hibs.net Messageboard

Yams really hurting over 1 0 and they can't hide it.

They have a thread going about letters to the Scotsman, some of our guys have replied to one of their bitter mutants, all our guys have done is point out how they spent nearly 50 million on 2 trophies....and they are denying it!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have a thread going about letters to the Scotsman, some of our guys have replied to one of their bitter mutants, all our guys have done is point out how they spent nearly 50 million on 2 trophies....and they are denying it!!!

About £ 1.5 million of the £ 50 million was for the brand new mega stand. Well for a room full of drawings and planning applications for a mega stand.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    About £ 1.5 million of the £ 50 million was for the brand new mega stand. Well for a room full of drawings and planning applications for a mega stand.
    A wee bit of a hijack, but have you had any word back from the Council on your FOI request yet?

I must confess, I'm dubious as to how "hurting" the Jambos really are over this. I bet they are a bit pissed off at going out of the cup as holders to us of all people. The "1-0 all around the world" is a good laugh, and there are a few biting on that front by saying "yeah, like, I really don't care about these Hobo <rage seethe expletive etc etc>", but honestly, if the tables were turned and we'd papped them 5-1 in May and won the Scottish Cup, then lost 1-0 to them, would we really be writhing in agony??

I doubt it - if we go on to win the cup this year, then it'll sting, but perhaps a wee dose of perspective over the events of May 19th vs last Sunday might be in order.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Just tell any annoying Yams to come back in 2014.

That's the next time they'll be involved in the Big Cup!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Aye, we played crap - had a makeshift defence - lost out main striker and still papped them out the cup. Nah, they're not that bothered!!!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Just tell any annoying Yams to come back in 2014.

That's the next time they'll be involved in the Big Cup!
    Surely 3rd division pub teams enter in the earlier rounds.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitlochry hibee View Post
    Surely 3rd division pub teams enter in the earlier rounds.
    I'll use that one if and when the time comes.

2014 is current and accurate!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I must confess, I'm dubious as to how "hurting" the Jambos really are over this. I bet they are a bit pissed off at going out of the cup as holders to us of all people. The "1-0 all around the world" is a good laugh, and there are a few biting on that front by saying "yeah, like, I really don't care about these Hobo <rage seethe expletive etc etc>", but honestly, if the tables were turned and we'd papped them 5-1 in May and won the Scottish Cup, then lost 1-0 to them, would we really be writhing in agony??

I doubt it - if we go on to win the cup this year, then it'll sting, but perhaps a wee dose of perspective over the events of May 19th vs last Sunday might be in order.

I'm with you on this, sadly. Thoroughly enjoyed last Sunday and the next few days, but I'd be surprised if it's made any yams feel like part of themselves had died, which is how I felt in the aftermath of Hampden. In case anyone's concerned, that part has come back to life and is currently a recovering zombie - it'll be fully revived when we do win the damned thing.