hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Half Season Tickets - Sales Are Slow

One snippet picked up from the informal session after the AGM this evening was that half season tickets sales aren't going as well as was hoped.

So...........

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fe...853059,00.html

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One snippet picked up from the informal session after the AGM this evening was that half season tickets sales aren't going as well as was hoped.

So...........

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fe...853059,00.html

Disappointing to hear sales are not going well. I assumed after our start and current league placing, coupled with knocking the merricks out of the Cup, that a buzz would start to appear back around ER again.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Unless I'm missing something, I can't really see the point for me personally in buying a half season.

By my reckoning we will have 10 home games - probably 3 category A and 7 category B. For the East or West (I frequent both) the cost is £115. The total cost for a senior paying at the gate would be 3 x £14 plus 7 x £12 = £126. This gives a maximum saving of £11, or a loss if I miss a single game.

I'm not complaining about the value, or indeed the cost. It's just that there is absolutely no incentive to pay up front, unless i want to sit in the FF Upper (£90) or the FF lower (£80), which I don't.

Testimonial Due
    With 8000 season ticket holders and normal crowds of 10,000 home fans I wouldn't expect too high a number to be sold.
    Half seasons are valid for the Ross County game I believe so there should be an increase within the coming two weeks.

I'll be buying one tomorrow although there's no incentive for me to buy as I won't be at every home game and there are often spare seasons available. I am hoping that good sales will allow us to get one or two signings in during January as we seriously need some creativity and width in midfield.

First Team Breakthrough Frank Moon's Avatar
    My mate and I are buying one but not until a bit nearer the Ross County game so its still early as far as I'm concrned.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    The bottom line is that they don't represent value for money.

Miss one game between now and the rest of the season and you are already quids down. Some people just can't afford to effectively throw £20/30/40 away by missing one or more games. Thus, they will continue to pay walk up prices.

Next season I hope Hibs seriously consider their strategy with seasons tickets as IMO, the incentives on offer for buying one don't compensate those who are likely to miss games during the course of the season.

As much as I would love to get one, I would be pushing the boat out to justify buying one.

Another huge issue with this is the change in kick off times (another dismissed in reconstruction) and they Saturday/Sunday early kick offs will stop people committing. As above, miss one game and your out of pocket

When giving a regular donation to Hibs for a 'managers fund' was suggested on here it was full of positives from people wishing to contribute. It would be nice if this thread could stay on a similar positive vibe. Nobody has to justify not buying a half season ticket, everyones situation is different. BUT this is the best way at present for us to ensure that Pat Fenlon has as big a budget to work with as possible. That is a huge plus. Fingers crossed there are plenty of them going in to Xmas stockings.
    Last edited by marinello59; 11-12-2012 at 07:27 AM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    the free Celtic game tickets may make sales slow. If you got them from your mate then no point buying a season ticket

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    the free Celtic game tickets may make sales slow. If you got them from your mate then no point buying a season ticket
    That's one way of looking at it. Or you could think that buying a season ticket of your own and helping the manager continue his rebuilding job was a good idea. It's OUR club.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Testimonial Due
    Hopefully be getting one this week for the west. To be honest it's not great value for money but the club have asked for the backing of the fans and because I can help I will.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Hopefully sales will pick up over the next week or so. it's not about the price per game it's about helping PF have the best squad possible

Wait till a massive Cup game comes around - realistically only the SC Final would fall into this category - and they'll be scores of folk fretting about getting a ticket and saying "if only I'd got a half season ticket............."

In saying that, there's no doubt whatsoever that the club does need to look at ST pricing and offering a "per game" saving that is bigger than it currently is. Miss 1 or 2 games - quite possible down to the arseholic kick off times the TV deal lumps us with - and it's not worth your money.

I've got myself a East Terrace stone and will be going to Kilmarnock, Ross County, Celtc and Hertz games when I'm home. So that's my investment for the season done considering my location.

Caveat: unless we get to the Scottish Cup final, in which case clearly I'll be wanting a ticket

I can't believe that half season tickets are that price. Is that exactly half the price of a full season!? I have been hunting for information on that.
    It is ok buying a full season ticket and maybe expecting to miss a game as the cup top up would cover you. Two games this season so far maybe costing 45 quid. But if you miss one or two games with a half season ticket it really is not worth it.

The club need to look at pricing of actual season tickets and half ones in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, I can't really see the point for me personally in buying a half season.

By my reckoning we will have 10 home games - probably 3 category A and 7 category B. For the East or West (I frequent both) the cost is £115. The total cost for a senior paying at the gate would be 3 x £14 plus 7 x £12 = £126. This gives a maximum saving of £11, or a loss if I miss a single game.

I'm not complaining about the value, or indeed the cost. It's just that there is absolutely no incentive to pay up front, unless i want to sit in the FF Upper (£90) or the FF lower (£80), which I don't.
    Correct. And with KO changes happening constantly, and people just not being in Edinburgh every weekend, plus the fact you have no idea when the last 3 games will be until April, then chances are you are going to miss a game.

I've got a season ticket here and they are really great value for money. I've missed 2 games already for various reasons but I am still not losing out in terms of the amount paid for a season ticket.

