hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Left by mutual consent!
    what a friggin grand gesture that is, giving someone else's money to charity. Twats.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Taxation has always been the best way to care for the vulnerable in society.

I'll think an awful lot less of any charity that takes money in these circumstances ie being cynically used as a pr stunt.

I'd expect nothing less of the rangers charity foundation who I seem to remember have previous for acting uncharitably.

We can go round in circles though; this is about the rangers acting like a petulant toddler in a huff. And that petulant toddler should be made to sit on the naughty step until they start to behave in a proper manner or Scottish football will suffer the consequences for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously it's a good thing when charities receive money. However, the cynic in me says that the Rangers decision to donate the Scottish cup cash to charity has been done purely to spite Dundee Utd. For one thing if they genuinely cared about the cause then they wouldn't boycott the match and threaten the amount of cash that can be raised.
    Puts pressure on DUFC to split the takings. Good of the Huns to "donate" the gate receipts provided by DUFC fans Complete knob heads.

I would imagine United will deduct the money Green has refused to pay that they were due from last year's cup tie at Ibrox. After deducting United's costs, VAT and the SFA's 5% I doubt there will be much left for the Huns' charities anyway.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Lets just make sure that the charities get the money and it is not a loan. If needy organisations get funds, then great, but we shouldn't lose sight of the thought process behind this gesture. Cast back a few days and Sewer Co are thinking Celtc may qualify for the last 16 of the CL, how can we get them off the back page. Fast forward to last night. Celtc have qualified for the last 16 of the CL, how can we get them off the back page.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I would imagine United will deduct the money Green has refused to pay that they were due from last year's cup tie at Ibrox. After deducting United's costs, VAT and the SFA's 5% I doubt there will be much left for the Huns' charities anyway.
    I don't think they would be allowed to do that. The liquidators would kick up for a start.... they would see it as an unfair preference.

I know we've done the "football debt" thing to death on here, but I reckon DUFC would be on shaky ground if they did it.

More money would go to charity if The Rangers sold tickets and passed on their 40%. The supporters could still boycott the game by not turning up. They'd have a warm righteous glow knowing that they'd contributed to a good cause.

Nasty and cynical move by Sevco Huns. If they were serious about this then it would have been part of their original anouncement but this is clearly a desperate retaliation against suggestions Dundee Utd could subtract the money that they were due by Huns RIP before paying anything over.

Problem is that most people will simply see the headline and think it's a nice gesture.

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    Typical. spending somebody elses money again.

A bit of topic but do you reckon this will make the game a certainty to be shown by Sky.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturdays Hero View Post
    A bit of topic but do you reckon this will make the game a certainty to be shown by Sky.
    It's definately being shown live
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    It's definately being shown live
    Good,I'm hoping we'll get a 3 o'clock Sat kick-off.

dundee utd wont need a team talk before this match....a few quotes from charlie green pinned to the dressing room wall should do the trick...like never before i hope that the 'walking dead' get blown away in front of a huge t.v. audience...they have set themselves up for a massive humiliation with their spoilt bully antics and it is only right that the whole country should enjoy their downfall.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Just to be fair, the Rangers Charity Trust has always been very supportive when I have asked for donations for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsdownunder View Post
    Green it seems is seeking publicity and confrontation - this, the engagement of traynor and his various revisionist sound bites with religious undertones - he is attempting to polarise the Rangers support around the club. Why? For his own financial gain. His end game is to exit the club with a large profit. However the game doesn't end there and his current strategy will have many negative consequences for football and society in scotland. He needs to be made accountable. I would look to make him rather than Rangers the issue. Hopefully the authorities in a broader sense will begin to check him before this escalates.

Sporting integrity the man appears to have no integrity, dragging the country back by feeding old prejudices - no need!
    Excellent post. While the SPL have no jurisdiction over the new Nuns, there is nothing to stop them introducing new rules now making promotion to the SPL conditional on the behaviour of lower division clubs, rather than automatic promotion if they win Div 1 and have meet the stadium/financial requirements. That would include inflammatory and idiotic comments/actions by chairmen (such as Green) that bring the game into disrepute. If the SPL did that, it would shut that idiot up or better still encourage the new Huns to go find another league to annoy.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dundee Utd need to treat this action with contempt. Getting Rangers or Celtic in a draw is literally a lottery and can't be budgeted for so they just need to treat this with the mindset that they have drawn a 3rd div team and will have a 3rd division crowd to deal with.

Then go out and absolutely pummel the self righteous cheats.

Even if they won't admit it Rangers and their fans are absolutely hating the medicine they are having to swallow at the moment and pathetic little attempts like this to get 'revenge' as they see it is ultimately futile.
    Last edited by Spike Mandela; 07-12-2012 at 08:46 AM.

