hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar

January transfer targets

According to the SP:-

Dunfermline winger Joe Cardle.

Partick Thistle midfielder Chris Erskine.

Queen of the South pair Nick Clark and Gavin Reilly.

And Kenny Miller remains a realistic loan target.

I'm sure the list will grow in the weeks ahead but it's obvious we do need more players and the quicker the better. The absence of defenders on yesterdays bench highlighted that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I'm sure the list will grow in the weeks ahead but it's obvious we do need more players and the quicker the better. The absence of defenders on yesterdays bench highlighted that.
    According to a Dunfermline fan I know Cardle has been outstanding this season.

I think we deffo need a centre half and a winger at the very least, and thats assuming we manage to keep the 3 loanees!!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    If we can keep the 3 loans, then a centre half, 2 wide men would be great business in my opinion. As long as they were able to strengthen us, and not just squad fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    If we can keep the 3 loans, then a centre half, 2 wide men would be great business in my opinion. As long as they were able to strengthen us, and not just squad fillers.
    Key point for me.

We need players capable of coming in and doing a job in the 1st team right away.

I'd like to see Richie Foran at Hibs, always plays well against us and a very good SPL player.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    There are a good few Motherwell players that are out of contract at the season end.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    There are lessons to be learnt in so far as it is essential that WE scout our own players and not rely on the dubious testaments of shady agents or grainy videos.

I want something new. something we ain't had for decades ,in fact Im not sure they make them any more, its a while since I seen one at Hibs ,
    most other teams seem to find them but no Hibs , I want one (2 TBH 1 either side) of those players that can take a throw in,that we actually retain possession from, now I dont know where you get them or how much they cost, I was thinking of sending Santa a line.
    Im sure they would be of great benefit to Pat for a higher league position come the end of the season ,any idea`s ,
    I only want whats best for Hibs ,likes

Coaching Staff
    I'm told we've started negotiations with Partick for Erskine and Clark is a very real target - also Livingston may make another attempt to get Handling on loan - they failed in summer to get him.

Cardle is a good player but I'd say if we're in for Erskine then that's the left sided player Pat prefers.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: StevenHibs
    Quote Originally Posted by cad View Post
    I want something new. something we ain't had for decades ,in fact Im not sure they make them any more, its a while since I seen one at Hibs ,
    most other teams seem to find them but no Hibs , I want one (2 TBH 1 either side) of those players that can take a throw in,that we actually retain possession from, now I dont know where you get them or how much they cost, I was thinking of sending Santa a line.
    Im sure they would be of great benefit to Pat for a higher league position come the end of the season ,any idea`s ,
    I hear you, it astonishes me to this day, that we cannot throw the ball and keep possession! We were doing this under the last dud, Calderwood. Same with when we kick off, what do we do lump it out the park Honestly

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I think we need a cb plus 2 wingers & a striker in this upcoming window. As well as the three loan players signed up.

See there's a number of comments wanting a centre half, to replace who I'm interested to know?

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    We're not going to have a big squad full of capable first team regulars. We'll have a couple of squad players, who will be clearly just that, a settled first eleven, 3 or 4 competative players, and youth players. That's the best we can realistically hope for - and it gives our youth hope instead of chucking 10 needless signings in the way.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post

Some height and physical presence in any position we strengthen, but especially the midfield. We have been playing well, but are not at the races winning high balls in the middle of the park.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    We're not going to have a big squad full of capable first team regulars. We'll have a couple of squad players, who will be clearly just that, a settled first eleven, 3 or 4 competative players, and youth players. That's the best we can realistically hope for - and it gives our youth hope instead of chucking 10 needless signings in the way.
    My own view mate is that if Hibs secure safety in the next 5/6 games we will see the gradual introduction of the likes of Harris, Stanton and Caldwell/Handling. Reaching say the 38/40 point mark, which is very achievable in next run of games means Hibs and Pat can relax a little and blood some guys - Harris in particular needs to play. The midfield desperately needs a guy willing to drive, dribble and entertain. Cairney is our only real 'entertainer' - Wotherspoon is having a very good season but again it's confidence with him.