I'd be interested to see if anyone could produce stats for how much the 'value for money' aspect has gone downhill in the last 20 years or so, as I am sure I remember them being a lot cheaper than walk up prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Hopefully sales will pick up over the next week or so. it's not about the price per game it's about helping PF have the best squad possible
    I think for most people, it's price per game.

Blind loyalty only goes so far.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    As I've found out this season there are other benefits other than financially for getting a season ticket however I think far more people would get season tickets if there was greater transparency for how much better value a ST is. As it stands with different prices for category a games and the split I don't think that's possible so I think we should do away with increased prices for the big games, I know there are more policing costs for these games but imo the increased prices for these games generally puts people off going as they're normally tv games as well.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin80 View Post
    As much as I would love to get one, I would be pushing the boat out to justify buying one.

Another huge issue with this is the change in kick off times (another dismissed in reconstruction) and they Saturday/Sunday early kick offs will stop people committing. As above, miss one game and your out of pocket

Pay as you go is still the the more sensible option for me and that's coming from a fan who doesn't miss many home games.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    As I've found out this season there are other benefits other than financially for getting a season ticket however I think far more people would get season tickets if there was greater transparency for how much better value a ST is. As it stands with different prices for category a games and the split I don't think that's possible so I think we should do away with increased prices for the big games, I know there are more policing costs for these games but imo the increased prices for these games generally puts people off going as they're normally tv games as well.
    I reckon stats would back up that since Cat A & B games were introduced, attendance at Cat A games has decreased

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I have had people asking for mine - told to get lost and buy there own (as they could choose to afford) - going to someone who has no way to afford

@hibs.net private member
    ST sales go well when the team is playing well consistently not just a few games at home. After a few years off dross its going to take more than s decent start. SPL football is far to exspensive. I have a ST and with cup top up so it was ok at £360.

Me and my mate bought 6 between us on sat and I thought it was good value at£215 for an adult and 2 kids in the FF, the person in the shop before us was also getting 2 half seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    I think for most people, it's price per game.

Blind loyalty only goes so far.
    Have to agree with this. I totally understand that buying these half seasons up front will allow Pat to strengthen the squad in January, but not everyone is able to do it. £220 is a lot of money, especially at this time of year, and especially when it is virtually the same price as paying walk up prices.

Not wanting this thread to be negative at all so if anyone can afford to do so and is likely to go to the majority of games then it would be great if they could get one. Also, if you are thinking of what to get nephews, nieces or grandchildren for Christmas then you could maybe get them a 'Hibs Future' (age 12-18 & students) Half Season Ticket. Prices start from £55

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    Me and my mate bought 6 between us on sat and I thought it was good value at£215 for an adult and 2 kids in the FF, the person in the shop before us was also getting 2 half seasons

The Adult & Kids Deal in FF is the Top offer.....

Value for money,

My local club in Holland a ST costs 210€ for 17 home games to see Ajax,PSV,Feyenoord,Twente and AZ,oops and groningen
    PATG costs 22 + 4€ booking fee =442€ per season, a ST saving of 232€.

I just tried to find half ST prices but site is down, I would believe them to be of very good value and not just a saving of 11 quid, hardly worth the effort.
    How about 11 quid saving and a Hibs top/t-shirt and a voucher for a mince pie or bovril?

Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    I could swear I'm seeing double this morning and I've never had a drink since Saturday night.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    I'm not complaining about the value, or indeed the cost. It's just that there is absolutely no incentive to pay up front
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    The bottom line is that they don't represent value for money.
    Miss one game between now and the rest of the season and you are already quids down.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin80 View Post
    Another huge issue with this is the change in kick off times (another dismissed in reconstruction) and they Saturday/Sunday early kick offs will stop people committing.
    The main issues seem to be value for money and games getting moved.

When I started buying a season ticket, many years ago, it represented decent value for money. Cup games were included as standard and you could probably miss 4 games and still make a saving. Now you just need to miss one or two and you've made a loss.

I appreciate that the club have to try and maximise the potential income from season tickets, but if it's poorly priced then they shouldn't complain too much when sales drop. Obviously they'll play on the "loyalty" aspect of buying season tickets but if supporters decline then it's a straight decision between keeping prices high with "loyal" supporters or dropping the cost to attract new customers (and done without emotional blackmail).
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    The main issues seem to be value for money and games getting moved.

When I started buying a season ticket, many years ago, it represented decent value for money. Cup games were included as standard and you could probably miss 4 games and still make a saving. Now you just need to miss one or two and you've made a loss.

I appreciate that the club have to try and maximise the potential income from season tickets, but if it's poorly priced then they shouldn't complain too much when sales drop. Obviously they'll play on the "loyalty" aspect of buying season tickets but if supporters decline then it's a straight decision between keeping prices high with "loyal" supporters or dropping the cost to attract new customers (and done without emotional blackmail).

The crux of the matter imo.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I think it has a lot to do with our great start to the season wilting a bit in the last month or so, its prime time for people buying half seasons and our form has taken a massive dip.

People that gave up going in the last 3 years are going to need more than 8 wins to convince them we have turned any sort of corner.

I know we beat hearts but the St Johnstone game was awful, we lost to aberdeen and we got hammered by Inverness and Dundee. Not exactly a good advert for quality football.