That auld trumpet Smith makes me chuckle. Dundee United gave him his break in football and that's how he pays them back, by slavering garbage about Sevco/deadco being the victims and United being part of some posse out to get them as if they are somehow to blame for his rancid outfits position. The only victims are the creditors owed millions by deadco, nobody else.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post
    That auld trumpet Smith makes me chuckle. Dundee United gave him his break in football and that's how he pays them back, by slavering garbage about Sevco/deadco being the victims and United being part of some posse out to get them as if they are somehow to blame for his rancid outfits position. The only victims are the creditors owed millions by deadco, nobody else.

The inflamatory #ish coming from the Daily record is worrying. The managers of that rag must be aware of conflict and divisions between Deadco and all other Scottish clubs being fuelled, by allowing statements from biased and illinformed persons such as Smith,Hately and Gough to be published without back up evidence, or any form of challenge from reporters. Hately doesnt even write his column, its ghosted by a reporter.
    By the way ,I have not purchased a Daily Record since Alex Millars team won the League Cup. Once or twice a week I look at their on line version but am seriously trying to withdraw from that affliction as I believe they (the DR) get a fee for every click on.
    PS The aforementioned rag is the main source of PR for deadco, which seems to conflict with hiring Traynor, if rumours are correct, to do the same job.

Quote Originally Posted by killie-hibby View Post
    The inflamatory #ish coming from the Daily record is worrying. The managers of that rag must be aware of conflict and divisions between Deadco and all other Scottish clubs being fuelled, by allowing statements from biased and illinformed persons such as Smith,Hately and Gough to be published without back up evidence, or any form of challenge from reporters. Hately doesnt even write his column, its ghosted by a reporter.
    By the way ,I have not purchased a Daily Record since Alex Millars team won the League Cup. Once or twice a week I look at their on line version but am seriously trying to withdraw from that affliction as I believe they (the DR) get a fee for every click on.
    PS The aforementioned rag is the main source of PR for deadco, which seems to conflict with hiring Traynor, if rumours are correct, to do the same job.
    I reckon utd stand to lose about 50k here, Stephen Thompson should set up a paypal call it "utd we stand" or something and invite fans from all other spl sides to donate £10 £5 or even a quid whatever with a 50 k limit on the account, that way the huns get nothing and utd are'nt out of pocket, it would really annoy the huns that there pathetic wee boycott hasn't worked.

Blog Entries
    McCoist and EVERY player in the The Rangers squad has backed the boycott. They really are putting up the '**** the lot of you' barricades. Green has got them all round his little finger and is playing to the ignorant masses. He'll be selling them off at a tidy profit just as they return to the SPL or whatever it will be called in a few years time and the 'sheep' left running the club will expect to drift naturally back into the position they were 'rudely' ousted from. It's important that these anti-social and anti-football antics are used in evidence against them when the time comes to refuse them entry to the top league.

Blog Entries
    Is it not time the SFA and SFL made a comment on this fiasco. Or maybe they are so in their pocket and beholding to them that they are frightened to rock rhe boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Is it not time the SFA and SFL made a comment on this fiasco. Or maybe they are so in their pocket and beholding to them that they are frightened to rock rhe boat.
    The Sfa to show some leadership...aye right enough

Baffling thing for me is that they still don't understand why people detest them

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post

After reading his ramblings wondered if Super Ally/ Green had written the script
    This ' hard done to attitude ' cuts no ice , at least not with the football people I mix with .
    Whatever/whoever , methinks Waldo is past his sell by date and is well suited to the Sevco set up
    They are welcome to him

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I was saying to an Arab mate yesterday that the fact the SFA have not come straight out with any form of commenting could be a good thing. I take it as a sign that they are seriously considering the ramifications of this. I might be wrong, of course. It wouldn't be the first time, just ask my wife
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Dundee United have asked the SFA for guidance. That will be done privately and, after that, we will know the SFA's position.

The SFL have nothing to do with it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Dundee United have asked the SFA for guidance. That will be done privately and, after that, we will know the SFA's position.

The SFL have nothing to do with it.
    I am not so sure you are right about the SFL and I would suggest that they are responsible for the behaviour of their member clubs. If the shoe was on the other foot, and an SPL club was victimising an SFL club, I've no doubt that the SPL hierarchy would be expected to get involved.

I am not so sure you are right about the SFL and I would suggest that they are responsible for the behaviour of their member clubs. If the shoe was on the other foot, and an SPL club was victimising an SFL club, I've no doubt that the SPL hierarchy would be expected to get involved.
    Fair point.

i know it could be hard for the fans to do this but what about just not going to the game, they will win it anyway,no cash for them