hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players ratings

Players ratings

Only watched on a dodgy stream with questionable quality but each and every player deserves a 10.

They weren't all at their very best but they all gave 100% and played for the jersey. Play with that passion on the 3rd and it will be a 2nd Derby victory in a row.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    eveyone gets a 10 but special mention for me goes to the midfield 3 of deegan claros and tawio

Williams - 9

Stevenson - 7
    Hanlon - 8
    McPake - 9
    Clancy - 7

Taiwo - 8
    Deegan - 8
    Claros - 8
    Cairney - 7
    Doyle - 7

Griffiths - 8

----

Wotherspoon - 6
    Maybury - 7
    Handling - 6

@hibs.net private member JoeTortolanoFanClub's Avatar
    Stevenson was outstanding.

Deegan put in a great shift, and all the midfield defended well, that was really refreshing and has been lacking recently.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    10 all round, the players, the fans, tam the groundsman and the Celtic fans for not setting the south stand on fire

Williams – 9 two very good saves

Stevenson – 8 looked solid
    Hanlon – 8 Solid
    McPake – 8 Good in the air
    Clancy – 9 Not sure why he was subed

Taiwo – 8 Worked very hard
    Deegan – 9 Very good shift, faded but you would never take off.
    Claros – 9 played for the shirt
    Cairney - 9 played for the shirt
    Doyle – 8 played for the shirt, could have killed the game off if he had scored.
    Griffiths – 8 Will Lennon by him?? Kept 3 defenders very busy, great goal.

Wotherspoon – 7 added nowt, made me nervous (but was probably given a specific task by PF could not work out what the task was though!)
    Maybury – 8 had a good wee and looked okay
    Handling - not enough time, good to see him used though.

PF Tactics 10/10

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Williams 8 - Two great saves but other than that didn't have a lot to do

Clancy 8 - Good game, not sure why he was subbed
    McPake 9 - Won everything that came near him
    Hanlon 9 - Made some great challenges
    Stevenson 9 - Solid

Taiwo 7 - put in a good shift
    Deegan 7 - better than last few weeks but still seemed too slow, got stuck in though
    Claros 10 - my MOM, he was everywhere!
    Cairney 8 - good game, faded a bit in 2nd half

Doyle 9 - put in a great shift, helped out massively defensively
    Griffiths 9 - for his goal alone

First Team Breakthrough Moon unit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    eveyone gets a 10 but special mention for me goes to the midfield 3 of deegan claros and tawio
    Hope the stay away's enjoyed their golf and shopping trips! The easy option was opt out but it paid off sticking with it. -All the players deserve great credit(as do the fans!)today-Ggtth!

@hibs.net private member
    A great shift from everyone especially mcpake, hanson, Stevenson, doyle and Williams.

On a side note.. To the people who BOOED Maybury when he came on.. Have a word. Unbelievable.

Pat Fenlon- 10.

Been on a drab run of results, but he put a rocket up the players arse's before the game today.

Everyone was fantastic and played their part.

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc1875 View Post
    A great shift from everyone especially mcpake, hanson, Stevenson, doyle and Williams.

On a side note.. To the people who BOOED Maybury when he came on.. Have a word. Unbelievable.
    Not sure where the booing came from noone near me in upper west did but i def heard it.
    good peformance from everyone .Claros broke up a lot Hanlon had best game for a while Stevenson did well again at left back. Griff did well with goal superb finish from tight angle great day well done Hibs

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    East upper. Total tools!! Don't know who was shouting but the abuse maybury took and the amount of racist abuse was embarrassing!
    Disgusted that these a**** support the hibees.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Only watched on a dodgy stream with questionable quality but each and every player deserves a 10.

They weren't all at their very best but they all gave 100% and played for the jersey. Play with that passion on the 3rd and it will be a 2nd Derby victory in a row.
    Great game. All the players put in a great shift and didnt give up on any ball. Exactly what ive been crying out for. If they showed that much guts and determination every week we'd be in 2nd no bother. Special word for Fenlon for moving to a 5 in midfield. Perfect tactics against Celtic. MORE OF THE SAME PLEASE. :pfgwa

@hibs.net private member
    Some great performances from the team and also well done to Pat for the tactics which were spot on. Top marks for me go to Hanlon who I thought was magnificent in the heart of the defence with McPake but edges out his Centre Half partner for some of the tackles he made. Claros was also excellent in the centre supported by Deegan and another special mention should go to Doyle who I thought played well on the right and worked very hard for the team. Thought the Clancy sub was a mistake but Maybury did really well when he came on and his lung busting run gave the team a break and lifted the crowd at an important time.

No failures today and a bit of the form and luck seems to have returned at an important time of the season. Well done lads.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Thought Doyle was outstanding, tracked back when he had too and must be knackered tonight. I have to admit I am not impressed with Deegan, seems to only go backwards or sideways, he needs to get his head up and move forward.

