hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atmosphere

Atmosphere

Considering we have been critical and come in for alot of stick regarding our stadium dj recently I think the club got it 110% right yesterday!

the stadium was jumping and the best atmosphere we have had for a long time!

The boo's from the the **** when the 6-2 game was announced shows we got right under their skins!

The idea of playing tunes after goals definiately is a nice touch! Although I know many of us probs wouldn't have heard it....the decision to play Gangman Style was genius just gutted that Lee wasn't on the pitch to do it with Spoony!
    The atmosphere at full time was absolutely superb! Well done I just hope that the same efforts are put in our other games and not just against our rivals or Celtic!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    I noticed he played the 3 songs I mentioned at half time, in the exact order as well!

He obviously reads on this site.

What were the odds against all 3 half time draw numbers containing the combination 7-0?

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I noticed he played the 3 songs I mentioned at half time, in the exact order as well!

I said that yesterday

I was in the West Upper. At full time when SOL was playing, I happened to look at the Directors Box.
    Rod Petrie was standing on his own watching the fans in the East and he was singing along with the fans. Nice touch

and it was a good idea with Jones and Co coming on at half time

they didnt like the cis cup goal being mentioned either

but then again they do that to us just about every PBS derby

Really wish I had a seat in Secton 43... but that was one of the best days I've had at Easter Road, great atmosphere and we beat the Yams. Hopefully we can get the same attendance for Septic on the 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by WheresTheBevvy? View Post
    and it was a good idea with Jones and Co coming on at half time

they didnt like the cis cup goal being mentioned either

but then again they do that to us just about every PBS derby
    to hear everyone singing when they played the tune was class the big man must of enjoyed that

Quote Originally Posted by er75 View Post
    The idea of playing tunes after goals definiately is a nice touch! Although I know many of us probs wouldn't have heard it....the decision to play Gangman Style was genius just gutted that Lee wasn't on the pitch to do it with Spoony!
    Had absolutely no idea there was music played after the goal yesterday. Not keen on post-goal music as a rule though.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Had absolutely no idea there was music played after the goal yesterday. Not keen on post-goal music as a rule though.
    I think yesterday was a good touch but agree that it can become a bit much on games when atmosphere is lesser than it was!

@hibs.net private member
    When the whole Hibs support was singing green army I reckon that's got to be the loudest its been at ER since AEK game. Cracking atmosphere especially last 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    When the whole Hibs support was singing green army I reckon that's got to be the loudest its been at ER since AEK game. Cracking atmosphere especially last 10 minutes
    havent known people to stay behind that long for a long time!

It's just ashame we now have two weeks to wait until we are back!

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    i think SOL shoulda been played earlier before people started drifting off. still its the worst derby ive watched but chuffed how it ended.

GGTTH

New east stand is finally opened!

Totally agree best atmosphere since AEK game, shame it has taken x amount of years, the east stand was officially opened yesterday! just prooves the new east can be every bit if not better than the old, plus at least we are not stuck behind the pillars! only ever going to get an atmosphere like that against hearts or old firm so Hibs V Celtic games might be only atmosphere for after xmas!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post

Only small criticism, he miss timed Sunshine on Leith at kick off.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Same, was too busy losing my voice. In retrospect it was a nice touch for those who could hear it.

The only thing with bringing the guys out at half time was missing them being stuck in the hellish, and ultimately futile effort queuing for a pie.

It was my one criticism of the day, granted it was busier than normal, but the worlds slowest moving catering staff combined with having no food would have cost the club lost income and made me miss a chance to sing the Rob Jones song!

Wasn't at the game but the Hibs fans were very noisy throughout on my tv. Massive club I guess.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    The only thing with bringing the guys out at half time was missing them being stuck in the hellish, and ultimately futile effort queuing for a pie.

It was my one criticism of the day, granted it was busier than normal, but the worlds slowest moving catering staff combined with having no food would have cost the club lost income and made me miss a chance to sing the Rob Jones song!
    Catering is outsourced so Hibs will not lose out on income. Not good there aren't enough pies though.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    What were the odds against all 3 half time draw numbers containing the combination 7-0?
    Hahaha ,i noticed that , brilliant

ggtth

If we start playing music after goals i might cry. Tackiest thing around if you ask me.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brebners Bookie View Post
    If we start playing music after goals i might cry. Tackiest thing around if you ask me.
    We've been doing it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    We've been doing it for years.
    Not after every goal though? If we have i honestly have not heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brebners Bookie View Post
    i think if the right tunes are chosen and its not too repetitive in terms of song choice then it could add that little bit extra atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post

yes was my only complaint as well, I Missed start of the second half ,and no food left with a lot of fans still behind me. HIBS REALLY NEED TO GET THIS SORTED

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Much to be improved on regarding tunes! I didn't appreciate Black Eyed Peas or The Fratellis one bit. Enjoyed Slade though

I didn't even hear the music after the goal due to the radge celebrations but they can bolt if they start doing that after every goal. That's the fans time to make noise, not some contrived song over the PA system.

Did anyone else notice he played "Sweet Child O' Mine" all the way through at half time - great tune but had me scratching my head, that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    I didn't even hear the music after the goal due to the radge celebrations but they can bolt if they start doing that after every goal. That's the fans time to make noise, not some contrived song over the PA system.
    Exactly this. Nothing makes me cringe more and hated it when we used to do it a few years back.
    The crowd make enough noise for a goal.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    Did anyone else notice he played "Sweet Child O' Mine" all the way through at half time - great tune but had me scratching my head, that one!
    Not every song needs a reason to have it played, its just a good song.