hibs.net Messageboard

Secret agent Romanov in the Mail

The saviour of the yams is in the Mail on Sunday bringing more joy to bear!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    What an absolute roaster.

"They are investing money in the club and they are supporting their culture, along with Walter Scott and other great men. This is really a legacy."

Fair point Uncle Vlad, Sir Wattie all but dug his own grave attempting to wipe out an horrendous debt as well.

Testimonial Due
    Arrogant lunatic. I hope his 'empire' dies including hearts.

Ps I'm sure someone could do a photoshop of that picture of him kissing the cup, Paul Hartley perhaps?? ;-)

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "They are investing money in the club and they are supporting their culture, along with Walter Scott and other great men. This is really a legacy."

Fair point Uncle Vlad, Sir Wattie all but dug his own grave attempting to wipe out an horrendous debt as well.

Does he mean Walter Scott, celebrated investor in Rangers, or Walter Smith, author of The Heart of Midlothian and other novels???

what a waste of Newspaper column.

@hibs.net private member ginger_rice's Avatar
    Why isn't there a megalomaniac smilie?
    "Football should always be played beautifully, you should play in an attacking way, it must be a spectacle". Johan Cruyff.

I keep reading that Vlad has spent £60M on hearts since 2004, surely that can't be right. £60M for 2 Scottish cups? and still up to their eyeballs in debt. I would like to see a break down of that spending.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    I keep reading that Vlad has spent £60M on hearts since 2004, surely that can't be right. £60M for 2 Scottish cups? and still up to their eyeballs in debt. I would like to see a break down of that spending.
    It will be back of the fag-packet accounting.

Hearts debt when he took over was £20m approx. It's now (including the swaps and stuff) about £40m.There's £20m.

The losses in the seven years he's been here are upwards of £5m.each year. There's another £35m at least.

Not the way I would do it, but you can see where the figures come from.

Notice the name on the cup just below where he is planting his lips - yep you've guessed it Hibernian Football Club.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDavidFrancey View Post
    Does he mean Walter Scott, celebrated investor in Rangers, or Walter Smith, author of The Heart of Midlothian and other novels???
    Oooh right enough, something lost in translation perchance. Probably referring to Walter Mitty, subscriber to all things yammish...

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    The delusion of Vlad is fascinating. Imagine him and chuckie Green having a debate about Scottish Football.

Had a wee rake around to see if anything was new with U.B.I.G. and never realised they opened a subsidiary in the U K. in 2010.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/45...c0/compdetails

Of course no returns or accounts ever provided, in fact it looks it never started.