@hibs.net private member
    Williams - 9 Didnae put a foot (or hand) wrong

Clancy - 8 played well and took a booking for the team against a tough opponent in Samaras

McPake - 8 missed an early header but from then on was immense. Fantastic leader and his celebration at the end showed his passion

Hanlon - 9 I've given him plenty stick recently but today he was superb. Kept his concentration and won everything

Stevenson - 9 him and Cairney linked brilliantly in first half. Defended well today

Doyle 9.5 - he was the difference down the right. He closed and tracked brilliantly and fought for everything. Unlucky to be stretching when put over bar just before half time

Taiwo - 8 fought for everything and got wired into their big boys. Took a booking for the team

Deegan - ditto Taiwo

Cairney - 9 magnificent feet and brilliant at opening the play out. Faded slightly in second half

Griffiths - 9 quality finish and worked his socks off again.

Spoon - 7 struggled with pace of game but couple of good blocks

Maybury - 7 did all he had to with efficiency

Handling - 6 little time but took and put ball into corner to good effect

PF - 10 tactics spot on today

Fans 10 - back team to the hilt and the f u samaras chant was quality

Pass marks for the whole team.

MOM for me was between Williams, Hanlon or Doyle.

Top marks for all. Especially that new guy TOM clancy according to the stadium "announcer"

First Team Breakthrough hungryhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steviehibsleith View Post
    Not sure where the booing came from noone near me in upper west did but i def heard it.
    good peformance from everyone .Claros broke up a lot Hanlon had best game for a while Stevenson did well again at left back. Griff did well with goal superb finish from tight angle great day well done Hibs

Was in every stand was absolutely shocking he plays for hibs he had the famous green and white shirt on get a grip boo boys

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryhibs View Post

Was in every stand was absolutely shocking he plays for hibs he had the famous green and white shirt on get a grip boo boys
    IF the booing was for Maybury then yep shocking but for me my take was they were booing the decision to take Clancy off as opposed to a direct go at Maybury

On that substitution think PF was correct as Clancy had already been booked and with Thomson in charge we couldn't afford to lose him for the derby. Driver and novikovas both capable of causing probs so need Clancy playing

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There was no booing near me and if there was ****** them...we were great

First Team Breakthrough hungryhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart7-0 View Post
    IF the booing was for Maybury then yep shocking but for me my take was they were booing the decision to take Clancy off as opposed to a direct go at Maybury

On that substitution think PF was correct as Clancy had already been booked and with Thomson in charge we couldn't afford to lose him for the derby. Driver and novikovas both capable of causing probs so need Clancy playing

A hope not a was in the famous 5 lower and heard it near me and in east of subs where spot on today Clancy was tyerd u could see it played well hope u are right

Williams - 9

clancy - 8
    mcpake - 9
    hanlon - 8
    Stevenson - 8

Doyle - 8.5
    claros - 9
    deegan - 8
    taiwo - 8
    cairney - 8.5

griffiths - 9

One of the best performances yet under Pat, and totally unexpected after Wednesday's debacle. So proud

Williams 8

Stevenson 9 beaten once by a clever break by Lustig start of second half. Otherwise absolutely faultless.
    McPake 8
    Hanlon 9 Magnificent.
    Clancy 8 Sensible substitution by Fenlon after the booking. Careless with the ball at times early on but some vital tackles as well.

Cairney 8
    Deegan 8 Got over some shocking early distribution and closed down everyone, as did the rest of the front six. Unbelievable fitness showed late on.
    Claros 8 Got stuck in from the off, and daft though it sounds committed some important fouls that he wouldn't normally make. Won the midfield battle completely.
    Taiwo 8 Our best midfielder by a ba' hair. Outstanding.

Doyle 8 Missed two clear chances first half and one second half. But his work rate in midfield was so immense it made up for it. How he worked that hard for 94 minutes I have no idea.
    Griffiths 8 Great finish.

Subs:
    Maybury- Faultless. Well done son.
    Handling and Spoony- contributed.

Thomson- gave us most of the 50/50s, could have been a pen on Doyle after seeing it on Alba but over the 90 mins we can have no complaints. Thomson is a Hibby

Fenlon-

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I mind lots of "If Stevenson is our player of the year then that says more about Hibs than him" comments last season. When will we accept that Stevenson is just a good player?

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I mind lots of "If Stevenson is our player of the year then that says more about Hibs than him" comments last season. When will we accept that Stevenson is just a good player?

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Don't hold your breath waiting. Those who don't rate him will tell you today was just a one off.
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Don't hold your breath waiting. Those who don't rate him will tell you today was just a one off.
    Personally I think we should just ban Lewis threads ( I'm no one to talk, I think I started the last one). Another excellent performance from the wee man in (IMO)​ his best position.

Blog Entries
    Teams win tight matches.....

We watched a Hibs TEAM today - contributions from all 14 players...can't remember last time I would struggle to criticise any player for any aspect of their play.

Not a single opportunity was given to Celtic from self inflicted error - they had to work for the openings they had. You can't ask for more than that...just lets see it on a more consistent basis and we are a pretty good side