You then ignore the findings of the survey. Why bother having a survey?

First Team Regular muirhousehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    you have a survey and get the survey results. You then ignore the findings of the survey. Why bother having a survey?
    Spot on m8 why bothering asking fans of Scottish football then ignore the survey results. The split some terrible and could end up making the set up boring.

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    change for the lower leagues more like.

I just wish they'd ditch the stupid split, and playing each other 4 times a season.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

It also breeds the vast majority of the income though.

So are we getting that league splitting into 3 groups of 8 thing then?

First Team Breakthrough muzzhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: muzz-a-bear
    scottish football is a disgrace. nothing else.

they should (in my opinion) of went for a 16 - 10 - 16. 2 games home and away, then split into a top 8 and bottom 8 (thats purely for the money grabbing chairmen). wasnt the hole point of the spl splitting from the sfl and league increase to STOP playing teams 4 times a season?!

Unfortunately they have to maintain a league system that will guarantee the future of 4 "Auld Firm" games a season to maintain one of the ****test TV deals in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    So are we getting that league splitting into 3 groups of 8 thing then?

If the clubs vote for it then yes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20941213

I think we get too hung up about league structures anyways, once the season starts you tend to look no further ahead than the next 3-4 games. This new structure will certainly make every game count IMO right to the end of the season.

How it effects ST sales I'm not sure as do you sell the first 11 games and then a 'half ST ticket' or sell them all up front?

Scottish football really is beyond parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    Unfortunately they have to maintain a league system that will guarantee the future of 4 "Auld Firm" games a season to maintain one of the ****test TV deals in Europe.
    How much would it cost Hibs not to have those additional home games and a worse TV deal. Would we be able to attract an additional 7-8000 onto our gate each week to keep the current turnover or would we need to run with a part time squad or other drastic measures.

I'd want a 16 team as much as anyone but I've yet to see any science behind how the figures would add up

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I just want to boke every time i see Regan, Doncaster and the rest of their cronies with Dollar signs in their eyes saying they are doing this in the best interests of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I just want to boke every time i see Regan, Doncaster and the rest of their cronies with Dollar signs in their eyes saying they are doing this in the best interests of the game

Who is it in the best interests of, I presume you mean Rangers 2012, but perhaps its what the chairmen of all the other big clubs in Scotland want as well just to survive a the current level never mind prosper.

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs can't afford a bigger league with less home games. The 3*8 split will be interesting and hopefully competitive

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
    Who is it in the best interests of, I presume you mean Rangers 2012, but perhaps its what the chairmen of all the other big clubs in Scotland want as well just to survive a the current level never mind prosper.
    The Rangers wont benefit from the new set up, it's just the same pish under a different guise IMO

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Hibs can't afford a bigger league with less home games. The 3*8 split will be interesting and hopefully competitive
    For Hibs read every other SPL club and those at the top of the 1st division.

"disgrace", "boycott", "boring", "Only for OF", "I'm no going back" will be the social media watch words other the next few weeks until keyboard are bashed and throats are hoarse through phone-ins.

If you want to support Hibs and Scottish football go to games, alternatively just leave us that want to do exactly that alone rather than trying to tell us how bad it is and organising others not to either spend money on fitba or putting others off by the constant "its shi'ite" mantra

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
    For Hibs read every other SPL club and those at the top of the 1st division.

"disgrace", "boycott", "boring", "Only for OF", "I'm no going back" will be the social media watch words other the next few weeks until keyboard are bashed and throats are hoarse through phone-ins.

If you want to support Hibs and Scottish football go to games, alternatively just leave us that want to do exactly that alone rather than trying to tell us how bad it is and organising others not to either spend money on fitba or putting others off by the constant "its shi'ite" mantra

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Looking at the league's positively it'll mean we still get the money from the tv deal, bigger variety of teams we play against, still get the bigger gates against Celtic and rangers if we do well, gives teams something to play for all season and probably the best chance we've got of getting a system that could help teams compete with the old firm for the top two places.

The downside is that's its complicated and it doesn't solve the problem of clubs not being able to play youngsters due to fear of relegation.

Imo its not without fault but nowhere near as bad as some are making out.

Am I the only one who thinks this looks quite good then? Better than the ***** we've got just now, the bottom 4 SPL and top 4 of championship split looks brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this looks quite good then? Better than the ***** we've got just now, the bottom 4 SPL and top 4 of championship split looks brilliant!
    No, I agree with you. Im not sure of some things though, that section you speak about, what are they playing for after the split?

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    No, I agree with you. Im not sure of some things though, that section you speak about, what are they playing for after the split?
    Top 4 of that mini league play SPL football the next year I'd imagine. Amazing, giving 4 1st division team get a crack.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzhfc View Post
    scottish football is a disgrace. nothing else.

they should (in my opinion) of went for a 16 - 10 - 16. 2 games home and away, then split into a top 8 and bottom 8 (thats purely for the money grabbing chairmen). wasnt the hole point of the spl splitting from the sfl and league increase to STOP playing teams 4 times a season?!
    How would you fit 44 league games into a season?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I can guarantee you he didn't think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Livi director has just tweeted that English clubs play 42 plus play offs so its not impossible.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm willing to give it a go, as long as we're in the top 8 after the first 22 games

Will the Hearts make it into the top 8 next season

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Livi director has just tweeted that English clubs play 42 plus play offs so its not impossible.
    IIRC, we tried it once, a few years ago, and it was bounced because it was too long a season.

Listening to Alan Preston, what a clown. (though agree ST holders should be canvassed)
    I actually think it is a good idea.
    Only downside is the amount of pressure placed on players & managers. I would make sure that there were rules that a set number of under 23 players should be listed on teamsheet.

@hibs.net private member JollyGreenGiant's Avatar
    So if it get the go ahead we get a split of 3 groups of 8.

Did I read somewhere that the 3 groups of 8 all start the last round of games on Nil points?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    Listening to Alan Preston, what a clown. (though agree ST holders should be canvassed)
    I actually think it is a good idea.
    Only downside is the amount of pressure placed on players & managers. I would make sure that there were rules that a set number of under 23 players should be listed on teamsheet.
    Tbf we can't have it all ways though, we can't ask for a more competitive league and then when we get it complain it'll mean we can't play youngsters.