hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Stevenson

Lewis Stevenson

After another good performance today, is there a case for him to be the regular left back? Personally My first choice would still be a Clancy-McPake-Hanlon-McGivern back four, but if McGivern goes I'd be very comfortable for Lewis to take over. He's certainly not our weakest link.

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    He played well today. He always gives 100%. But not sure he is good enough to be a regular starter at LB

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Has never let us down when he's played there.

Agreed 100%. Think he has been superb there the last few games he has had to cover. Was great against Hearts. People will say he was at fault for the goal today but I don't see it

He played well very unselfish in his work rate, killie play some neat stuff this suits Lewis against other teams he will be found out height wise so it's a case of in and out for him I'm afraid he's never going to be a left back I would like as a first pick

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    I thought our Man of the Match today was between Taiwo and Stevenson. Both I thought were absolutely outstanding. I posted a thread about how I think McGivern is a centre back and I thought he was good today, So, my back four would be... Clancy-McPake-McGivern-Stevenson. I know Hanlon is still a young lad but he's just not as good as Stevenson for me. Another excellent performance today Lewis!

Deegan was man of the match for hibs for me

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he was poor in the first half but played well in the second.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    If Lewis was aboot a foot taller he would be an outstanding left back.

It'll certainly be interesting to see what Fenlon does on Wednesday.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner Hibby View Post
    Thought he was very good today, simple and crisp passing, good tackles - actually freed up Taiwo a little who in my opinion is coming into a game and getting up to pace of the SPL.

Cairney always threatened and looked busy - he was my man of the match. He sparked life into Hibs today.

Not sure about the height chat. Jordi Alba, Patrice Evra, Philippe Lahm,Baines at Everton are all left backs and all shorterses...

*obvious disclaimer-I am not saying Lewis is of the same calibre as the above players*

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I don't want to see Lewis back in midfield other than in an emergency. Left back is his position and I'd be more than happy if he filled that role for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Thought he was very good today, simple and crisp passing, good tackles - actually freed up Taiwo a little who in my opinion is coming into a game and getting up to pace of the SPL.

Cairney always threatened and looked busy - he was my man of the match. He sparked life into Hibs today.
    How well Cairney plays tends to reflect how well we play. He was pretty good today.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeesStyle View Post
    I thought our Man of the Match today was between Taiwo and Stevenson. Both I thought were absolutely outstanding. I posted a thread about how I think McGivern is a centre back and I thought he was good today, So, my back four would be... Clancy-McPake-McGivern-Stevenson. I know Hanlon is still a young lad but he's just not as good as Stevenson for me. Another excellent performance today Lewis!
    Yeah, would like to see that back four tried. Btw I wouldn`t say Hanlon is particularly young in football terms - he turns 23 in a few weeks and he also has bags of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Not sure about the height chat. Jordi Alba, Patrice Evra, Philippe Lahm,Baines at Everton are all left backs and all shorterses...

*obvious disclaimer-I am not saying Lewis is of the same calibre as the above players*
    These players don't play in the spl though HOOF!!!! Folk may not like that but thems the facts

@hibs.net private member
    Thought Lewis played pretty well today but still has a bit of a tendency to trot alongside the winger and allowing the cross in. Certainly wasn't as guilty of that today as he was at Inverness.

As another person penned earlier I like McGivern at CH - very composed and think he would compliment McPake well.

Lewis or Hanlon at LB dependant on who we are playing. Lewis looking no bad going forward on overlap so may just edge it for me just now

Quote Originally Posted by stuart7-0 View Post
    Thought Lewis played pretty well today but still has a bit of a tendency to trot alongside the winger and allowing the cross in. Certainly wasn't as guilty of that today as he was at Inverness.

As another person penned earlier I like McGivern at CH - very composed and think he would compliment McPake well.

Lewis or Hanlon at LB dependant on who we are playing. Lewis looking no bad going forward on overlap so may just edge it for me just now
    Personally ive never liked Hanlon at LB.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    After another good performance today, is there a case for him to be the regular left back? Personally My first choice would still be a Clancy-McPake-Hanlon-McGivern back four, but if McGivern goes I'd be very comfortable for Lewis to take over. He's certainly not our weakest link.

Thoughts?
    100% agree

I thought he was superb today, went past players looking comfy on the ball, was good to see. Also thought Spoony played well, didn't influence the game much going forward but put in some shift in helping Maybury. Decent point, just wish we keep the ball on the ground, actually look good when we just play football.

Left by mutual consent!
    Motm but Shan clearance for their goal ten playe everyone onside by about 5 yards?!

Folk are easy pleased

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Motm but Shan clearance for their goal ten playe everyone onside by about 5 yards?!

Folk are easy pleased
    There was nothing wrong with the clearance. Got caught in two minds for the offside trap, but McGivern shouldnt be getting caught out by a long high ball he had plenty of time to judge the flight of.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If Lewis was a natural left back or even a defensive minded player, he would have instinctively known to tuck inside for Killie's goal. Not having a dig though, because for me, he is and always will be, a midfielder playing out of position. And within those boundaries, he had yet another decent shift.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Oh ffs why are people still trying to squeeze him into our team???!!! He had a couple of decent moments but he was to blame for our goal, not his fault but he's just not a full back and he's not good enough in a midfield.

If we're to become good he won't be involved in the first team

Left by mutual consent!
    Any coincidence that he was nowhere near the 1st team when we were on our decent run?!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

Folk are easy pleased
    Can't blame the clearance... He got the ball into their half, they just managed to control it and get back down quickly.

But yes, should have tucked in or pushed up. He gets joint blame with Ryan for charging in and not coming close to winning the header and maybury for giving away the foul in the first place.

Overall thought Lewis - once again - played well.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Any coincidence that he was nowhere near the 1st team when we were on our decent run?!
    Correct, missed the semi last year as well.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    He's played 13 times this season....

Had a good game Today, obviously split comments/opinions on LS, but for me he never gives less than 100%......

If we got bigger home crowds, maybe we could get a "better" full back.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Correct, missed the semi last year as well.
    Never missed the 07 league cup final, gie the guy a break ffs, had a good game today, very good game against yams & had he started v well, 3 points I reckon.
    Has more fight for the jersey than most in last 3/4 yr.

Said it before, there's other players before Lewis should be asking if they gave enough after a game.
    Keep it up son.
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Oh ffs why are people still trying to squeeze him into our team???!!! He had a couple of decent moments but he was to blame for our goal, not his fault but he's just not a full back and he's not good enough in a midfield.

If we're to become good he won't be involved in the first team
    Thankfully that is your opinion which you are free to express
    Thank goodness PF see is differently