hibs.net Messageboard

Hibs unbeaten midweek against hearts??

Hi, I've heard a stat going about that we are unbeaten against hearts when playing midweek in so many ages.. Could anybody confirm how long this unbeaten run is?? Also is it true we have never been beaten when we have played hearts on a Thursday??

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DylanCrosbieI9I
    since 1874 that's how long!

Not sure if it's the most recent but we lost the 1997 New Year Derby on a Wednesday

Edit - we also lost the Boxing Day Derby 3-2 at Tynie on Tuesday 26 December 2006 with Killen and Shiels getting Hibs goals
    Last edited by hibbybrian; 24-12-2012 at 04:51 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    We're unbeaten in evening games against them since about 1994, John Millar scored for them so it must have been round that time.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Yea, I think the stats evening games, as Nerday and Boxing Day games are always played during the day and I've seen us lose a few of them.

J

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure if it's the most recent but we lost the 1997 New Year Derby on a Wednesday

Edit - we also lost the Boxing Day Derby 3-2 at Tynie on Tuesday 26 December 2006 with Killen and Shiels getting Hibs goals
    I remember the Boxing Day derby. That was when Dean shiels scored the penalty, ran to get the ball from the back of the net and spotty freak craig Gordon stood in his way intentionally so he would get knocked down. He then stayed down for about 10 mins after just to make sure that shiels got sent off. Before that game I had a respect for craig Gordon as I'm sure most will agree he was an excellent keeper. Have hated the prick ever since
    Last edited by #FromTheCapital; 24-12-2012 at 07:23 AM.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    I remember the Boxing Day derby. That was when Dean shiels scored the penalty, ran to get the ball from the back of the net and spotty freak craig Gordon stood in his way intentionally so he would get knocked down. He then stayed down for about 10 mins after just to make sure that shiels got sent off. Before that game I had a respect for craig Gordon as I'm sure most will agree he was an excellent keeper. Have hated the prick ever since
    That day was one of Zibi's master classes too I think.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post

Yeah i think at least one of the goals was his fault. Also an offside goal for hearts that day from the gay caveman

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    We're unbeaten in evening games against them since about 1994, John Millar scored for them so it must have been round that time.
    Yep, I remember that one, I'm sure it was a rearranged game that year.Can't remember if this was the same one, but I'm sure Michael O'Neill got into trouble for kicking a fire hydrant in a game we lost there too.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Yep, dropped a free kick my granny could have held at a Hertz ***** feet to let them 2-0 up. We pulled it back to 2-2, Shiels got sent off, the diving Lithuanian put them 3-2 up then Whittaker hit both posts.

Think that was the last game Zibi played for us as he was replaced by Andy McNeil for the next game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Agreed. He's a cheat. But that's his club's mentality.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Yep, I remember that one, I'm sure it was a rearranged game that year.Can't remember if this was the same one, but I'm sure Michael O'Neill got into trouble for kicking a fire hydrant in a game we lost there too.
    I remember Alan Johnston (?) laughing after O'Neill got sent off. Not that I'm bitter, or anything.

Whittaker hit both posts near the end of the game nearly making it 3-3, Zibi ****ed us big time, we didn't deserve to lose that, was a great game though.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeedonald View Post
    Whittaker hit both posts near the end of the game nearly making it 3-3, Zibi ****ed us big time, we didn't deserve to lose that, was a great game though.
    As I mentioned earlier hearts had an offside goal and we should of had 11 men on the park for 90 mins. Was a great game and we were worthy of at least a draw. Other factors were against us that day other than a ***** goalkeeper. Have to say I miss derbies like this

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    As I mentioned earlier hearts had an offside goal and we should of had 11 men on the park for 90 mins. Was a great game and we were worthy of at least a draw. Other factors were against us that day other than a ***** goalkeeper. Have to say I miss derbies like this
    Was that not the game that the yam fans were signing "Zibi Zibi give us a wave" and the daft barsteward went and done it

Was that not the game that the yam fans were signing "Zibi Zibi give us a wave" and the daft barsteward went and done it
    Yes. ****.

This made me laugh for some reason.

He really was a complete clown!