hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan McGivern

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike

Ryan McGivern

Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere,

But was he injured? can't see why he'd be left out otherwise. Even if Fenlon was preparing for him leaving you'd think he'd still play him against the league leaders.

Anyway, if Stevenson and Hanlon can keep up that level of performance, he wont be too sorely missed when he goes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He was in alot earlier than the rest of the players today. I take it was to see if he was fit enough to play.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Fenlon said on the radio that he had a slight hamstring problem which kept him out but he'd hopefully be okay for thursday.
    ​#PERSEVERED

He was in alot earlier than the rest of the players today. I take it was to see if he was fit enough to play.

Be very harsh to drop Stevenson after his performance today imo.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stevenson has been immense, thought that he was harshly dropped the other week as well, again Motherwell i think? He has slotted in at left back in recent weeks and been one of the best players on the park each game. Composure personified.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I see no reason to change the team after performance tbh

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I've been critical of Stevenson in the past but I totally agree.

Jonnyboy will fall off his seat if he reads this post.

Quote Originally Posted by JIm View Post
    Stevenson has been immense, thought that he was harshly dropped the other week as well, again Motherwell i think? He has slotted in at left back in recent weeks and been one of the best players on the park each game. Composure personified.
    150% from Louie today and a first class performance he put in.

He needs to get more of this sort of praise from the supporters and i hope that he will now get a wee run in the team and go from strength to strength!

Well done Lewis once again!!!

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Was in the FF today and now just watched game on Alba and I hadn't realised how often Stevenson had headed the ball clear in the 2nd. half. Well done wee man 11 out of 10 today and two fingers to the guy I was talking to before the game who totally slagged him Spoony and Fenlon off and said we needed to get rid of all three.

Was wondering where he was today, but can see he is a presenter tonight on 'Superstars' BBC 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

**THUMP**

This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by thebakerboy View Post
    Was in the FF today and now just watched game on Alba and I hadn't realised how often Stevenson had headed the ball clear in the 2nd. half. Well done wee man 11 out of 10 today and two fingers to the guy I was talking to before the game who totally slagged him Spoony and Fenlon off and said we needed to get rid of all three.
    Didn't have a tache and sewn up trooser pockets did he?
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Was wondering where he was today, but can see he is a presenter tonight on 'Superstars' BBC 1.
    Someone mentioned that he was in BTG before the game but I didn't see him personally, surprising before you'd think his hair would stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I've been a critic too, if only because I feel the guy used to play within himself, but there's absolutely no way he can be dropped after today and it was bordering on cruel to drop him after the Killie game.

Lewis said himself in the programme today that in the past he was his own worst enemy for not grabbing chances that all Hibs managers have given him, but I can't remember the last time he had a poor game (I've blotted the cup final from my mind). He's playing like a mature man now as opposed to a wee laddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    I've been a critic too, if only because I feel the guy used to play within himself, but there's absolutely no way he can be dropped after today and it was bordering on cruel to drop him after the Killie game.

Lewis said himself in the programme today that in the past he was his own worst enemy for not grabbing chances that all Hibs managers have given him, but I can't remember the last time he had a poor game (I've blotted the cup final from my mind). He's playing like a mature man now as opposed to a wee laddie.
    Completely misread that bit.

I think he is actually better at left back than midfield. Composed, tenacious and is able to read the game better further back. His improved reading of the game and physical strength is compensating for his lack of pace. Would maybe keep McGivern on the bench for Swinie.

I agree with this but also harsh to drop McGivern after his performance against Ross County.

A good problem to have though

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    I have said since day one that Stevenson is an individual who appreciates the opportunity presented to him to be a professional footballer and the opportunity to play for Hibs that follows. Having met the guy once or twice I reckon he'll do all he can to make sure he holds down a berth in the Hibs team for as long as possible. The first time I met him he was going for a run round Arthur's Seat with John Collins a few hours afterwards on a Sunday morning and that was my measure of the guy IMHO.

First Team Breakthrough SmokieJoe's Avatar
    Hopefully nothing to serious, but with Lewis playing as well as he is just now and with the prospect of McGivern maybe heading back to his parent club, it might just be a shrewed peice of management by PF.

@hibs.net private member
    I would play McGivern. Great dilemma for Pat and no offence to Lewis but McGivern is the better player imo.

Better in the air and on the ground imo, he slung in two great balls against County.

Aerial dominance will be required against the one dimensional Gorgie hatchet men.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    A great dilemma to have. Two excellent players. What about McGivern CB with Stevenson LB? Or McGivern LB with Stevenson LM? Having said that though, I think Paddy will stick with the same team from yesterday as no one deserves to be dropped after that. McGivern will be on the bench.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    A great dilemma to have. Two excellent players. What about McGivern CB with Stevenson LB? Or McGivern LB with Stevenson LM? Having said that though, I think Paddy will stick with the same team from yesterday as no one deserves to be dropped after that. McGivern will be on the bench.
    He's steady at left back and he'd be a ready made replacement if McGivern goes but unfortunately for Lewis he is second choice at the moment.

I wouldn't have him anywhere in midfield either (barring injuries), I don't think he had the confidence/ability to get past his man.

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    150% from Louie today and a first class performance he put in.

He needs to get more of this sort of praise from the supporters and i hope that he will now get a wee run in the team and go from strength to strength!

Well done Lewis once again!!!
    Well said JC about time Lewis was given credit too many people ready to slag him off but if every hibs player had his commitment then we'd be a far stronger team IMO

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    If mcgivern's fit, he'll play

Left by mutual consent!
    Not a fan of LS by any means but he did have a decent game against Celtc and it would be harsh to drop him out the team completely..

I'd start with McGivern at LB for his height at presence but possibly slot LS into midfield for Taiwo as we all know LS loves a battle and Taiwo isn't that type of player..

I wouldn't change the team.

I wouldnt change the team. They were all fantastic.

The guy sitting near me in the FF even applauded at the end - 2 minutes into the game - calling McPake a "f***ing donkey" and should leave . He plays crap every week. Disnae know what Fenlon sees in him etc/... "

Whatta plum. He ermmmmm kinda got the message when all of us started encouraging and cheering James Mc any time he was near the ball.

Hehe

Glory Glory

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Any chance that McGivern's non appearance may have something to do with him possibly moving elsewhere.

I'd play McGivern. Seen too many derby goals conceded from headers at set pieces. Need the height to compete. Then once we match them we can go on and beat them