hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fergie - havering auld soak!

Time tae lay aff the Buckie/Meths combos - Van Persie 'lucky to be alive' - http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20833433

Utterly ridiculous statement even for that erse!

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Rossco1875's Avatar
    better get your tin hat on the man u fans will be along the now

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    I do sort of agree with him even if it is over the top, could have seriously hurt the guy. Oh and I don't believe for a second that this is him 'losing it', I doubt he has ever said anything during an interview that wasn't well thought through.

Reeking wants the Swans player banned

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    FFS.

I remember playing football at my primary school when I was about 7 or 8. I'd get the ball leathered off my scalp on a weekly basis. Even in the winter when the ball was as solid as a rock.

What a bunch of pansies! Embarrassing.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time tae lay aff the Buckie/Meths combos - Van Persie 'lucky to be alive' - http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20833433

Utterly ridiculous statement even for that erse!
    it takes one slavering old erse to know one.I wouldn't fancy being hit on the back of the head by a football at, what, 60mph?We should run trials - TQM can be the first (crash test) dummy on trial. Call mythbusters now!!!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Is Fergie not teetotal.?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Is Fergie not teetotal.?
    Pickled in red wine..

Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    Reeking wants the Swans player banned
    Perhaps somebody should explain to the old codger that foot to ball is standard practice in the sport of football.

He's got a got a point. I'm sure it could have caused whiplash or broke a bone in his neck.

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    it takes one slavering old erse to know one.I wouldn't fancy being hit on the back of the head by a football at, what, 60mph?We should run trials - TQM can be the first (crash test) dummy on trial. Call mythbusters now!!!
    RVP was up quick - remarkable given his near fatal experience

#prayforvanpersie is trending on twitter

Get a grip Fergie

Quote Originally Posted by LAHIBBY View Post
    #prayforvanpersie is trending on twitter

Get a grip Fergie

he's one of the best and most respected football managers in the world. and he's scottish. what's to like??

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    FFS.

I remember playing football at my primary school when I was about 7 or 8. I'd get the ball leathered off my scalp on a weekly basis. Even in the winter when the ball was as solid as a rock.

What a bunch of pansies! Embarrassing.
    Ball ! Thinks yourself licky, lad. In my day, we played with an actual rock. Broke my skull every other week.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    Ball ! Thinks yourself licky, lad. In my day, we played with an actual rock. Broke my skull every other week.
    Why would you play with a rock instead?

That's just stupid.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Nae way it would have killed or seriously injured him but looking at Williams, and where he was looking, there's no doubt he knew exactly what he was doing and he should have got a red card for his trouble.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    We used to have to lick pitch clean wi' t tongue before we could even start.

The youth of today, they don't know how lucky they are.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Usual anti Man U posts on here. RVP was never in danger but it was stupid of Williams to skelp the ball of him whilst he was on the deck. Kevin McBride got sent off against Old co for doing something similar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Nae way it would have killed or seriously injured him but looking at Williams, and where he was looking, there's no doubt he knew exactly what he was doing and he should have got a red card for his trouble.
    Why?

There's nothing in the rule book that says the ball can't strike an opposition player.

You see it all the time when players take freekicks and they intentionally hit it into the wall.

Why?

There's nothing in the rule book that says the ball can't strike an opposition player.

You see it all the time when players take freekicks and they intentionally hit it into the wall.
    intent, which seemed pretty clear to me, and ungentlemanly conduct - know the latter means means nothing these days but thats what I think it was. Nae fan of RVP but to be fair he rather makes as erky of Fergies point by instantly getting up and trying to sort the guy out rather than waiting for the medivac helicopter to arrive.

Sir Matt Busby

intent, which seemed pretty clear to me, and ungentlemanly conduct - know the latter means means nothing these days but thats what I think it was. Nae fan of RVP but to be fair he rather makes as erky of Fergies point by instantly getting up and trying to sort the guy out rather than waiting for the medivac helicopter to arrive.
    Intentional or not. It's not against the rules. It's just a player hitting the ball off an opposition player during open play.

It happens all the time whether its intentional or not. I just don't see the big deal and Ferguson is just looking like an even bigger arse than he already does.

Intentional or not. It's not against the rules. It's just a player hitting the ball off an opposition player during open play.

It happens all the time whether its intentional or not. I just don't see the big deal and Ferguson is just looking like an even bigger arse than he already does.
    Must admit, I thought he kicked it after the whistle had gone - mind you I was in the pub watching it. There was a helluva lot of places he could have kicked it and I believe he aimed at RVP. Still nae harm done. Wonder waht would have happened if he had injured him.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Don't think Fergie said that it did kill Van Persie, just that it could have, so the fact that he got up and chased the Swansea halfwit is no argument against Fergie's statement.

I hope he does get a retrospective red, as it's high time that people behaving like c**** on a fitba pitch was clamped down on. And that thug Scholes should have been off as well - came on with about five minutes to go and proceeded to chop as many people as he could catch (which wasn't many) in the time available to him. Pure thug.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Fergies comments were over the top (probably to deflect from the draw), but Williams was very close to RVP and looked like he meant it. It is a bit dangerous and definitely unsporting, you cant blame him for bringing it up.

Why?

I think there's a bit of a differece between the ball "striking an opposition player" and kicking the ball with force into the guys head when he's lying on the ground.

Comical Alex strikes again.

I think it's difficult to prove intent. The other problem is proving a player is capable of hitting a target with the ball.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Williams has said he hit the ball out of frustration, But after watching it on youtube it does look like there was some intent to hit RVP. Maybe not death but serious injury especially getting struck on the head at close range,

Did Alan Smith when playing for Man utd not take a nasty one after blocking a shot years ago?

I think those suggesting that the ball couldn't have injured him are the silly ones.

Getting hit at 70-100mph with a ball whilst you're tryin to get up off the ground with muscles already straining as you lift your head up can hurt you.