Taiwo and Claros as sitters just doesn't float my boat. But I can see why we've gone with that during our injury crisis. Sooner we get Clancy and McPake back the better. Shifting McGivern out left is crucial too. He has been superb cover, but I'd like height and strength right across that back line - then you can afford to gamble a little in midfield with young players.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    See there's a number of comments wanting a centre half, to replace who I'm interested to know?
    I say we need a centre half, as McPake while being a great leader seems to be missing quite a few games, and we need McGivern if we keep him at left back.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cad View Post
    They could also double up as the man who marks the thrower. Something that hasn't happened at Hibs for years. We seem to like throwins as that is our latest kick off ploy. Blooter the ball, ala Gavin Hastings into the corner and lose possesion straight away. Thought I ahd seen the end of that when Alex Miller left.

I think the players we have are doing a decent job but it really shows when there are a few injuries. Like most signing up the 3 loaness is the first priority. I would agree with some wide players and also someone up top that can hold the ball up. Brewster in his time would have been great with Sparky. We have 3 decent Centre Halfs in my opinion and Maybury can also go into the middle at a push so I would look to other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    They could also double up as the man who marks the thrower. Something that hasn't happened at Hibs for years. We seem to like throwins as that is our latest kick off ploy. Blooter the ball, ala Gavin Hastings into the corner and lose possesion straight away. Thought I ahd seen the end of that when Alex Miller left.

I think the players we have are doing a decent job but it really shows when there are a few injuries. Like most signing up the 3 loaness is the first priority. I would agree with some wide players and also someone up top that can hold the ball up. Brewster in his time would have been great with Sparky. We have 3 decent Centre Halfs in my opinion and Maybury can also go into the middle at a push so I would look to other areas.

Aye a Brewster ,Killen sort of player up front , and a Zoooomer / Liam Miller esk sort of midfielder whos not injury prone, and over 4`5"
    We shall see what we shall see come Jan hopefully we wont have lost to many points through our injury list and the newbies will kick on ,still got a few to go out the door as well remember, if it starts snowing next week cancelling games till the break even better, Im only jokin aboot the snow likes

Not necessarily anyone mate but we r threadbare at the back and need decent cover!!

'S' Form

january targets

we are defo in for the lad erskine?.as i said on earlier post?.hes been scouted and watched by pat fenlon a lot!!.hes a bit of a late developer.hes left sided ,direct,tall.hes 25 now.pals with paul cairney?.my info is huddersfield and motherwell have also been sniffing about him?

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar
    We are struggling to afford LG so there is no chance we will be paying money for any players. The only signings we will make are players out of contract in January or Loan signings. I think it is safe to say that we shouldn't expect much this window so we can probably forget those players already being mentioned. I stand to be corrected though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees07 View Post
    We are struggling to afford LG so there is no chance we will be paying money for any players. The only signings we will make are players out of contract in January or Loan signings. I think it is safe to say that we shouldn't expect much this window so we can probably forget those players already being mentioned. I stand to be corrected though.
    Correct, don't see where the moneys coming from Tbh

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    Correct, don't see where the moneys coming from Tbh
    250k from celtics advancement in Europe ...................
    However much we made off the derby..............
    Money we make of using the SFL use Easter road for cup semi............
    Half Season ticket sales......

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Not necessarily anyone mate but we r threadbare at the back and need decent cover!!
    Your absolutely right mate we definitely need cover. Was just interested to see if it was a case of needing a CH as a first eleven or as squad back up.

We won't get him but I like the guy Gunning at UTD

Richie foran would be a great signing

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: StevenHibs
    Hanlon

First Team Breakthrough Postman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    We have 3 decent Centre Halfs in my opinion and Maybury can also go into the middle at a push so I would look to other areas.
    He can?? He's an average right back so would hope we never have to rely on him playing at centre half! Clancy and McGivern are the two who can play full back and centre half for me

There was a lot of talk about Paddy Mcourt during the last transfer window. Dont know where he stands in Lennons plans but I think he would be a good addition to HIBS.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dchibs View Post
    There was a lot of talk about Paddy Mcourt during the last transfer window. Dont know where he stands in Lennons plans but I think he would be a good addition to HIBS.
    I think Lennon would like to keep everyone he has tbh

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Mcourt is a good player but maybe not what we need if we want to continue the improvement in attitude in the squad.